How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?

• Total voters
I wash my hair once a week. I tried washing twice a week and noticed my ends getting thin, so I stopped that. No more than once a week for me!

once a week for me too always deep condition every wash.

would love to wash or rinse more but my hair takes a good 24 hours to dry completely (do 5-6 braids for braidouts - my staple style).

forget about rollersetting even once a week......i save that for a nice changeup from the braid outs, maybe every 2-4 weeks or special occasions.

Newbie...Ok I don't have a set amout of time but I know when I was little and had ponytails to the mid back my mom only washed it once a yr but cleansed the scalp weekly and gave it a good brushing. That seems to infrequent as an adult but I do think less is more...for me. I use sulphur 8/coconut oil to oil my scalp after scratching ( I know that sounds sooo old school) but I don't like to mess with my hair too much if I can help it

My hair just feels soo much better when I wash or condition wash it often.. I've done the once a week thing and my trust, my hair grows faster and is healthier with more frequent rinsing/washing.

I voted for 2x a week. Usually I clarify, protein treatment, all that jazz once and then hot oil, wash, deep condition once, with co washes in between if I'm a good noodle.
But my hair's dry so I think I'll clarify once a week and all that but instead of a second shampoo during the week I think I'll do an ACV rinse and condition for more moisture, and try to co wash 1-2 weekly.
I had a pretty unorthadox regimen a couple years back that left me only losing a couple hairs a day, I should've kept up with it...

caribeandiva said:
yep, frequent washing helps me keep the itchies away. that's why i do it 2x a week.

yep...what she said!!!! and it also keeps my hair strands moisturized and my scalp soft!

I wash my hair also 2 times a week or every 3 days. Even got my own designated wash days, Mondays and Thursdays. When i shampoo my hair this often i don't experience dandruff,which is no more a friend of mine since i have joined LHCF.:D

I do it Tuesdays and Fridays if my week isn't busy. Otherwise, I make sure to wash atleast once on Fridays on the rare occassions that I didn't have time to do it earlier in the week.

I voted for 2x/week. I'm trying to figure out which days I can designate as "wash day", but it hasn't worked out for me yet, so I pretty much do it every 3-4 days. If for some reason I end up at the 5th-7th day, I'm in "itchy and scratchy" hell!:lol:

2-3 CO rinses for me + 2 Poo's with 15-20 min DC with heat. My hair LOOOVES it! soft, moisturized new growth AND less shedding

how do u guys wash so often w/ so much hair!!!
is this the relaxed girls? and even still rollersetting and all that?
any naturals wash 2 or more times a week in the winter??
in the winter i wash 1.5-2 weeks
in the summer when i wear it curly i do wash more (2-3 times)
but no way in the winter
i have so much hair i couldn't bear!!!:eek:
(ooh that rhymed)
or maybe just lazy:lol:

and is it really healthier 4 the hair 2 wash more often?

jenteel said:
how do u guys wash so often w/ so much hair!!!
is this the relaxed girls? and even still rollersetting and all that?
any naturals wash 2 or more times a week in the winter??
in the winter i wash 1.5-2 weeks
in the summer when i wear it curly i do wash more (2-3 times)
but no way in the winter
i have so much hair i couldn't bear!!!:eek:
(ooh that rhymed)
or maybe just lazy:lol:

and is it really healthier 4 the hair 2 wash more often?

With me although my hair enjoys more frequent washings, I can go two weeks if I oil my scalp with a light oil and try to keep it up and moisturized.

My hair is fine and doesn't like too much washing and detangling manipulation. Once a week seems to be ideal for it.

Back