I'm curious, what temperature do you guys normally set your flat iron to?

I'm curious, what temperature do you guys normally set your flat iron to?

• 200 degrees or less

Votes: 38 11.6%
  • 200 - 250 degrees

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • 250 - 300 degrees

Votes: 43 13.1%
  • 300 - 350 degrees

Votes: 90 27.4%
  • 350 - 400 degrees

Votes: 89 27.1%
  • 400 - 450 degrees

Votes: 43 13.1%
  • 450 degrees or higher

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters
tetbelle said:
I use mine at 425 degrees I thought everybody did :look:
I hear you!
I use mine at 230 celsius which is about 435 degress,I thought that is *normal*.
I just used it 4-5 times tough since I got it on x-mas.Maybe i should turn it down a notch?:look: :perplexed

trimbride said:
I have a Sedu and I flat iron at 165-180. This is really hot on my Sedu so I don't think these temperatures are the same, if that makes any sense.

Wait, I just looked at the website and I may be talking Celcius as opposed to Fahrenheit, so I guess my setting is about 330 Fahrenheit.

I use the same, I didn't know it was Celsius, lol.

ella said:
I hear you!
I use mine at 230 celsius which is about 435 degress,I thought that is *normal*.
I just used it 4-5 times tough since I got it on x-mas.Maybe i should turn it down a notch?:look: :perplexed

I don't know I think I need it at that temp or I have to go over it more than once. Maybe depending on how thick your hair is or the heat protector you use depends on the heat temperature.

Oh by the way great hair progress you achieved a lot of growth.

I'm not sure...I'll have to look up my model and see what the corresponding temp is for my iron.

I have a HAI and it's got settings 1-25...I use it around 20. :confused:

ETA: My model isn't listed on the company's website anymore, it's a few years old. It's a ceramic iron and works wonderfully, when I use it. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Man no wonder I got waves on day 2!

You gals talking about 400 degrees!?!?! :lol:
I was scared to go past 250.

I was wondering what I did wrong.

i have the fhi that you have and i started at 300-325ish because the ladies here had a convo about the heat setting should be around that temp BUT this weekend i went to 375ish and totally got that salon look!!!!:grin: i have natural hair and slowly inched up to that temp and it was worth it. of course i used my chi silk infusions as i was ironing it. i couldnt understand if i used everything they used down to the iron why dont i have that same look....well.....it was the heat. BEAUTIFUL

I double checked mine (its a Remington pink tourmaline digital iron) and I only go to 185 F (which is setting 135) Works well for when I have to use it.

I doubt I'd ever go higher than that.

-A

Right under 5 around 2-3 on my maxiglide. I get so scared that I am going to fry my hair any higher than 5 it gets really hot

Ya know ladies, I was able to get my hair straight using 200 degrees last time. :eek: I do think it is all in the products used before hand - they do make a difference.

The only thig I did differently, was use a different conditioner (thanks to the Use It Up challenge), Tresemme Deep Quench moisture therapy and a little but more CHI Silk Infusion this time. I had the iron on 300 degrees and I could hear sizzles :eek:

I lowered it around 200 -220 and my hair got straight.

HoneyDew said:
Ya know ladies, I was able to get my hair straight using 200 degrees last time. :eek: I do think it is all in the products used before hand - they do make a difference.

The only thig I did differently, was use a different conditioner (thanks to the Use It Up challenge), Tresemme Deep Quench moisture therapy and a little but more CHI Silk Infusion this time. I had the iron on 300 degrees and I could hear sizzles :eek:

I lowered it around 200 -220 and my hair got straight.

I agree w/this. I feel like those irons that do 400+ are the hair killers. Heat doesn't have to be evil if you know how to use it and prep your hair for it.

the lowest not sure what that is, but I have fine hair and it does not require a lot of heat.

i set my flat iron to the highest setting which is 430. I know that my be against the grain but i prefer to use a higher setting and only have to go over the strand of hair once. jmo.

I normally set my flat iron between 230-300. I have a Jilbere. I go over the root twice and length once.

My flatiron goes to 25, I set mine between 5 and 10 when I flatiron. I can probably stand to go a little higher since I'm natural and my hair gets that poofy look by day 3. :ohwell:

Leticia I bump this up for you. Sorry that it's not just sedu users. I thought it still would be useful.:look:

Back