• When my scalp is Tingling all the time

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • When I can’t ignore my newgrowth anymore

Votes: 142 45.8%
  • When others compliment me that my hair is getting longer

Votes: 94 30.3%
  • When I run out of products quicker

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • When hair starts seeming “bigger” (because of newgrowth)

Votes: 139 44.8%
  • other

Votes: 55 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I typically use my backrolls to gage my hair progress, since thats one thing that is a constant in my life. :lol: As my hair gets closer to the rolls, i know that its growing!!!

Crawlies. It doesn't really itch and it damn sure doesn't tingle, just feels like something is living in there. Oh, and my air dried hair get bigger. I always welcome the crawlies. I always get crazy looks though when I say I can feel my hair growing, but I can! Seems like I can even feel the hair strands moving out of my scalp. Weird.

ME TOO. That's my antennae wavin'. lol!!!!

them nappy roots. . . I get more and more hair to touch. and plus I moved up to pink rollers, and I am soon going to have to move up from those on days when I want it to be "straight"

i voted when i cant ignore the new growth anymore and other: i cant style my hair anymore too much new growth it does not look nice the two textures the only style ok is buns and a braid

I can measure my NG very accurately by using my gray hairs as a guide:lachen:For example, my last color was 9.5 weeks ago and I have app. 1.25 inches of NG...I can tell exactly how much growth I get each month...sad, but true...

I don't know whether it's more sad that I have enough NG in grays to measure, or that I actually pull out the ruler...:rofl:

Well, my new growth gets harder to deal with, spongier and more tangled :ohwell:.
Whether I'm retaining any length is another story.

I voted other. I really started to realize it was growing when I wasn't able to do some of my quick semi buns. I was trying to do the two mini buns I wore for months not too long ago and got so frustrated, then it dawned on me that my hair is too long for that now and my frustration turned into a happy dance.

I'm in cornbraids challenge, and OCT challenge, I wash twice per week. Scalp still seems to be ithing like crazy:wallbash:.....does this mean its growing??

Recently, when my hair was long enough for a ponytail. :yep: other times when it doesn' act the same after styling and also sometimes when my scalp is sore.

-when my newgrowth gets crazy
-progress pics
-when my hair gets bigger
-others compliment me

Once all 4 of these happen then im convinced. :yep:Yup! Its growin'

Please people, don't sleep on Biotin. I just started taking Biotin, only 300mg and 4 weeks into my perm it looks as if I need another one. From taking biotin, I've achieved about 3/4 of inch worth of new growth. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm perming my hair this weekend and I'm only up to week six. I usually perm my hair every 10-12 weeks, but I can't hold out this time. Don't sleep on Biotin.

Please people, don't sleep on Biotin. I just started taking Biotin, only 300mg and 4 weeks into my perm it looks as if I need another one. From taking biotin, I've achieved about 3/4 of inch worth of new growth. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm perming my hair this weekend and I'm only up to week six. I usually perm my hair every 10-12 weeks, but I can't hold out this time. Don't sleep on Biotin.

OOOOOooooo! I'm excited...just started taking Biotin 3 days ago.

I can tell my hair is growing when it takes an extra squeeze to wring the water out after I shower. I usually go hand over hand down the length and all of a sudden yesterday, I noticed that I was using a 3rd squeeze:grin:

I voted "When hair starts seeming “bigger” (because of newgrowth)" I notice my ng on wash days theres a huge diff btwn the ng and the chemical treated ends.. I rarely use heat on my hair but when I do it's to do a comparison and those pictures help too. Day to day its more the amount of hair I have in my pony tails or the point where a plait ends that proves theres a difference. I guess other people noticing the difference and commenting/asking for tips.. reasons are endless!

Am I the only who's old school/hardcore enough to whip out a ruler, pop that sucker at the base of the hair at the crown, stretch one's hair along side it, and letsthe almightly metric system tell me how much I've progressed?

Yes! That's me! Or at least it was me because now I'm past the 12 inches now.

I have natural hair so I know its growing by looking at progress pictures, my rollers get too small, people tell me its longer when I flatiron, my products seem to last less and less.

my hair is growing when other ppl are like omg your hair is so long...blah blah :blush: even though i dont think so . i am only 19 inches long last time i measured.lol 6 more inches and im bsl .yayyyyyyyyy but anyway my hair thick so i have to constanly by products so my hair doesnt get dry. :perplexed speaking of that i need to go to sallys......

I only notice when I flat iron...a lot of the time I will wear my hair in natural styles or curly styles so I dont know the true length until I flat iron it.

Well, believe it or not ladies I know my hair is growing because it grows in "PURE WHITE". Yep! That's my gray, but I don't have gray hair I have white hair! (and it was said....) She get it from her daddy!..lol I am not that old. I am in my 40's, but every since I had to cut all my hair off and start anew 2 years ago, it now grows in white. Sooo I color it dark brown. I actually let my a white hair grow in for 4 months, and people thought it was fake...lol imagine that!

Back