I did it...Japanese straight perm!

oldcrayons

Cool. I've had a Japanese Straightening Perm done last year in the Korean shop. The hair stylist also spoke no English, but he did an excellent job :) It was $200 though :S

VinDieselsWifey

when i lived in Japan i asked about this but was told it's not for kinky hair. I knew 2 mixed people who had it done, one was german/black, one was korean/black. the german/black lady still had wavy hair afterward, like a 3a type curl. the korean/black lady's hair was pretty straight, but not stick straight.

i did some research on it but was too scared to try it.

oldcrayons

when i lived in Japan i asked about this but was told it's not for kinky hair. I knew 2 mixed people who had it done, one was german/black, one was korean/black. the german/black lady still had wavy hair afterward, like a 3a type curl. the korean/black lady's hair was pretty straight, but not stick straight.

i did some research on it but was too scared to try it.

I agree with this. I have type 3 hair and my hair looked like a 2 affordwards

yokoyokogirl

Thanks...even now my hair is pretty straight. If I wash, cond and go, it will dry kinda wavy but barely.
I'm seriously in love with my hair now.
For dryness I have been adding some Tsubaki oil (cameilla) to the ends daily. Smells good too.
I plan to buy the Redken and Ojon (Mystery-thanks!) if I can afford em when I get to the States.
Oh and I got some Chi Silk Infusion from a friend...gonna try that out as well.
But so far, so good.

Pinay thanks for the cold water idea. Oh that is gonna hurt but I'm gonna try it tomorrow! BTW are you half Fillipino by any chance?