How Many Products Did You Try Before You Found the Right One

vtoodler

After becoming a LHCF member, how many hair products (ie--shampoos, conditioner, moisturizer) did you have to try before finding the one?

For example, did you have to try 8 shampoos before you found the perfect one for your hair?

Shampoos - 1
Moisturizing DCs - no less than 50 (my neighbor and the local women’s shelter are grateful for my experimentation)
Protein Treatments - 5
Leave-ins - at least 10 to 15
Moisturizers - 3

Thank God my PJ days are behind me.

Too damn many :sad:

stash.jpg

it tends to vary. Very few items have been outright no. However, I do also believe in purchasing samples first before larger bottles. Or asking for samples.

I know I had miss haps when I tried a new trend but then I finally found my nitch and found out my hair didn't like protien and didn't like conrows and love water.

Not many. I did a lot of research before buying. I've been using my staple shampoo,abba pure moisture shampoo, since I started my journey. I have experimented with 4 conditioners before settling on ao honeysuckle rose and ao rosa mosqueta - each used at different times during a stretch. I have been using ao gbp and joico kpak for protein, though I use joico more frequently. I do tons of research first and have gotten pretty lucky. Finding a good moisturizer has been a little more tricky, but not too expensive. Ive only used two leave-ins and got the one I use currently by default because ultra was out of my staple and I had to wash.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I would say an average amount in each of the categories. Maybe around 5 or so for each category? My products have changed as my textures did though. I started out a relaxed head, decided to be a long term stretcher who texlaxed, and then finally natural. So a little tweaking became necessary at each step which meant some products stayed and others were replaced. The other thing that has been consistent is the shea butter now that I think about it...

ETA- by products I mean the entire product lines. In the end my problems stemmed more from techniques not products. I just wasn't doing the right things.:look:

Last edited:
I don't remember how many but to keep the cost low and efficiency high, I invested in alot natural products. I also learned the actual purpose of most ingredients and was able to figure out if my hair would like the next product or not.

Back