I straightened my hair for the 1st time!!

danigurl18

Well some of you know that I was having trouble with straightening my own hair. So I tried it again today. I saw ZZirvingj's update today so I decided to try her method sorta. This is what I did.
1. Clarify with Suave Clarifying Shampoo
2. Wash with Aveda Dry Remedy Poo
3. Rinse and DC with Aveda Dry Remedy Conditioning Mask
4. Let it sit for 20 minutes
5. Comb with shower comb and put in twists
6. Rinsed in twists
7. Used a nickel size portion of Sabino Moisture Block on each twist with jojoba oil on the ends
8. Blow dry each section with the comb blow dryer
9. Flat iron each section.
10. Put some jojoba oil in my hair and let it sit for 5 minutes.
11. Flat ironed again and I was done!!

I think it came out pretty good IMO :grin::grin:...it's super full and not stuck to my head or weighed down.. I also noticed that it looks shorter but I stretched it and the length is still there!! Let me know what you think!!

Attachments

• 1239161220857.jpg
    1239161220857.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 235
  • 1239161235042.jpg
    1239161235042.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 237
Girl, you did a great job to say it was your first time!! You used a great technique also. I have the SMB and was wondering how to use it.

You are inspiring me to straighten my hair. I know I need a trim and a length check. I can go around to the super cuts and get my ends trimmed for cheap if I get it reasonably straight. I wouldn't mind it reverting either if I did it as I would if I paid someone to straighten my hair.

Your hair is a pretty color also! Is that your natural color? Loves it!

Everyone can flat iron their hair but me. It's not fair!:cry3::violin:
DG, your hair looks good! I wish I could do mine.:sad::rolleyes:

Girl this is my first time and I couldn't even blow dry I really just had the feeling to try it and it worked.. if i can do you, you can! I can't even wrap my hair!

You could do some pretty pin curls, or do some satin rollers for a curly all around look.

I'm in that strange in-between length too right now, that's why I'm not in a huge hurry to straighten, I only know how to style at least 7 - 10 inches of hair :lol:

Back