I GIVE UP!! 4b's with healthy relaxed hair who don't Stretch what is your regimen?

I relax every 8 weeks. I was never too crazy about stretching and havent felt the pressure to do so. I just keep up with deep conditioning and using reconstructors and other treatments as necessary.

I relax every 8 to 9 weeks. Sometimes I stretch it out to 12 weeks. I think it's fine if you either wear protective styles or go to a salon to have it down when the growth gets too stick. I haven't updated my pics, but right now my hair is a little past bra strap length and I just got a trim.

My regimen:

-Pre shampoo treatment with Phytotherie Phyto Phytonectar Pre-Shampoo Ultra Nourishing Oil Treatment - Ultra Dry Hair
-Elucence moisture balance shampoo & conditioner
-Salerm 21 as leave in
-Roller set, sit under dryer for an hour.
-Every 2 or 3 days I'll apply Tigi's ego boost to my ends (it coats the hair in a sealent that helps prevent split ends, really it's a leave in but I use it as protein moisturizer/sealent).
- Once a month I do a protein treatment and a few times a month I'll pre-treat with a conditioner.
-Once or twice a week I'll wear my hair up and my ends protected.

I go to a Dominican salon every week, but this is my regimen regardless.

Last edited:
I totally agree with this.

Sometimes I stretch for longer periods of time than others and it just depends on how my hair decides it wants to grow.

Though I'd like to be able to use a set week, I just know that when I can't get a comb through it, its time to relax:lol:

-A

LadyR said:
I think that the problem some people have with stretching is that we look at the week instead of the ng that we have. Someone may be able to strech for 20 weeks for only have an inch of ng while someone else may have a inch and an half at 12 weeks so that can't strengh as long.

Me myself have stretched up to 20 weeks with CO washes, buns and falls however, my hair grows slow so my 20 weeks may be someone's elses 12 weeks with faster growing hair.

I have just came off my first 14 week stretch and plan to wait another 14 weeks before i relax again i had some breakage but that was going on a lil after my relaxer so i pointed it to me not using a protein treatment after relaxing
i used atone for the shedding and when i relaxed the other day emergcee

things i learned last stretch was evoo on my hair length before co washing with dove intense really soften things up and sylvar2's scarf method really really helped (i use evoo on deep con days anyway but i learned that to co wash with dove really works good when i let it sit on my hair with the evoo for at least a hour before co washing in the shower kind of like deep coning

i messed up my last stretch with to much protein though out my whole stretch this go round I'm trying my best to hold off on protein until i get at least double digits post than do protein treatments so hope fully when i pre poo with cpr next deep con day it controls the breakage

I think that stretching may be difficult, but found that for me it is more of a mental thing. I'm so use to relaxing that I just ready to do it and then it just becomes a countdown. Like it's a celebration or holiday. I just have to mentally not think about relaxing.

Eat well and try to avoid stress. Both have a big effect on our hair. That, and drinking a lot of water.

Protective styling helps also. Keeping your ends covered as much as possible is a good bet. I sleep with a satin head cover, but I baggy my ends first with some olive oil moisturizer (from ORS) and my ends are fabulous in the morning. Just try to protect the ends as much as possible.

Back