I Can't Help My Sister Anymore! I Am Done Talking!! (RANT) LONG!!!

SignatureBeauty

I know that there are some people we just can't help no matter what we do. Now my sister who is 21yrs. old has a serious problem with her hair/scalp and it is all due to her neglect, Even though alot of us were not taught how to properly care for our hair because our mother was not taught that either so I hold no one responsible.

Anyway to my sister, She is Bald headed in patches and has dried up scabs in her head and will not stop it. She is about 7 months pregnant and her hair has not grown in over 4 years and I kid you not, I think that she has stunted her hair growth. She always tells me that my hair is growing and what do I put on it, Honestly my hair grows pretty fast. But I take care of my hair. Okay this all happpend in the same week, She Relaxed her hair with a Motions Lye Relaxer 2x and then she used a Permanent Color 2x and then she Relaxes her hair every 2 weeks but she is damn near bald and I see why.

I have tried to give her advice on what to do, I even bought her a hooded dryer to do deep condition treatments and to dry her hair with, I have bought her all the products that she needs to maintain a healthy scalp & hair and even offered to do her hair for her. She will not comb or wash her hair for at least 2 months I kid you not,sometimes I just want to jeck her damn head off. All she will do is put a nasty scarve over her head and go and you know that her hair stinks:eek:

Now she has a daughter who is 2yrs. old and she swears she is gonna keep her natural I will keep my fingers crossed just because of the way her hair looks(My sister)
She has that attitude that you do you and I will do me. but she looks a Hot Mess and I tell her that and she laughs and say "Whatever". Now she wants to go get micro braids but you can't even pinch her hair. I just pray for her because she is so hard headed,I even cut my hair Bald last may to go natural and now I still have more hair than she does, she keeps asking where did I get that wig from:confused: I am like this is my hair that has grown due to taking care of it.

But I am through trying to give people advice on what to do to their hair, I mean they ask me and then when I tell them they say " Oh no I don't have time to do all that"
I will just put me a pony tail on".

When someone comes to me with a pen & paper that wants to know then I will tell them. I even had some people in Sally's ask me about my hair not because of length because it is not long, It is just so Healthy & Full and bouncy for the length that it is. I am sorry this is so Long But I just had to tell somebody. Because my Mama ain't no help either she like to stay Bald headed too:confused:

This was her Routine when I last spoke to her, What I mean is She Relaxes her hair every 2 weeks and when she shampoos that out that is it, No regular Shampooing or conditoning, no leave ins, no treatments or anything like we do. She neautralizes, not shampoo.

CantBeCopied said:
SHE RELAXED HER HAIR TWICE IN ONE WEEK!!!????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes and Colored it! I don't know what else to do, I have tried everything I bought everything and she just does her own thing. But she will listen to the Iranian or Chinamen in the beauty supply place about what products to get:perplexed ! I mean they can't tell me ishh about my hair, One day they tried to sale some ol shea butter to the women who didn't know what real shea butter was about and I had to check them, I honeslty don't know what it was but I know what it wasn't and I told them this is not Real Shea Butter and they was like " You Not Know What You Talk About This Shea Butter" I was like whatever. It had all kinds of other ingredients in it and shea butter was at last!

This breaks my heart. It reminds me of my mother and her brillo pad hair. She said she perms from root to tip every 3 months be cause she doesn't want her perm to fade...

I am so through with talking to her. I will just let her continue to see how beautiful my hair becomes, and hopeful she will just let me take over and do it myself...

Sorry:(

uncutandgettinglonger said:
Why does she abuse her hair this way???. I don't understand.
Good question. There's more to this than just abusing her hair. It's like she's abusing herself.

MissBiss said:
Good question. There's more to this than just abusing her hair. It's like she's abusing herself.

I don't know why! Her Husband doesn't seem to mind and she keeps his hair Braided he has better hair than her, She just don't care I mean she has a Real Bad attitude, I mean I am like 10 years older than her and I use to always do her hair when she was younger. But I know that this can cause some kind of health concern.

Plus she is pregnant and those fumes from the hair color is potent, I told her to get a Semi Permanent but she wants to go Blonde and the color does not even speak to her skin color nor wave at it. But you can't tell her that she don't look good, She has alot of confidence. But why she does her hair like that. I will never know. I guess because she can go buy a pack of hair and cover it up.:ohwell:

Back