I'm sooo tempted to reveal my Hide Your Hair Pics...and I started the challenge!

RabiaElaine

Ladies,

I finally uploaded my pictures to my fotki and have it hidden behind a password. I'm really tempted to reveal my pics to you ladies because I'm sooooo proud of my progress.

Finally after 3 years on LHCF. I have finally taken my hair care completely serious this year and taken it completely into my own hands and I'm finally seeing the results I want and some light at the end of the long hair tunnel, lol!

I just wanted to let you know the one who created the challenge rules is soooooo tempted to break them, but I'm going to try to hold out for next week.

Anyway thanks for keeping me motivated ladies!

Challengers...Only 6 days to go until we reveal on Christmas Eve!!!!!

Noooooooooo! :eek:

Don't do it RabiaElaine! You can hold out ... I know you can! :lol: Think of it like Christmas back in the day when you were a child and waiting to open the gifts under the tree. That's how I look at it! Boy was I tempted back then as well to prematurely find out what I had gotten.

I have yet to get a touchup since completing my 6 month stretch on Dec. 6th. I have taken a couple of pics. I am loving the thickness sooooo much that I am tempted not to get one, but I don't like the detangling or shrinkage of being natural! Which reminds me, I'd better make an appointment with my stylist for this week or I might be left out in the cold! :(

I can't wait to see yours and everyone else's hair in the challenge! But hang in there. You only have a few days.

oh wow i cant wait to see what your growth looks like..and please wait to XMAS to do it pleaseeeeeee....i want to see all of the ladies at one time....im sorry but could you rundown a simple regimen of what the challenge was about? and how did you go about hiding your hair and for how long?...because i would love to join it if there is anotha one for 2007..

bluediamond0829 said:
oh wow i cant wait to see what your growth looks like..and please wait to XMAS to do it pleaseeeeeee....i want to see all of the ladies at one time....im sorry but could you rundown a simple regimen of what the challenge was about? and how did you go about hiding your hair and for how long?...because i would love to join it if there is anotha one for 2007..

The Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Challenge was basically a challenge where we hid our hair for 6 months. We all had different methods of hiding our hair, mine was wearing a weave. I redid my weave every 4 weeks or so for six months. The goal was to keep your hair hidden from everyone (family, friends, coworkers etc.) so that come Christmas time your hair being out would be a present to yourself and others. A few ladies needed passes to wear their hair down for special occasions. O yeah I should add that for 6 months we, the challengers, didn't reveal our pictures on LHCF. So essentially LHCF has not seen updates on our progress since June or so.

The ladies on this challenge will be wore their hair in various styles, weaves, braids, buns, updos, etc to keep their hair hidden.

We will be starting a new challenge in the new year. We will have shorter challenges like 3 months more than likely, but we will make a decision on what the new challenge will look like. I think this last 6 month stretch has been the best thing I could have done for my hair!

You are welcome to join us on the new challenge, your hair will love you for it!

Ms_Twana said:
Okay, I'll probably be one the computer at like midnight waiting for someone to post pictures!!! :lachen:

Yeah I think I will be like that too, lol! I will definitely start this thread at 12:00am on December 24th!

well i sho'do wish xmas eve would hurry up and get here. I expect the progress for some ladies to be phenomenal!

I was a bad girl. :( I revealed in my siggy. I was moreso hiding from friends and fam than from LHCF though.

Rabia Elaine,

Is there anyway that you could post the links to the members albums who were on the challenge in your initial post on the thread followed by the date you posted the link/reveal so that we can see some of the ladies that wait till the first of the next year. So that it will be easy to see who's updated without necessairly having to go through all the comments searching for someone who has updated?

Like this would be the reaveal post and then members of the challenge could e-mail you links so that it could be in the first post on the thread.

www.fotki.com/buggsbunnyhairupdates (12/25/06)
www.yahoo.com/pictures/roggerrabbithairupdates (1/7/07)

I just know there is going to be some beautiful hair and I don't want us to miss some ladies because they have to reveal a little bit latter or because there a tons of comments about some of the other beautiful heads and so that we miss them. This would also prevent against a million threads being put up because we missed someones reveal. Thanks. Candice

ETA: I know this seems like more work...but we've all worked so hard so far...might as make sure that we get to see all the beautiful heads.

Don't do it! Don't do it! You have only a few days to go. I know if I'm having a hard time waiting, you guys are too. Hang in there. Christmas will be here in no time.

JazzyDez said:
I was a bad girl. :( I revealed in my siggy. I was moreso hiding from friends and fam than from LHCF though.

Me too... I don't have much progess to report anyway. I revealed when I BCed the end of September (which was totally unexpected). Only the few people in my house have seen it. And they've only seen it on one or two occasions. I've only been out in public with my TWA once or twice. The rest of the world probably thinks nothing has changed since my hair is always covered up anyway. I think I'm gonna go another 6 months though. If not 6, definitely 3.

RabiaElaine said:
The Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Challenge was basically a challenge where we hid our hair for 6 months. We all had different methods of hiding our hair, mine was wearing a weave. I redid my weave every 4 weeks or so for six months. The goal was to keep your hair hidden from everyone (family, friends, coworkers etc.) so that come Christmas time your hair being out would be a present to yourself and others. A few ladies needed passes to wear their hair down for special occasions. O yeah I should add that for 6 months we, the challengers, didn't reveal our pictures on LHCF. So essentially LHCF has not seen updates on our progress since June or so.

