How do I properly do a rollerset?

toyas08

Everytime I try to do a rollerset my hair gets frizzy putting them in. I have the Purple magnetic roller but I think I need the Red ones. Are there any other rollers I could use? Do I have to use a setting lotion?

For me the hair has to be pretty wet in order for it to lay properly on the roller. Also try to hold the hair as straight as possible the tension helps it lay smooth on the the roller. Have you tried a ponytail rollerset? I was struggling with my rollersets for a while now and it really helped me. As for the setting lotion it's not necessary, I think it depends more on what your going to do with your rollerset. If I'm going to leave my hair out after a rollerset I add a small amount of setting lottion to maintain the curl. If I'm just going to wear it back in a bun I just use moisturizer.

For me the hair has to be pretty wet in order for it to lay properly on the roller. Also try to hold the hair as straight as possible the tension helps it lay smooth on the the roller. Have you tried a ponytail rollerset? I was struggling with my rollersets for a while now and it really helped me. As for the setting lotion it's not necessary, I think it depends more on what your going to do with your rollerset. If I'm going to leave my hair out after a rollerset I add a small amount of setting lottion to maintain the curl. If I'm just going to wear it back in a bun I just use moisturizer.

I agree, the hair has to be very wet. I always have a spray bottle full of water ready for when my hair starts to dry out. I don't use setting lotion. You have to make sure you smooth out the section of hair with a rat tail comb, not sure if you're doing that. I make sure I add a leave-in conditioner before I start. If you don't allow the hair to be 100% dry your hair will frizz... I'm trying to think of what other advice I can give you.

If I don't flatiron my hair afterwards my hair is never 100% frizz free in the front. My hair is very dry in the front. HTH

Back