How often do you use heat?

I've only used direct heat once since starting my HHJ/transition 15 months ago. I plan of using heat more during the cooler months though...(once a month at most).

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

I do wash n go's in the summer, and the other 9 months I get Domincan blowouts. I do use a heat protectant (Moisture Block by Sabino) and so far no heat damage. When I used to use the curling iron every week, my hair stayed at shoulder length, now its bsl.

Every six weeks, but I only keep my hair out for 3-4 days and then back to the bun. So far so good! I am one inch from MBL and I haven't had to trim since March.

I flatiron once a week and use either Sabino Lok and Blok or Redken Smooth Down Serum with Sabino on the ends. If I use Sabino Lok and Blok I DO NOT GET HEAT damage...it's amazing but it can be heavy so you have to be careful.

I just straightened my hair friday after a whole year... it was interesting but I think I like my hair better when it's not straightened. I'm kinda scared of heat for some reason.

Ive used the flat iron once this year. Have not used the blow dryer any this year. I guess in the future i will use heat about 2x a year until i reach my goals then i will use it maybe once a month.

I'm a newbie, but my LT plan is to flat iron only 2-3x per year, especially until I hit my LT length goal. I don't blow dry at all now, but I may occasionally rock a blown out fro a few times a year in between PSs.

I plan to flat iron for the first time in December when I do my first real length check. I'm so nervous about it! I haven't had a setback yet, so I hope it doesn't lead to one.

It really depends sometimes I go 30+ days without any heat at all, but if you're asking for an average, I'd say once a month. This year I have used some form of heat a couple times twice in a month (2 week intervals).

Twice a year. I know that for me heat damage is real and now I try to avoid it. I like to wear my hair in its curly state (twists, braids, twist outs, braid outs, buns). I just bought a Sedu and i don't plan on getting in the habit of using it. I just need straight hair for trims.

Every time i wash my hair i blowdry and flatiron - this is once a week or every two weeks.

After years of fighting my hair i now know my hair cannot be left to it's own devices - ie left to dry in its natural state. It spells disaster to be honest and i loose so much hair.

Heat is my friend. x

I used it everyday before my healthy hair journey. I used direct heat 3 times this year and 0 times last year.

Before I got rid of my last little relaxed ends, I didn't understand why people were so scared to use heat. Big deal? How much damage could it do? But now that I've fallen in love with my own curls I know exactly how they feel. I'm a little scared to use a flat iron now myself!

well right now not too aften cause i'm 4b relaxed 3 months post and it's thick down there so it's too hard to flat iron. I tried this weekend and after only doing a small section in the front i gave up, lol, i used to do it once a week after dc'ing and using ic fantasia spray heat protectant...but i'm sure when i'll relax i'll be back to once a week

Indirect heat 1 to 2x a week(I sit under my soft bonnet dryer to dry my hair).

Direct Heat: In the summer- I don't bother. In the winter it depends, I might Flat Iron my leaveout for my half wigs 1x. week, whole head, once to twice a month.

Back