I REALLY NEED ADVISE BADLY-- PLEASE HELP!!!

deborah11

Guys I really need your help. I made an appointment for next friday, the 10th to get a corrective texturizer. I got my first texturizer 2 months ago and the results are unevenly processed. i think I need to get the corrective done because I don't want to loose the gains that I have made and I really need my hair to be more of one texture . The beautician that did the texturizer was recommended to me by a friend and he was extremely professional, did my hair in sections, rinsed well, no breakage. Only problem is some places the texturizer didn' t take well.

NOW FOR THE PROBLEM: When I called to make the appointment and explained to the beautician what I wanted (hair straighter but not bone straight) he indicated that we could do this. He also told me that my hair was frizzing up because I needed a hair CUT and that I need to get touch ups every 6-8 weeks. I know my ends could stand to be cut about an inch, I don't think its THAT bad. I made it very clear to him that I would not be getting touch ups that often and I only planned on getting them every 4 months and that I wasn't getting my hair cut. He seemed to get an attitude and stated "its your hair,whatever". I am now really nervous about going to him now. Should I just try and find smewhere else to go. Some part of me thinks that maybe I should try and do my own relaxers. I am so confused that I don't know what t do. It seems like I make 2 steps forward and 3 backwards. i am ready to just give up. I am so afraid of hair stylists but I am also afraid to do relaxer myself. Anthing that you can offer to assist me in making a decision is so appreciated. i really need help. This whole situation is very depressing and stressful.

I never recommend going to a stylist who gets an attitude with you about your hair. His "whatever" comment would have me a bit leery that he might decide to do what he wants instead of what you want. I'd hate to have you go to him and see him turn your texturizer into a relaxer or for him to start cutting your hair before you can even tell him no.

I would wait on getting a corrective until I found someone trusworthy to do it. Otherwise, the next day, you might find yourself running around town looking for some Emergencee to correct his foolishness.

Don't let him do your hair....there are lots of ladies on here that do their own relaxers that could offer you advice. I'm not relaxed but I have done them on my own in the past and if I ever relaxed again I would do it myself or get someone I could trust to help me. Here are a couple threads that has to do with self relaxing:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=536243&Forum=All_Forums&Words="self%20relaxers"&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=534917&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post536243

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=456050&Forum=

HTH
smile.gif

deborah, I would really find someone else to do it, or not even do it at all. First of all, if I needed a cut to get rid of my frizzies, I would have to shave my head...lol. When its straight as in when its been professionally flat ironed, it stays straight. But otherwise it frizzes on a daily basis. My stylist told me it was best on our fragile hair to just grow it out gradually over time(the underprocessed parts) because it can do more harm than good to do a corrective, since u are bound to overlap onto previosly relaxed hair that isnt underprocessed. I have secions of my hair that are like this ------~~~~~~----
but when its straightened u cant tell and even when its airdried it blends in once dry...but my hair frizzes all over, not on just those parts.

Your hair is much too pretty to have it ruined so if I were u I would either find someone u know u can trust or skip it and have it GRADUALLY trimmed out over time. If its any consolation, my old stylist attempted a corrective which still did not correct my hair and then I fought breakage and excessive shedding after that. My new stylist says its best to leave it alone and grow it out.

good luck whatever u do with that gorgeous head of hair!
smile.gif

I would find someone else, he obviously doesn't feel you know what is best for your hair..find someone who does.

Back