The ladies on this challenge will be wore their hair in various styles, weaves, braids, buns, updos, etc to keep their hair hidden.

We will be starting a new challenge in the new year. We will have shorter challenges like 3 months more than likely, but we will make a decision on what the new challenge will look like. I think this last 6 month stretch has been the best thing I could have done for my hair!

You are welcome to join us on the new challenge, your hair will love you for it!

Well i'll be up to joining the challenge when the next one is started...i'll be looking for the thread to put my name down...

cmw45 said:
Rabia Elaine,

Is there anyway that you could post the links to the members albums who were on the challenge in your initial post on the thread followed by the date you posted the link/reveal so that we can see some of the ladies that wait till the first of the next year. So that it will be easy to see who's updated without necessairly having to go through all the comments searching for someone who has updated?

Like this would be the reaveal post and then members of the challenge could e-mail you links so that it could be in the first post on the thread.

www.fotki.com/buggsbunnyhairupdates (12/25/06)
www.yahoo.com/pictures/roggerrabbithairupdates (1/7/07)

I just know there is going to be some beautiful hair and I don't want us to miss some ladies because they have to reveal a little bit latter or because there a tons of comments about some of the other beautiful heads and so that we miss them. This would also prevent against a million threads being put up because we missed someones reveal. Thanks. Candice

ETA: I know this seems like more work...but we've all worked so hard so far...might as make sure that we get to see all the beautiful heads.

Sure...I think I understand what you're saying. So essentially when I start the post I will put the links to the various alubums in my first post to the thread.?? If this is what you mean I'll set up a thread to notify the ladies to email me or PM me their album links. They could even send them to me now (assuming they've set them up already). I think that could work.

If I'm confused about anything let me know.

bluediamond0829 said:
Well i'll be up to joining the challenge when the next one is started...i'll be looking for the thread to put my name down...

Me too, which is why I joined the 2007 boot camp cause I had planned on hiding my hair for the entire year with either braids or sew-ins. I'm gonna start the year off with a sew-in.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Me too... I don't have much progess to report anyway. I revealed when I BCed the end of September (which was totally unexpected). Only the few people in my house have seen it. And they've only seen it on one or two occasions. I've only been out in public with my TWA once or twice. The rest of the world probably thinks nothing has changed since my hair is always covered up anyway. I think I'm gonna go another 6 months though. If not 6, definitely 3.

yeah the day of my siggy pic (2nd one) was the ONLY day my hair was out. It was a special weekend and I had a fresh relaxer! But my fam will still be very surprised when they see my real hair, hopefully I can get a rollerset for xmas. I plan on joining the new challenge also. I will play by the rules this time!

RabiaElaine said:
:whip::spank::spank:

Nice progress chica!

thanks and ouch!! I know I've been a bad girl! I plan to join the new challenge and like I said will play by the rules this time.....cant wait to see everyone elses progress though!

I know I can't wait to see all that hair! I joined last month and thought no one updated their fotkis .....now I know and my nosey butt can't wait...lol

RabiaElaine said:
Ladies,

I finally uploaded my pictures to my fotki and have it hidden behind a password. I'm really tempted to reveal my pics to you ladies because I'm sooooo proud of my progress.

Finally after 3 years on LHCF. I have finally taken my hair care completely serious this year and taken it completely into my own hands and I'm finally seeing the results I want and some light at the end of the long hair tunnel, lol!

I just wanted to let you know the one who created the challenge rules is soooooo tempted to break them, but I'm going to try to hold out for next week.

Anyway thanks for keeping me motivated ladies!

Challengers...Only 6 days to go until we reveal on Christmas Eve!!!!!

Go on...show the damn pics...it's only 7 days early...shoot....we hid for 6 months...that was good as hell:ohwell:

*edited...I'm bad, I know....Tina eat the cake, eat the cake Tina....Tina just eat the cake..lol

Last edited:
I am so excited for everyone on that challenge, but I do have some questions? one, and please forgive me if someone already asked the question, did you guys take a before picture- before you hid your hair? I think that would be interesting to see your before picture next to your updated picture of being in the challenge. That would encourage me to join a challenge for the summer because I am really hoping I will be shoulder length by April, so I can finally put my hair up in a bun. Anywho I am so excited I can't wait to see your after pictures. I will be in church Christmas eve but I will come back on after. :) :)

Trudy said:
I am so excited for everyone on that challenge, but I do have some questions? one, and please forgive me if someone already asked the question, did you guys take a before picture- before you hid your hair? I think that would be interesting to see your before picture next to your updated picture of being in the challenge. That would encourage me to join a challenge for the summer because I am really hoping I will be shoulder length by April, so I can finally put my hair up in a bun. Anywho I am so excited I can't wait to see your after pictures. I will be in church Christmas eve but I will come back on after. :) :)

Yes, before pictures were taken;) :p

I am SO jealous that I didn't do this challenge and stick with it. I started but I got bored. I am very happy about your progress RabiaElaine, as well as the other ladies who were able to hide their hair for 6 months; wow. Can't wait to see the result.

RabiaElaine said:

RabiaElaine...., I assumed you relaxed your hair during this 6 months period, correct? How soon after relaxing did you weave your hair? With your newly relaxed hair (1 week old), what did you do to hide the length at that time?

Back