I did some Crochet Braids!!

Marand13

Hey ladies! So I did this last night and thought I would share it here with all of you. I love this hairstyle!
This will be my protective style for the next few months.

I have a ton more pictures posted on my blog and also did a quick rambling tutorial on my youtube. :grin::drunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdMBh0Pq9c

amwcah

It came out cute. Now I know with crochet braids are. This is a great alternative to my curly sew-in I use to get.

Fhrizzball

I wished I could cornrow or I would be living in this style. No matter how often I try it comes out awful. Do you get slippage using hair that smooth?

Marand13

Berry berry nice!

Thank you!!

Great job! They look good! Are you a professional stylist?

I'm not licensed but I have been doing hair for a very very long time. Probably longer than a lot of profesionals out there.:look: I was going to go for my license but haven't had the time as of yet. Maybe in the near future.

I think the term "professional stylist" is subjective. Just because someone is deemed to be "professional" does not mean they are very good. Which is why I don't do salons. :yep:

SimJam

wow ok I admit I dont know much abt extensions and such so I was a bit confused when I saw the pic, thought u had inserted the wrong pic :giggle:

that is just beautiful, looks like a curlformers set.

why are they called crochet braids? .... maybe I shud go watch that video lol

Marand13

wow ok I admit I dont know much abt extensions and such so I was a bit confused when I saw the pic, thought u had inserted the wrong pic :giggle:

that is just beautiful, looks like a curlformers set.

why are they called crochet braids? .... maybe I shud go watch that video lol

"Crochet braids" because a crochet/latch hook needle is used to "crochet" pieces of hair into the braids. :drunk:

The video will help as its better to see whats happening. :lol:

I used to use hair that was pre-braided to do them back in the day.

finickyone

This is gorgeous!

I have been wearing crochet braids using the Janet marley hair. It looks like a blow out & even fools my husband. I love this protective style.

jprayze

Marand13 said:
"Crochet braids" because a crochet/latch hook needle is used to "crochet" pieces of hair into the braids. :drunk:

The video will help as its better to see whats happening. :lol:

I used to use hair that was pre-braided to do them back in the day.

I remember the prebraided hair so well....That dates me...I was in high school. This hair gives new life to this style.

Marand13

This is gorgeous!

I have been wearing crochet braids using the Janet marley hair. It looks like a blow out & even fools my husband. I love this protective style.

Marley hair and regular bulk hair look so natural. I want to try the bulk next time I do it. :yep:

I remember the prebraided hair so well....That dates me...I was in high school. This hair gives new life to this style.

It really does! I love the fact that the look can vary so much depending on the type of hair used.

Nice!! I've found my next style thx.

:weird:

ronie

Love the hair, and the style fits your pretty face so well. Now i see that you are in NY. Do you do other people's hair? Would love for you to do my hair

fiyahwerks

Marand13, I just subscribed to your channel. I been on the fence about crochet braids and kinky twist. You gave me a nice project to do this upcoming weekend. Beautiful work!

Fhrizzball

Marand13

How many cornrolls did you end up doing?

I think i will practice cornrolling on my hair and once it's gets to a semi decent level, attempt this style and hope I don't look a mess.

I recall I had went to a salon a year or so back to get loose hair crochet braids but they would only do the prebraided hair on me saying the hair I picked wouldn't work. Looked a time machine mess and only kept it in for a week or two.

Marand13

Marand13, I just subscribed to your channel. I been on the fence about crochet braids and kinky twist. You gave me a nice project to do this upcoming weekend. Beautiful work!

Thank you! Glad I gave you that nudge towards a fab hairstyle :drunk: lol

Marand13

Marand13

How many cornrolls did you end up doing?

I think i will practice cornrolling on my hair and once it's gets to a semi decent level, attempt this style and hope I don't look a mess.

I recall I had went to a salon a year or so back to get loose hair crochet braids but they would only do the prebraided hair on me saying the hair I picked wouldn't work. Looked a time machine mess and only kept it in for a week or two.

I actually have no clue.. But I do have pics of the braids on my blog.

http://www.beautyandthebabies.com/2012/10/crochet-braids-pic-heavy.html

Thats funny, because I have seen people doing them with bulk hair for at least a couple of years now. The pre-braided hair went out in the 90s :lol:

LightEyedMami

Beautiful!!....I love crochet braids...because im lazy i usually do 75% sew-in and 25% Crochet Braids.....its cute and im done in 2 1/2 hours :lol: