How are You using the Aloe Vera Juice....

How are You using Aloe Vera Juice

• Add it to Conditioner for a DC

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Spritz Moisture Mix

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Do Both Options 1 and 2

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use organic aloe vera juice (from Trader Joe's) in my homemade scalp spritz, which has peppermint tea, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, vitamin e, and grapefruit seed extract to help preserve. I keep mine in the refridgerator, and only use a few times in between washes. HTH :)

I use organic aloe vera juice (from Trader Joe's) in my homemade scalp spritz, which has peppermint tea, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, vitamin e, and grapefruit seed extract to help preserve. I keep mine in the refridgerator, and only use a few times in between washes. HTH :)

That sounds like a great mixture:yep:!

i got the glycern from wal-mart and added AV juice...great moisturizer for my braids, but it was kinda sticky...

I buy mine at Walmart. It's in the skin section of the pharmacy. It's usually at the bottom of the shelf.
you guys find EVERYTHING at wal-mart! dang!!!
do you ladies use the aloe juice that comes in that big jug that you see everywhere? or is it a different kind? i always look at that jug and think about it, but i'm not quite sure if i should use that particular one in my hair.
i saw it but that was wayy too much considering i had never used it before.
I copied this picture from Atlien11 thread.

31FR59YNSVL._AA280_.jpg
this is what i got!!!

i got the glycern from wal-mart and added AV juice...great moisturizer for my braids, but it was kinda sticky...

you guys find EVERYTHING at wal-mart! dang!!!

i saw it but that was wayy too much considering i had never used it before.
this is what i got!!!

Glycerin can be sticky that's why I like to dilute it with spring water.

I just bought some Aloe Vera juice today (less than a half hour ago, actually :grin:) and I just put some in my spray bottle and mixed it with some conditioner and distilled water. I never thought to use it in my DC, but now I'm definitely going to use it that way, too.

I use the aloe juice/rosewater spritz thanks to Traycee. Stuff is awesome. I spray my roots and have seen a big difference, I am about 6 weeks post and my new growth is manageable.

ETA: I keep my mix in the refrigerator and I have the same Aloe Juice that was pictured earlier by Pinkpebbles.

I use the aloe juice/rosewater spritz thanks to Traycee. Stuff is awesome. I spray my roots and have seen a big difference, I am about 6 weeks post and my new growth is manageable.

ETA: I keep my mix in the refrigerator and I have the same Aloe Juice that was pictured earlier by Pinkpebbles.

I was just going to jump in Mrs Green...Hahahaha...Yes but I do what she said....Hahahaha

I put mine in a spray bottle with a little water and a cap full of SAA.

I use the big jug.

Do any of you refrigerate it The jug says to refrigerate after opening but I don't have room in my fridge for it.
I will add some SAA to mind. Thanks Mook!
I copied this picture from Atlien11 thread.

31FR59YNSVL._AA280_.jpg

This is the same brand I use. I picked up the gallon for a little under 25.00 bucks. (at Vitamin Shopp)

I've been using that lily of the valley, but the gel version. It is sitting in juice though, so I am trying to figure out ways to use the juice. I will try a spray tonight.

I use it in a spray bottle with vegetable glycerine for moisture. For me, the aloe juice and glycerine is the absolute best moisturizer -- hands down.

I also drink 2-4 oz. a day..

I also use it as a facial toner after washing my face..

I use in a spray bottle and the gel is the basis for my homemade hair products, thanks for sharing about using Aloe vera juice as a toner.

I have some dietary aloe vera juice that must be refrigerated after opening. Is this what ya'll are using using? If so, do you keep your aloe vera mix in the refrigerator until ready to be applied to your hair? Thanks.

I have some dietary aloe vera juice that must be refrigerated after opening. Is this what ya'll are using using? If so, do you keep your aloe vera mix in the refrigerator until ready to be applied to your hair? Thanks.

Yep that is the one...Its the same aloe vera juice you digest....I keep my mix in the fridge...And it is so refreshing in all this heat when I spritz....

I add it to my DC's

Add it to my OCT/MT mixture

Also have small spray bottle, w/ half braid spray+1/3 avj for misting.

Great info! I wanted to try MT but had some concerns about protein overload, adding this just may work for me. :yep:

I wanted to go get some AVJ today but I saw a thread where someone mentioned that it has citric acid in it. Is there a potential negative effect to this such as permanently loosening ones curl pattern or lightening the hair?

I have used food grade aloe vera on my hair and scalp daily since mid-January and my curl pattern has loosened considerably. When I noticed this, I did some research and I attributed it to the lactic acid it contains. I am not well-versed on citric acid, so it could very well also be a contributing factor as I know CA will smooth the cuticle. I just haven't researched citric acid like I have other things. It is a more elongated "S" pattern rather than a tighter/coilier "S" pattern, which I absolutely love as my hair is much easier to detangle and get a comb through. On the other hand, it has not lightened my hair in the least and my hair is jet black.

I use it with glycerine for moisture

i also use a mixture of 1 part aloe vera 1 part ACV to 2 parts distilled water mixture on my hair to clarify it once a week.

i love both uses.

I use it with glycerine for moisture

i also use a mixture of 1 part aloe vera 1 part ACV to 2 parts distilled water mixture on my hair to clarify it once a week.

i love both uses.

Thanks for sharing this. I am going to try this b/c I noticed with using the baking soda + water mixture my scalp became very tender and my hair was completely stripped(no amount of moisturizing could replace the moisture).

i mixed it with glycerine and liked it. i didnt vote coz haven't really gotten into it yet. plan on putting it in conditioners as well/

I'm bumping this up again because I want to know the same thing... Does anyone use it to detangle? THANKS!

Back