How to Massage Scalp To Stimulate Hair Growth

This site gives Recipies and this site gives extensive Profiles
of essential oils.
HTH

Disclaimer***I won't recommed ordering any products from the Profiles site as I had a REALLY unpleasant experience with them*****

how long are you to massage your scalp each day? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? etc.?

and how often during the day? once? twice? etc.

Poohbear said:
how long are you to massage your scalp each day? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? etc.?

and how often during the day? once? twice? etc.

Minimum 5 mins 2X per day.

great thread ladies! I purchased a scalp massager off of ebay not to long ago but it stopped working one day(I had used it TOO much ;) )

MeechUK said:
Has anyone had any adverse effects from scalp massaging?

MeechUK
No, I haven't. I still do my yoga scalp massage twice each day. I think the scalp can only benefit from massaging it. It's good having that blood flow in the scalp.

Has anyone tried the method where you heat the oil up first, oil the scalp, oil the length, massage, wet a towel with hot water, wring it out and wrap your hair with it, let it sit for at least 30 to 60 min. ? I wanna try this one. I think I will while I take my nap. :p
When I wake up, I'll shampoo.

I usually wear my hair in a bun monday thru thursday. I do take it down at night, and that is to apply the mtg to the scalp. When i spray it in, i massage my scalp a little bit then, before re-bunning.

Bumping to see if anyone has any new information, tips, techniques, etc.

Thank you.

ETA: I found this: http://www.essentialoils.co.za/scalp-stimulation.htm

To make the scalp stimulation lotion, mix the following together:
10 ml vodka
30 ml distilled water
5 drops rosemary oil
5 drops camomile roman
5 drops lavender oil

This mixture can be gently massaged into the scalp at any convenient time.

When making this mixture use a good quality vodka, since it is purer.

Anybody have any feedback?

Last edited:
Back