if you could change your hair texture.....

Sometimes I wonder if the people who create these type of threads are even black women...

You said exactly what I always think when these threads pop up. Half the time the person who created the thread has no avatar or any signature picture with their face.

girl u know you like tiger's knock knee'd arse:yep::lachen:

@tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT you better stop starting rumors before I tell e'rybody about the posters you have adorning your walls.

And why didn't you tell me it was the knees we were talmbout--they might be cute or more appealing; I've never paid attention. I thought it was the whole package that we're supposed to be yearning for.

Just thinking about it brings on a feeling of
4827118636_nausea_smiley_answer_2_small.jpeg

@tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT you better stop starting rumors before I tell e'rybody about the posters you have adorning your walls.

And why didn't you tell me it was the knees we were talmbout--they might be cute or more appealing; I've never paid attention. I thought it was the whole package that we're supposed to be yearning for.

Just thinking about it brings on a feeling of
4827118636_nausea_smiley_answer_2_small.jpeg
293ad_WoodsVFCover010410.jpg

a little caveat to brighten your Sunday:lick: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i honestly feel bad for him ... why--n-d-heyeelll would they allow him to pose like that knowing his body is such

ok i should probably answer the question my self - I loooove the versatility of my fine 4a strands - this texture is beautiful and cant be beat when it comes to its versatility - but to whom much is given much is required - that really is the story of my hair - i wore it natural for about 3yrs (pre LHCF) and am now mad cuz i didnt know what i could have done with it then. even still, i wore it in twist and fell in love with them. however i am fickle at times when it comes to my hair so i relaxed. now i'm stuck unless i transition (which i'm the BC type honestly) and i like what i can do with my relaxed hair as well - even though i wish i could twist it. so i thought, what if i could just change my texture when i felt like it? without having to perm.... what would i change it to - I was thinking 3b - cuz then i could twist it, and get it straight a lot easier without having to chemically relax so my moods would all be satisfied easily.

girlcherokee I don't know about my natural sisters but my 4a hair straightens with a flat iron just fine. I'm thinking you need to get your mind right.

Last edited:
OP, oh, you must not have enough Cherokee in you, because mine's is already 3b. You know, I got the "best of both worlds." I'm sorry you didn't...

i honestly feel bad for him ... why--n-d-heyeelll would they allow him to pose like that knowing his body is such

@tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT, you wrong f'dat! Even the cover says "RAW" photos. Can you honor us with something cooked and that looks tasty enough to eat please? On second thoughts, wrong forum. Kids might be watching. I'll take a photo of Elmo singing please.

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Okay, back to topic. I might trade my spongy strands for silky ones that shine, but other than that, I'm cool with the 4a.

Last edited:
OP, you're not going to get a straight answer in here. BW are very,very sensitive on this subject. I'm guessing since 70% of all BW permanently straighten their hair with relaxer chemicals, then the majority of BW would most likely change their texture in a heartbeat if possible.
Now let me :cowgirl: outta here!

OP, you're not going to get a straight answer in here. BW are very,very sensitive on this subject. I'm guessing since 70% of all BW permanently straighten their hair with relaxer chemicals, then the majority of BW would most likely change their texture in a heartbeat if possible.

:perplexed

kash i appreciate your honesty but i'm not sure i would assume that most black women would change their texture if they could. i think some would.
I do agree that we are a sensitive bunch though. waaaay too sensitive. it shouldn't be that easy to push our buttons. maybe thats the real point of all these threads.

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Okay, back to topic. I might trade my spongy strands for silky ones that shine, but other than that, I'm cool with the 4a.
me too. i dont mind my curl pattern (except my edges:look:)but the texture of the strands drives me crazy at times

kash i appreciate your honesty but i'm not sure i would assume that most black women would change their texture if they could. i think some would.
I do agree that we are a sensitive bunch though. waaaay too sensitive. it shouldn't be that easy to push our buttons. maybe thats the real point of all these threads.

Isn't the point of relaxing the hair is to change the hair texture permanently, for whatever reason that the person is doing it? :look: Maybe I'm missing something....

Isn't the point of relaxing the hair is to change the hair texture permanently, for whatever reason that the person is doing it? :look: Maybe I'm missing something....
not all black women relax - and if you do relax, you know that it's temporary. you can cut it off and go back to your curls. so no, just because someone relaxes, it does not mean they would permanently alter the way the hair grows out of their head. I would not assume that.
deep breath ladies - this is just for fun - - it's not that serious

...But you're the one who started it. Are you admitting to wanting to press black women's buttons? No, the real point of this thread is for you to openly admit you want 3b hair and you want others to chime in and say, awww me too. I don't want to have nappy hair anymore. All these threads only mirror the insecurities of the ones who start them in the first place.

I would most definitely keep my good-given texture, dense, cottony 4a/b mix. There's nothing like it, imho it looks way better than straightened hair, and it grows out of my head, lol. I would be so upset if i woke up one day with type 1 to 3 hair (no offense to the type 1-3'ers, but i think kinky-kinky texture is the bees knees).

...But you're the one who started it. Are you admitting to wanting to press black women's buttons? No, the real point of this thread is for you to openly admit you want 3b hair and you want others to chime in and say, awww me too. I don't want to have nappy hair anymore. All these threads only mirror the insecurities of the ones who start them in the first place.
actually i did say openly that i wanted 3b hair - it's a few post back - it's ok - i dont feel guilty. and i actually expected different responses - some people said they love the hair they have(some were 4's others were 3's) - you know there are people out there that would go from straight to curly too. did you know that? poll a hair board where most of the women are white(maybe i'll do it if i get time) - you would be surprised how many of them would want 3b hair too or 4a or 4b or 2a or whatever their imagination can wish for.

I want my same hair but I want it to clump together easier. I would love to have more definition by default without having to load it down with products for that effect.

Back