I'm so excited...updates!

Sapphire_chic

I've been transitiong for 20+ months now and it may have taken long, I may have gotton a little too obsessed and i may need a trim lol but I finally feel like my hair is actually close to being considered long!! well by my standard :blush:

Today I flatironed my hair which I do about 4 times a year and i'm also happy to have finally mastered some sort of technique:spinning:

I just wanted to share my progress with everyone because it probably wouldn't have been possible without this board, the amazing people and constant support. :grin::grin::yep::drunk:

start pic Aug '08
aug08.jpg

today
march27thflatiron2.jpg

march27thflatiron.jpg

Looks like you're doing well, keep it up.
How much relaxed ends do you have left and what's your regimen?

Looks like you're doing well, keep it up.
How much relaxed ends do you have left and what's your regimen?

Thank you :drunk:
I wash once a week with giovanni smooth as silk shampoo. I use protein almost every week in the form of aphogee 2 minute, then i dc with tresemme breakage control and use this to detangle with my denman because it has loads of slip.
I then follow up with a quick moisture boost dc using honey, olive oil, herbs and acv and i seal with evoo or hemp seed oil.

oh and i have about 2 of relaxed ends left, it took me a long time to get a handle on breakage :s

Last edited:
Wow..Im almost 20 months in to... I've been transitioning via weave..how did u transition? How much relaxed hair do u have left? Ur hair looks great!

Thank you guys soo much, i'm really glad you think my progress is good. I've gotton so down obsessing over length in the past it has been like watching grass grow at times but I think i was just uncertain thinking that maybe i was the one person who's hair really doesn't grow:look: anyways enough with the life story lol

I transition through just stretching my hair after every wash/co/wash via twists, flat twist, 2 pig tails or a braided pony using flax seed gel to lay my flyaways. I have about 2 inches left :nono: not many survived.

Wow..Im almost 20 months in to... I've been transitioning via weave..how did u transition? How much relaxed hair do u have left? Ur hair looks great!

Back