I'm so mad at my hair right now (PICS) !!!!

Belle_de_Paris

I've chopped my hair in December to restart with new fresh ends and it seems they are jacked up again. :wallbash:
I really don't know what to do .
I feel bald with those ugly see through ends !!!!! When my hair is wet it's terrible, there's NO WAY i'm going to the beach like that this summer ! :nuts:

I just finished straightening my hair, it looks ok but I'm not really happy with the length, shine and general health of it.

So do you think I have to cut my ends? I wanted to wait until APL but... :perplexed

Attachments

• SAM_1056.JPG
    SAM_1056.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 355
  • SAM_1069.JPG
    SAM_1069.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 365
  • SAM_1074.JPG
    SAM_1074.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 357
  • SAM_1080.JPG
    SAM_1080.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 731
  • SAM_1044.JPG
    SAM_1044.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 725

pookaloo83

It looks ok here:

But what the hell happened here?! :lol:

I would leave it the way it is. I never judge my ends when it's wet. I always waited to see how it looked when it dried. Roots shrink up and can make everything look uneven and see thru.

SmileyNY

Are the ends split? If not, your ends are healthier than you think. Like most people, your hair probably grows at different rates. Also, as your NG comes in at different rates, it lifts random strands of hair higher than others & makes them appear shorter. It will take time, but you will eventually see the many fruits of your labor.

I used to worry about sparser ends, but now I don't any more. I just search & destroy. As my hair grows, I'm noticing that my ends are filling in nicely. Now that I have finally made BSL, my end are actually quite thick. Once I reach MBL, I will cut my hair to a full BSL. Until then, I'm not going to stunt my growth by throwing scissors at my hair whenever I'm frustrated.

imaccami

I think you have unrealistic expectations of what your ends should look like. IMO, your hair will always look like that when wet. I think you should stop trimming your hair and let it grow out. You should look at that thread of someone who showed that letting her hair grow without trimming her "lead hair" caused her ends to appear thicker over time.

Belle_de_Paris

I would leave it the way it is. I never judge my ends when it's wet. I always waited to see how it looked when it dried. Roots shrink up and can make everything look uneven and see thru.

:hair: TERRIBLE...A real HAM, I'm tellin' you.

Are the ends split? If not, your ends are healthier than you think. Like most people, your hair probably grows at different rates. Also, as your NG comes in at different rates, it lifts random strands of hair higher than others & makes them appear shorter. It will take time, but you will eventually see the many fruits of your labor.

Thank you ladies.
I will leave it this way until I reach full APL but it's so frustrating !!!

Belle_de_Paris

I think you have unrealistic expectations of what your ends should look like. IMO, your hair will always look like that when wet. I think you should stop trimming your hair and let it grow out. You should look at that thread of someone who showed that letting her hair grow without trimming her "lead hair" caused her ends to appear thicker over time.

Never thought about that. I'll stop trimming and see what happens.
Thank you :)

runwaydream

so sorry. i know this is supposed to be a serious thread but...

It looks ok here:

ok. now that i done got that out of my system, i just wanna say that everyone's hair is going to look thinner when it's wet. especially if it's relaxed. your hair looks perfectly healthy when it's dried so i dont think you should worry so much. lol. your hair is cute. just wear it up when you're going to the beach i guess. lol

Belle_de_Paris

LOL It's okay, I admit it was funny :lol:
Yeah I'll keep doing what I'm doing for now and stop trimming. I've been between SL and APL for almost 2 years trying to have even ends :perplexed

Mandy4610

Is that last pic shrinkage? Wow, your hair shrinks something serious. It's like night and day difference.
I think your hair looks just fine!

lonei

I felt the same way when I looked at some wet pics of my hair last week after a relaxer, I just had a good trim but felt kind of disappointed as the middle still appeared somewhat see through. As it airdried (by accident) it
looked slightly better then after my rollerset and wrap, it looked like it was just fine. Wet hair tends to do that, your dry hair looks perfect, let that be the judge. Pics in blog below:

http://loneisblackbritishlonghair.blogspot.com/

Geminigirl

omg pook!! Lol. Your hair looks really nice and full straightened so forget about it, I know you probably wanted that sleek wet beach look, with it hanging down, but you might need some more length and weight for that. Just do another style instead of wearing it down.

True Gemini

Belle_de_Paris

Is that last pic shrinkage? Wow, your hair shrinks something serious. It's like night and day difference.
I think your hair looks just fine!
Yeah my hair is relaxed bone straight at the end, texlax in the middle and underprocessed + new growth at the top :drunk: That's why I hate to air dry by the way... I need to find a way to fix this, I have like 4 different textures in my hair :ohwell:

Here's the thread I was talking about, I think she made another one with more pictures too.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=498690&highlight=lead+hair

Thanks, I going to take a look at it :)

you wet hair look like permed wet hair. but your straighten hair looks great.
I'm actually relaxed :lol: well kinda

I felt the same way when I looked at some wet pics of my hair last week after a relaxer, I just had a good trim but felt kind of disappointed as the middle still appeared somewhat see through. As it airdried (by accident) it
looked slightly better then after my rollerset and wrap, it looked like it was just fine. Wet hair tends to do that, your dry hair looks perfect, let that be the judge. Pics in blog below:

http://loneisblackbritishlonghair.blogspot.com/
Thank you. Your hair is beautiful !

omg pook!! Lol. Your hair looks really nice and full straightened so forget about it, I know you probably wanted that sleek wet beach look, with it hanging down, but you might need some more length and weight for that. Just do another style instead of wearing it down.

True Gemini
Exactly :lick: i hope to get it next year

newbeginnings2010

I agree. This was my mistake over the years, but I finally realized that the only people with ends that look SUUUUUPER thick when wet are people with INSANELY thick hair. I'm talking mwedzi (sp?) thick (LOVE her hair BTW. Totally jealous!:grin:).