If U Don't Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Gro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just went to the grocery store and bought a carton of 18 eggs. I'm going to try one or two boiled eggs a day.

I also bought some flax meal to mix in with my grits in the morning because I keep forgetting to take my flax oil and the taste of flax oil on it's own is sooo nasty to me! I also bought some Spectrum Naturals Apple cider vinegear with the Mother in it for my wash this week! I know this is sooo
offtopic.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, looks like ur prepared!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I'm prepared! I've been slacking on my pimping (in my case hair/health care), lately!
laugh.gif

5 eggs a day!!! that is crazy!!( but i think i just might try it!...or gradually work up to it!) thanks so much for the info peach tree!! you da best gurl!!!

This is very interesting....

I've been wondering why my hair hasn't been growing as fast as when I first started taking my vitamins in May. I'm even taking more now than in the beginning. The only difference (that I can think of) is that I was also doing the Atkins diet (maybe 2-3 eggs a day) in May and June but I slacked off big time in July. In June my stylist told me I had about 3/4 to 1 inches in just 3 weeks. I guess I need to start it up again.

Ms Kenesha......I mix my flax oil with my protein shake and I don't even notice the taste.

Is there any other food other than eggs to give us this complete protein and Lcysteine? I just cant do eggs like that, plus eggs are so fatty...

I was wondering the same thing...I read that nuts, tofu, and dairy have a lot of L-cysteine as well.

Tebby

I eat eggs but I can't eat a lot of them. I will just take a L-Cysteine supplement instead.

-Ebony

I really do not need to add another supplement (I am already on so many) and also I read that Cystein alone wont cut it because it needs the other aminos to build the chain..but then I read that one girl just took Cystein and it worked..I dont know what to believe, BUT I did eat a boiled egg today and it wasnt so bad...

Since I'm doing Atkins right now, I kinda have to eat eggs...normally I only like them in a recipe or something (ie Quiche, Shrimp Egg Foo Yung, etc.). However, I have been eating them boiled with a little pepper and Old Bay seasoning for breakfast or just plain (in salad), and they have been fine.

Tebby

[ QUOTE ]
5 eggs a day!!! that is crazy!!( but i think i just might try it!...or gradually work up to it!) thanks so much for the info peach tree!! you da best gurl!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem
cool.gif
ur welcome
wink.gif

If i ate eggs i would have to "work my way up to" 5 also
laugh.gif
.... that's 35 a wk... shoot, I'd probably start growing feathers after that 1st wk
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This is very interesting....

I've been wondering why my hair hasn't been growing as fast as when I first started taking my vitamins in May. I'm even taking more now than in the beginning. The only difference (that I can think of) is that I was also doing the Atkins diet (maybe 2-3 eggs a day) in May and June but I slacked off big time in July. In June my stylist told me I had about 3/4 to 1 inches in just 3 weeks. I guess I need to start it up again.

Ms Kenesha......I mix my flax oil with my protein shake and I don't even notice the taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's very interesting. It's also something to think about...especially in ur situation...
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I eat eggs but I can't eat a lot of them. I will just take a L-Cysteine supplement instead.

-Ebony

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with u on this one... the L-Cysteine is probably my only option (I'm not thrilled about nuts; tofu & dairy are totally out
barf.gif
laugh.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
I really do not need to add another supplement (I am already on so many) and also I read that Cystein alone wont cut it because it needs the other aminos to build the chain..but then I read that one girl just took Cystein and it worked..I dont know what to believe, BUT I did eat a boiled egg today and it wasnt so bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i don't really know exactly what to make of this either... of course some will see results & others won't
ohwell.gif
. I don't mind taking L-Cysteine, but other aminos along with it? Those vits would end up sitting in my cupboard along with the others
laugh.gif
. I'm just not disciplined enough to consistently commit to a vit regime....
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Since I'm doing Atkins right now, I kinda have to eat eggs...normally I only like them in a recipe or something (ie Quiche, Shrimp Egg Foo Yung, etc.). However, I have been eating them boiled with a little pepper and Old Bay seasoning for breakfast or just plain (in salad), and they have been fine.

