I added natural pictures of my hair

i envy you and my mother. she has the same type of hair you do. my hair does the natural curl thing when wet and dry only not as purdy as yours /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh Valley! Let me lay my woes down! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have tried them all and I ALWAYS get the helmet head (as my boyfriend calls it). So I gave up on gels a long time ago. I can put it around my hairline, but I have to mix it with vaseline.

I would LOVE to try what you have. I will wear my hair out and let you take a look at it once it DRIES... whole new story! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks!

-lee

Thank you Emmy! I always thought my hair to be more wavey than curly. The longer it gets, the curlier it becomes, though.

Do you know what products your mom uses? I am still searching for the right combination.

Thanks again!

-lee

Lee your hair is so gorgeous! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif Why haven't you posted those pictures sooner? I love your curls girlie!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Lee, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I love the way your natural hair looks. It's beautiful. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beautiful hair! It's so healthy! You Gro'Girl! /images/graemlins/drunk.gifIs that CJ's head in the 2nd picture?
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TsAngel

Sebastian Laminates Curl

Lejure your hair so nice. A really good product for curly hair is Sebastion's Laminates Curl. It's a curl perfecting polish. It gives your curls bounce and shine. I have it, and I feel its the only product that works when you want to wear your hair curly. It makes your curls so bouncy. This is what the tube says:

Laminates curl lush concentrated moisture supports individual, cascading curls and eliminates frizz. This innovative formula hydrates to singularize permed or natural curls and waves with perfectly weightless shine.

Girl...I am in love with 'your hair'! I can't wait till I get your length(cause the shrinkage is killing me). Your hair is absolutely beautiful! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

Leejure

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!
It is yet one more inspiration for this woman in transition. Way to go! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Your hair looks nice. Just a question how much does it shrink when it dries? When my hair is wet the curls are loose, but when my hair dries, the curls shrink into little spiral curls.

That's why I can't wait until my hair is longer, it won't dry in a shaggish wedge style. When it's all shoulderlength curly, I'll be happy!

OK Leejure here is my winning combo:

1-Pantene Smooth and Sleek as a leave in
2-Curl Activator
3-Vital Care Gel (pink one you can find it at Savon Drugs)

I apply them in this order to soaking wet hair and the final result is shiny non-crunchy hair.

I have been using this combo for years..ever since I first went natural. This summer I did the CG routine which says to only use 2 products. So I was using Pantene and VO5 gels.
My curls looked great but I think gel w/out the curl activator started drying my hair out so I just recently switched back to my old combo of the 3 products listed above.

My hair is a bit coarser than yours so maybe you wont have to use as much as I do but try it and see what you think...and then let me know how it turns out.
The Pantene is heavy so it weighs my hair down. Maybe that would help your hair from getting 'big'.

Have you ever tried moouse on your hair instead of a gel?
They dont work for me..my hair ends up looking HUGE when I use moouse.

I will still bring some stuff for you to try but until then try this and see....
Valleygirl

PS I can't believe you had a Zahne style hair cut!!! Wow! I wish I had the guts to do that!!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Faith said:
WOWEE! Lee your hair looks great curly. It looks like weaves I have had before..not saying yours looks like a weave.... but that I have tried to fake it to look like yours looks...lol /images/graemlins/tongue.gif! I can see why you hardly straighten it. If I had hair like that I would hardly straighten it myself. It looks very thick curly. I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

[/ QUOTE ]

girl i tried to fake the funk too /images/graemlins/grin.gif Lee your hair is fabulous !! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very gorgeous hair, Leejure /images/graemlins/smile.gif You are definitely an inspiration /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I saw your pics over at another haircare board. I love it. I absolutely love it. Very, very nice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey leejure,

your hair looks a lot like mine. But when mine was natural and wet it had a little less curl/wave pattern.
How do you get it straight? Do you do it yourself or do you have to go to a salon so they press it? I have been thinking about going natural too (for a while now) but I love the straight look so much. Can you share how you do it?
Thanks, Nay.

Lee,

Your hair gorgeous!!! Black women have such a wonderful variety of hair textures, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want yours...LOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That is so cool that you had a Zhane cut I don't think I could do that. Sometimes I think about going natural, but like you said all hair relaxed or natural has it's challenges and I'd rather keep growing my hair than start all over and learn all new techniques. But I always listen to the naturals' advice just in case I change my mind &amp; for when I eventually have my own bambinos. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Girl yes! I loved my Zhane style! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will try the combo this weekend and let you see the turnout on Saturday! Speaking of...gotta send out the emails! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-lee

MADISON and TITANSGIRL... Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!
/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

-lee

LONDONDIVA...&lt;&lt;sucking thumb&gt;&gt;

Girl NO! no thumb, no bottle, no pacifyer...he is an alll breast man! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thank you Tammi! I belong to so many, hard to keep count! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Okay, only three, but I love to talk about hair!

Thanks again girly!

-lee

I remember your pictures! I LOVE your ponytails! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You're curly pictures are how my curly pictures usta look when I usta get my hair permed. They were much looser and I actually like them that way.

Yes, I go to the salon and get my hair blowdried and
pressed. I only wear it straight every 2 to 3 months (or special occasions) I have tried to press it myself and it was a disaster!

You will have no problem achieving the straight look if you do decide to go natural. I believe your curls would take on a tighter form if they were not 'relaxed'. Good example... My Best Friend has the most beautiful curls. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
She usta get a mild perm twice a year to loosen her curls. Without the perm her curls were really tight (nice I thought). I will post a pixture of her curls without the perm in my picturetrail for you to check out and try to find one when she usta get perms (a big difference)

-lee

Nay007, Your hair is gorgeous. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I just had to let you know that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Kenesha!

You are right, all hair has its own challenges. I am telling you, that was the first thing I said iwas going to do once I reached my goal...get a relaxer! Adrienne has talked me from that before and STILL I toy with the idea. Natural hair is cool, but so is relaxed hair. I jsut think that HEALTHY hair is the way...be it relaxed or natural! Feel me? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

You are right, all hair has its own challenges. I am telling you, that was the first thing I said iwas going to do once I reached my goal...get a relaxer! Adrienne has talked me from that before and STILL I toy with the idea. Natural hair is cool, but so is relaxed hair. I jsut think that HEALTHY hair is the way...be it relaxed or natural! Feel me? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm feeling you, Leejure. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Natural hair is cool, but so is relaxed hair. I jsut think that HEALTHY hair is the way...be it relaxed or natural! Feel me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I feel ya!

Leejure,

thank you so much for posting the additional three pics of your friend. Is her hair still wet/damp in the pics or is it dry? And let me guess, that is without a relaxer right? I can't remember from the pm if that was relaxed hair or natural....
from your description I think my hair looks more like yours, it's a lot of hair and thick and corksrews and like all over the place, lord lord lord....

Back