I cant believe it im wearing a half wig. Thanks to you all

Kerryann

This past weekend i bought a half wig and some black rinse( for the front of my hair of course). I never thought in life i would wear one until i got to this forum. I would like to say thank you guys for contributing to the health of my hair.

But yes back to the wig. Man i love this thing i twirl this sucker more than i do my own hair lol i cant wait to reach Mid back the end of 2010. Im so in love that now im in the wig section of the beauty supply store everyday checking them out. You guys manage not only to make me a product junkie but now im a wig junkie.

In all this i am glad you guys suggest wearing wigs for protective styling. Is anyone else addicted to wigs?

I learned about half-wigs from LHCF as well. Theyre the best! As soon as I take out this horrible sew-in, I'm going back to my half-wigs.

Girl, I know how you feel ... I just ordered 4 half wigs today! What type of rinse are you using?

Half wigs are great for me! I saw about two inches of growth in about 7 weeks before my last relaxer. I normally apply growth oil, cover my hair, and put the piece on. Very simple routine for my hectic schedule.

lol I just bought my first half-wig yesterday! It's actually my first wig period, but I've worn weaves before and had my hair grow like a weed under them. Congrats on your purchase and can you please post pics and/or your blending techniques?:grin:

I'm interested in this, I've never worn a wig or a weave before. So do you just leave some hair out in the front and/or back to cover the wig?

What do you do to the hair that is left out?

I'd never heard of half wigs until I joined the board either. I've yet to wear one, but I could see myself getting one in the future, especially if I wanted to switch things up quickly.

:needpics:

Come on show us the Precious!!!!!!

:yep::yep:

Seriously, half wigs are great. I will even use a whole wig and use it as a half wig. Have been doing that for years. But I am on a self imposed hiatus right now, but love to look at what others have purchased so come on.

Show me, show me, show me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pitti Pat I used Kiss jet black rinse evrything else lands me in the hospital after i tried bigen years ago.

Queen i need those inches im planning on growing a lot of hair from now until next year around this time.

I cant post pics from work.

I leave a little bit of hair out in the front and sides which i flatironed/bump then i put the flexirods on last night. when i woke up this morning i clip the wig in, took out the rods, used a brush and blend the hair in, oh yeah i combed everything back after that i used a scarf and tie the fron down some too much new growth after it flattened down enough i was out the door

Oh yeah its my first time with the wig thing and i saw another one that im going to purchase. The one im wearing is human hair it cost me $50 but you cant wash it and do whatever so its worth the money

I too am obsessed with half-wigs. That is the best hair creation since the home relaxer! lol. I started with one...but now I'm creepin' up to ten and I plan on getting more. What i really like about them is that I'm able to achieve my favorite weave looks without compromising my edges. Also, I have the liberty of deep conditining or giving my hair as much TLC as I want without the hassle of working my way through cornrows, glue or threads.

The only issue I have is wig storage. I live in a small apartment with little space to have wigs sitting on a manequin head. Have any of you found creative ways to store your wigs other then back in the package it came in?

I LOVE half wigs. It's great to be able to workout, sweat out your hair, look a hot mess and then throw a wig on and look fabulous in just minutes!

And as SOON as the finances get right... I will be re-establishing my supply!:grin:

I absolutely love them. I have one on right now as a matter of fact:) They are my staple to get through this transition.

Half wig Diva checking in, I love them. IA you can workout and still look fab on a day to day basis. I do have pictures in my fotki, also in my signature.

I still cant post the pic. I hooked it up today its so curly from the heat rollers i got by conair

I love half wigs too! As soon as the summer is over I'll be going back to them. I just can't take them in the hot weather.

But those are the best things ever because I was always self-conscious about fake looking hair and they always blend in so nicely if you take the time to make it work!!

I love them b/c they can be so natural looking, i just dont like that they get so messy and knotty after one use (thats just me - i've ALWAYS had this problem with wigs and weaves - whether human hair or not). My real hair has NEVER been as knotty as my half wigs can get. they still look good though, just cant let anyone try to run their fingers through it :lachen:

1. first pic is my curly long half wig
2. second pic is my straight long, light brown one
3. third pic is my newest and current fav - long wavy half wig

Attachments

• curly iz bday.jpg
    curly iz bday.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 83
  • long colored aspen.jpg
    long colored aspen.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 81
  • wavy half wig.jpg
    wavy half wig.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 79
I'm wearing one today after ripping out my weave last night. I love how easy it is to throw one on and keep going. :grin: Though I haven't mastered the art of blending yet, I usually throw on a scarf or hadband with them.

Very nice, Crazy! All of yours look so real and believable.

I'm wearing mine today for the first time and I'm nicknaming it my "Curly Nikki" wig bc it reminds me of her fab hair. Since I'm not used to big hair, I just have to learn to rock it as well as she rocks her natural mane! Although, now that I'm looking at the pics, it actually doesn't look so big. I'm a complete noob to half-wigs and I think it blended quite well IMHO. That being said, I'm always open to blending tips. I was a bit scared today bc the wind really kicked up and my wig doesn't have combs. I was like "Please, don't let this thing blow off!":pray:

Still waiting for your pics KerryAnn...:look:

Attachments

• IMAG0412.jpg
    IMAG0412.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0415.jpg
    IMAG0415.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0417.jpg
    IMAG0417.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
I am getting myself a half waig to rock when I take out my kinky twists. I have a really small, pea head, so I look strange in a full wigs...hopefully a half will fit my face better

I love half wigs too! As soon as the summer is over I'll be going back to them. I just can't take them in the hot weather.

But those are the best things ever because I was always self-conscious about fake looking hair and they always blend in so nicely if you take the time to make it work!!

I just started my first half wig for a year and a half and I'm SO self conscious about it. I'll be honest I dont like fake hair. I'm only wearing the wigs because my hair broke off really badly. But I'll be rocking them for a year (while my hair grows back) especially when the winter comes because they are a good protective style. They are cheaper than weaves and going to the salon and you can take care of your hair underneath.

Very cute Rosa-. I think you did a great job blending. For blending check out youtube. There are a couple of ladies that are so creative with wigs, blending , etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-d92vWnKsY&feature=related

^^April is INCREDIBLE. Also search for Ateyaa, and that should give you a great head start.

I was just about to post a link to April's video. I like the wig she has on in this video. She blended it really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMaDR_oOulI&feature=channel_page

I think I'll buy it but I have a full face. I'm not sure it will look right.

Back