I Need Advice!! Please Help!!!

LongiLox

Okay, I relaxed my hair almost two weeks ago with Mizani Sensitive Scalp. My hair turned out fine; it was nice and soft and everything. And it wasn't overprocessed. In fact, it was underprocessed in some parts; which I didn't mind. A week after my relaxer I did a heavy protein treatment with Aphogee. I started by washing my hair with Kera Detangling Shampoo and then doing the Aphogee treatment and then followed by a deep conditioning under the dryer for 35 minutes with Kera Humecto. After my hair was dried I noticed it was much harder, it wasn't as silky and soft as it was after my relaxer. Now, for the past two days my hair has been breaking. It doesn't look like normal breakage because it's short pieces of hair about one inch long. I am freaking out right now because I just barely reached APL and I'm so afraid that I'm going to lose all my new length.

What can I do to stop the breakage? Could it be the aphogee treatment that's causing the breakage? Please advise!

Its the protein. You shouldn't do heavy protein treatments until 2-3 weeks after a relaxer and only if you need too. Since you were underprocessed in parts, you probably didn't need strong protein, you just needed moisture. Also humecto isn't always the best choice to follow up a protein treatment with. Try just uses a moisturizing conditioner only for the next couple of washes to get your balance back. :sneakyhug:

I agree with gymfreak. Protein treatments should be done only as needed. Now, your hair needs lots of moisturizing DCing to get your protein-moisure balance back.

Its the protein. You shouldn't do heavy protein treatments until 2-3 weeks after a relaxer and only if you need too. Since you were underprocessed in parts, you probably didn't need strong protein, you just needed moisture. Also humecto isn't always the best choice to follow up a protein treatment with. Try just uses a moisturizing conditioner only for the next couple of washes to get your balance back. :sneakyhug:

Thanks. I thought Humecto was a moisturizing conditioner? I only have humecto and humectress. Are there any other good ones you can recommend?

Thanks. I thought Humecto was a moisturizing conditioner? I only have humecto and humectress. Are there any other good ones you can recommend?

Motions Moisture Plus is my favorite moisturizing conditioner. You might try it with heat (i.e. hooded dryer) for 15-30 minutes. It may take a few "treatments," but this should get your hair back in balance.
icon7.gif

Humecto is a moisturizing conditioner but IMO it doesn't do it as efficently as some others. If you have been having success with it then keep using it. Like Prospurr said, it will take more than one treatment to get you balance back.

Thanks ladies, for all your help.

One last question: if I co-wash everyday with a moisturizing conditioner for at least a week, will that be enough to restore the balance or will I be asking for a moisture overload?

Okay, I relaxed my hair almost two weeks ago with Mizani Sensitive Scalp. My hair turned out fine; it was nice and soft and everything. And it wasn't overprocessed. In fact, it was underprocessed in some parts; which I didn't mind. A week after my relaxer I did a heavy protein treatment with Aphogee. I started by washing my hair with Kera Detangling Shampoo and then doing the Aphogee treatment and then followed by a deep conditioning under the dryer for 35 minutes with Kera Humecto. After my hair was dried I noticed it was much harder, it wasn't as silky and soft as it was after my relaxer. Now, for the past two days my hair has been breaking. It doesn't look like normal breakage because it's short pieces of hair about one inch long. I am freaking out right now because I just barely reached APL and I'm so afraid that I'm going to lose all my new length.

What can I do to stop the breakage? Could it be the aphogee treatment that's causing the breakage? Please advise!
:wallbash::wallbash: The dreaded "protein hair cut" I've done a couple of these in my day. NTM Mask with olive oil, baggie your head for at least 3 hours..... I don't even think I would use heat (others please chime in) You have to saturate your hair with moisture. It's the only solution. I'm so sorry this happened to you I would never ever never ever never use that Aphogee treatment mess again, it has given me an unwanted hair cut on 2 occasions.

Back