How much did you spend....

Nice & Wavy

...on products last month?

I went through my receipts on all my "hair related" purchases and I spent a whopping....$255.23!!!!!

It's time for a major SLOW DOWN on spending for hair products.....now I have to...

by some more "open-toed" shoes...hehe!!!

Ok, how much did you spend????

N&W

$0. I have my staples which I tend to buy in large amounts. Since my regimen has me only washing and manipulating my hair once a month, I go through products pretty slowly.

Thank goodness. I used to spend $100's on haircare a month when I did frequent wash n gos and was trying out every new thing.:lol:

:eek: I spent anywhere between 150 and 180 dollars last month. That's only because I am revamping my whole regimen. Most of that went towards buying my new FHI flat iron which I love! I'm also trying to go the natural route. The PJ was restless, so I had to give in:lachen:...I like to think of it as an investment.

gloomgeisha said:
$0. I have my staples which I tend to buy in large amounts. Since my regimen has me only washing and manipulating my hair once a month, I go through products pretty slowly.

Thank goodness. I used to spend $100's on haircare a month when I did frequent wash n gos and was trying out every new thing.:lol:

Now that I finally found my staples, I think I'll start buying them in gallons. It's much cheaper that way.

Nuelle said:
:eek: I spent anywhere between 150 and 180 dollars last month. That's only because I am revamping my whole regimen. Most of that went towards buying my new FHI flat iron which I love! I'm also trying to go the natural route. The PJ was restless, so I had to give in:lachen:...I like to think of it as an investment.

HEY WAT DOES PJ MEAN LOL

hmm..i bought a bonnet dryer..that ran me about $50
i bought five different mizani products...all priced $10, $20, $24 $26
I bought Chi Silk Infusion ...$17
I bought Redken Smooth Down Heavy Cream $15
PM The Conditioner Leave In - $10
PM The Detangler $10
I bought four packs of rollers $4 a Pack & Clips $5
Castor Oil $10
Muliti/Silica/MSM $50

....the more items i add the more depressed i become so im just gonna stop here.... :(

basically i bought too much dang stuff!

please someone add theirs so i dont feel so bad LOL

gloomgeisha said:

That's great girl and buying in larger items is a great idea.

Nuelle said:

Wow...you were right behind me...lol.

Glad you found your staple products, though. I think that was what I was looking for the summer because the winter products just isn't working for me right now. I did find some summer staples, so I'm happy for that.

whitneysimone said:
hmm..i bought a bonnet dryer..that ran me about $50
i bought five different mizani products...all priced $10, $20, $24 $26
I bought Chi Silk Infusion ...$17
I bought Redken Smooth Down Heavy Cream $15
PM The Conditioner Leave In - $10
PM The Detangler $10
I bought four packs of rollers $4 a Pack & Clips $5
Castor Oil $10
Muliti/Silica/MSM $50

....the more items i add the more depressed i become so im just gonna stop here.... :(

basically i bought too much dang stuff!

please someone add theirs so i dont feel so bad LOL

Awwww....you are too cute! Don't feel bad, apparently u needed all those items.

The problem lies when every month I buy something new because someone raves about it and my hands start itching and I forsake getting a new pair of jeans or shoes to buy the newest hair product. I'm going to stop buying for the summer so....I'm going to stay out of the 'Hit & Misses' threads because that is where I keep getting into trouble...lol.

$150. I got serious about my hair health last month and spent a bundle. I still waiting on a good chunk of that to come in the mail.

I spent the following:

V05 con (onsale at Bartells): .99
Relaxer (2 for 1 sale at Walgreens): 7.00
Elasta QP mango butter: 4.00 (approx)
Doo Gro oil: 3.50
New comb: 3.00
~
22.00 Rounded up

I'm on a super strict budget and buy stuff like vitamins etc in bulk.

RosesBlack said:
I spent the following:

V05 con (onsale at Bartells): .99
Relaxer (2 for 1 sale at Walgreens): 7.00
Elasta QP mango butter: 4.00 (approx)
Doo Gro oil: 3.50
New comb: 3.00
~
22.00 Rounded up

I'm on a super strict budget and buy stuff like vitamins etc in bulk.

You did good girl....;)

$10

I bought Aphogee's Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and some hair accessories

I am a PJ no more :cool:

deejoy said:
$150. I got serious about my hair health last month and spent a bundle. I still waiting on a good chunk of that to come in the mail.

That's not bad at all. I know what you mean about waiting for mail...I'm waiting for my Hairtoheaven items to arrive!

KhandiB said:
$10

I bought Aphogee's Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and some hair accessories

I am a PJ no more :cool:

Good for you, khandib....I can't wait until I can say that :p

I honestly think I didn't buy any hair stuff last month. The days of buying all kind of products is over for me. I have a few staples that I am going to remain faithful to.

marie170 said:
I honestly think I didn't buy any hair stuff last month. The days of buying all kind of products is over for me. I have a few staples that I am going to remain faithful to.

Well, with you getting married and all (congratulations btw;) ), I'm sure products were almost the last thing on your mind.

I think I'm going to stick with some of my staples as well.

I spent about 10 dollars on V05 conditioner. That's it.

OT: Nice & Wavy why do you have that picture of that rapper in your avatar?

I spent $5.45 on Cantu Shea Butter Scalp Treatment. During the past five months I would say about $150.00. Now that I have my staples, I am giving the rest of my products away at the meet up.

WOW, Hair Twin :eek: !

I have no idea how much I spent, but I know I bought at least $30 worth of barrettes and hair toys alone. I actually think I have a problem!!!!!!!!!

dlewis said:
I spent about 10 dollars on V05 conditioner. That's it.

OT: Nice & Wavy why do you have that picture of that rapper in your avatar?

That rapper happens to be my son....:p

How did you know he was a rapper, dlewis?

PatTodd said:
WOW, Hair Twin :eek: !

I have no idea how much I spent, but I know I bought at least $30 worth of barrettes and hair toys alone. I actually think I have a problem!!!!!!!!!

I know hair twin....:eek: right?

I spent far too much on stuff....can't believe it myself but after totalling up my reciepts...I had to step back and catch myself!!!

Nice & Wavy said:
That rapper happens to be my son....:p

How did you know he was a rapper, dlewis?

That's your son? I see him in the entertainment forum all the time. I didn't know that was your son.

Ineedhair said:
I spent $5.45 on Cantu Shea Butter Scalp Treatment. During the past five months I would say about $150.00. Now that I have my staples, I am giving the rest of my products away at the meet up.

That's awesome...good for you, girl!

BTW: Your hair looks really pretty and its growing...keep up the good work!

dlewis said:
That's your son? I see him in the entertainment forum all the time. I didn't know that was your son.

Really? I didn't even know that.....;)

I just left him on vacation and I miss him already....we had a blast!

Last edited:
Back