I took my weave off yesterday

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I have a lot of new growth! I washed and cornrowed my hair (flat french cornrows) and I'm gonna wig it out for at least 2 weeks. When I combed out my hair with conditoner in it, I could feel it grazing the top of my shoulders.....I'm so excited!

I will post pics on the weekend when I do my DC.

Outstanding. Do you have any tips for combing through the new growth or purchasing a wig that will look natural and stay on the puff of new growth?

Congrats on the new growth! :clap: I need to take out my weave, (I've had it in since early July):perplexed. I'm praying I have alot new growth under here. After a minor setback, beautician chopping off my hair w/o my permission, it's going to take more time to get to my goal length. But again congrats and every inch counts.

Outstanding. Do you have any tips for combing through the new growth or purchasing a wig that will look natural and stay on the puff of new growth?
my new growth is always soft so I don't have to do anything extraordinary to comb through it. A regular conditioner like cheapie suave does the job for me. Also I took somebody's tips here for applying my dc like I do a relaxer and that was awesome!!! My hair was so soft.

As fo puffiness... that's the reason i do the cornrows to go under the wig. It stays flat and still enables me to use my oils and BT on my scalp... I'll post a pic of what the cornrows look like..
Can't wait to see those pics. I remember your last comparison shots. :yep:
girl I can't wait either!!

this is what's under the wig

Attachments

• PIC-0301.jpg
    PIC-0301.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 15
  • PIC-0300.jpg
    PIC-0300.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 12
  • PIC-0302.jpg
    PIC-0302.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 19
this is what's under the wig

Nice cornrow job. I can't wait to see what's under my weave (been in since Aug. 11). I like to do the same thing as you with the management of new growth but I gotta go shop for a new wig soon. I have a really devil of a time braiding my hair though because I have severe carpal tunnel in both hands.

thanks you guys.... I plan on posting progress pics on Sunday. I'm amazed that my hair has retain thickness even through the relaxer. I need to maintain that.

Oh and I used the suave coconut poo and condish yesterday.... it smells sooooo good and my hair was very soft too.

Back