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tebby
wave.gif

I'm not familiar with the Atkins diet.... on avg, how many eggs do u eat per day (or per wk)?

Come to think of it , eggs could be the reason i had a great growth spurt back in february. From february to March i had about an inch new growth .. this is including the fact that i watched my hair every 2 months (EW i know) ... So with a nasty scalp and 3 eggs a day i got one inch new growth.. So i am going to try this out for the whole of august and tell everyone how it goes. With a clean scalp this time

August challenge
3 eggs a day
clean scalp
good ol WGO

Hi Nekee
wave.gif

Wishing u the best with ur challenge. I can't wait to read ur end of challenge post
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any other food other than eggs to give us this complete protein and Lcysteine? I just cant do eggs like that, plus eggs are so fatty...

[/ QUOTE ]

Other foods which are high in L-cysteine besides eggs are garlic, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, brussel sprouts, milk and muscle proteins. I love garlic and onions and even broccoli sauteed in my omelets (with mushrooms and tofu also!).
love.gif

Hi Peachtree
wave.gif

I was hardly eating eggs at all until this past week...since I came back from NYC on Sunday I have been eating eggs. On average, I would say I eat about 3 eggs a day (2 for breakfast and one in my salad for dinner).

On another note, do you eat chicken? I'm asking this because I would think chicken would also have pretty good levels of L-Cysteine since they ARE mature eggs. Just a thought...

Tebby

Just to let you know, Tebby the link in your signature line does not work.

I know, I know, but I'm too lazy to fix it...that picture is not up there anymore and I replaced it with another pic that I HATE.

I'll change it this weekend.

Hiding in Shame
sekret.gif

Tebby

is it possible for all dairy products to have an effect on hair growth? because last year my hair grew really fast after a "big chop" as a result of my drinking milk everyday. well i think that's why.
ohwell.gif

okay my brief research has led me to believe that u can get the wanted amount of Lcysteine from white of the egg...yeah!!...

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible for all dairy products to have an effect on hair growth? because last year my hair grew really fast after a "big chop" as a result of my drinking milk everyday. well i think that's why.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Oh Lord the things we do to grow our hair. Okay, I'll eat a dozen eggs a week. But I am drawing the line at drinking milk. Yuck! Puey! Aargh!
barf.gif
It's the added protein in the diet that may have contributed to the growth I think.

HAHAHAH LOL @ Brooke007

There is always soy milk, but now there's the thread that says it can thin hair. You just can't win it seems like.

So whose been eating their eggs lately? I have!!!, 4-real

I'm eating all my eggs and they are good!

Tebby - Although chickens come from the eggs, they have a different composition. I've learned that eggs contain everything needed for life and is truly a complete food. Chickens are not.

I eat eggs alot and I am sorry to say that my hair is NOT grazing my butt.
Maybe eating so many has made me immune ...
Innocent.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm eating all my eggs and they are good!

Tebby - Although chickens come from the eggs, they have a different composition. I've learned that eggs contain everything needed for life and is truly a complete food. Chickens are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, Isis...I don't mind eating these eggs...the way I see it they're cheap, quick to make and you can make them taste really good. Even if I don't get a lot of hair growth I'm starting to like eggs.

Tebby

i know i'm late on the scene but i've been off the board for bout a month. i think the eggs thing is true because when i was getting 2 boiled eggs from the caf every morning, i was getting growth. i have fallen off of that (and everything else) and my growth has slowed. so, i'm in on the august egg challenge! at least 2 per day!

hey peachtree! missed me, hair buddy? LOL at peachtree for
barf.gif
over the eggs! and how in the world do you eat cereal with orange juice?!

I use Better 'N Egg at my home, which is a healthier substitute for eggs, without the fat and cholesterol. It's 98% real egg whites fortified with vitamins and minerals. Does anyone know if this will benefit the hair?

Okay,

Everytime I see this thread--it makes me want to eat some boiled eggs which I guess I am one of the few people that actually loves them
smile.gif

Back