~Hits & Misses~Sept 2011

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
HIT:

Fantasia IC Thick N' Shine Gel. The best gel I've used to date. This stuff makes my curls pop out of control.

Tene

Hits:

Bioluxe Hydrating Deep Conditioner
Bioluxe Smoothing Conditioner
Softee Indian Hemp Hair Grease

I like this grease much better than Blue Magic, it's not heavy or greasy at all.

Miss:

Zenzele Leave-In Conditioning Milk

This stuff is too light and not moisturizing enough. Also the scent is too strong and burns my nose.

Sheamoisture Curling Souffle Gel

This stuff had my hair dry and greasy

Last edited:

Platinum

Hits:

Modified Knock-Off Denman brush (Detangles like a dream without breakage) :yep:
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque :lick:
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner :lick:

LifeafterLHCF

A miss but turned hit
SM Restorative conditioner -It was not good for conditioning regularly as a wash out but its good for a creamy leave-in.

Platinum

A miss but turned hit
SM Restorative conditioner -It was not good for conditioning regularly as a wash out but its good for a creamy leave-in.

I've never tried it as a rinse condish, only as a leave-in, along with the deep treatment masque. I use it before going to bed. Detangle, applying the products, braid, then baggy. My hair is so soft as moisturized the next day.:lick:

Dposh167

HIT: DONNA MARIE SUPER BUTTERCREAM

i wanted to use this for a week before i figured if it was a hit. And its totally worth my money. I use it to moisturize my ends, and it has succeeded all week. I can use it on airdried ends and it will smooth it out and make it feel soft and moisturized. I love anything creamy and this is a nice rich creamy moisturizer. But not too heavy. I'm in love

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@poochie167

Alot of the Ladies in U1 B1 really like/love it too, and had recommended it a while back (but most of them are Natural)so, this is my first review from a Relaxed-Head.:grin:

I just looked it up on AveYou since I have 1 Groupon left and it was alot 'cheaper' than I thought.:look:

Especially for 8 ounces of product.:yep:

I don't know why I thought it was 'pricey'?:perplexed Just never really looked at it.

Now I can buy something else other than CJ (which I love).

Dposh167

@IDareT'sHair I love that stuff on my nappy hair, lol. You use everything else that we naturals use, so you will probably like it.

u know, i can't help but try out "natural hair products". Especially all the reviews on YT on the board. It just makes me wanna :lick:. Cuz i always avoided some of them b.c. they're promoted for natural hair...but a lot of products can still work on relaxed

outspokenwallflower

^^ditto!
HIT:

WEN Fall Ginger Pumpkin C.C-My very first WEN conditioner and I was not disappointed! My scalp tingled a bit, my hair felt silky soft yet clean, and the smell was really nice and spicy :)

Enso Naturals Moss & Marshmallow Softening Serum- Nice serum, softened my new growth without any problems.

Last edited:

Coffee

Hits:

Bio Supplements Volume Control System
WEN Ginger Pumpkin :yay::yay:
Essentious Poo, condish & protein trmt
KeSari Indian Oil
Natural Afro Hair Detangler Growth Spray

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
poochie167

I use predominately Organic/Natural/Handmades. With the exception of the Relaxer, most of my products are marketed for "Naturals" but work Famously on Relaxed Hair.:grin:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hits: kera pro serum- i never tried keratese but this is good for what it is. It is way better than any other serum ive used and it smells like a salon product...expensive! not cheap and fruity Lol

shea moisture moisture retention shampoo- my current favorite poo. It lathers nicely,cleanses well and strengthens the hair at the same time.my hair felt as if it could lift a cinderblock after using it but it didnt dry out my hair at all. My only issue is the smell. Its a bit too strong and herbal for my taste.

curls passionfruit curl control paste- OMG THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! My edges are always unruly so i need something to keep them in check.i Hate gel and now that i am relaxed i never want it to touch my hair again. So i used this and when first used it i thought this stuff is so watery! It and gonna do ish!one i rubbed it in a bit it stiffened to a beautiful smooth hold! I tied my scarf down and the edges were extra smooth but didnt look productly like i had put something there. I love it. We shall see how it can hold up to my NG though! Best edge product i have used so far. Plus the smell is DIVINE! Like a sweet dessert. Its strong but fades quickly and is not cloying.

Miss

shea moisture restorative conditioner(as a rinse out) -this conditioner was ok. Nothing special. I had planned 2 give it away but you ladies will have me try it out as a leave in this time. Also now that i am relaxed it might work better.it has a similar scent as the shampoo but not as strong.

baba de caracol hair loss treatment : i hated the smell of this. Strong and cheap! I felt like it did nothing for my natural hair nor prevented shedding.

LaToya28

Hit:

Elasta QP DPR-11 deep conditioner. This conditioner is amazing on my hair and my daughter's natural hair!

allmundjoi

Hits: kera pro serum- i never tried keratese but this is good for what it is. It is way better than any other serum ive used and it smells like a salon product...expensive! not cheap and fruity Lol

shea moisture moisture retention shampoo- my current favorite poo. It lathers nicely,cleanses well and strengthens the hair at the same time.my hair felt as if it could lift a cinderblock after using it but it didnt dry out my hair at all. My only issue is the smell. Its a bit too strong and herbal for my taste.

curls passionfruit curl control paste- OMG THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! My edges are always unruly so i need something to keep them in check.i Hate gel and now that i am relaxed i never want it to touch my hair again. So i used this and when first used it i thought this stuff is so watery! It and gonna do ish!one i rubbed it in a bit it stiffened to a beautiful smooth hold! I tied my scarf down and the edges were extra smooth but didnt look productly like i had put something there. I love it. We shall see how it can hold up to my NG though! Best edge product i have used so far. Plus the smell is DIVINE! Like a sweet dessert. Its strong but fades quickly and is not cloying.

Miss

shea moisture restorative conditioner(as a rinse out) -this conditioner was ok. Nothing special. I had planned 2 give it away but you ladies will have me try it out as a leave in this time. Also now that i am relaxed it might work better.it has a similar scent as the shampoo but not as strong.

baba de caracol hair loss treatment : i hated the smell of this. Strong and cheap! I felt like it did nothing for my natural hair nor prevented shedding.

Napp, the SM Curl & Shine shampoo smells much nicer. I have both and they both leave my natural hair soft.

beautyaddict1913

Hit:
Darcy's Botanicals DC! I really like it! Its a little pricey but I may consider buying it if its ever 25% off or more!

Re-Visited Hit:
Using JBCO on my roots. I used to do this and another user reminded me how good it was and I started back up - makes my hair sooo soft!

Oil rinsing - I used to do this to and was reading on a blog that it reduces ssk's and helps keep hair detangled. I started back up and have been using Hairveda Cocasta - its great!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hits

Oil rinses

Hairveda new condish. Acai phyto Berry

Miss

Finger combing

Deep condish without heat.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

JeterCrazed

Misses:
Lush Retread
Johnathan Product Add Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner

Hits:
JBCO
Emu Oil
CHI Deep Brilliance entire line
Philosophy Frosted Animal Cracker Shampoo/Body Wash/Bubble Bath - first time I ever liked a product like this. Actually, moisturized my hair. I love it.
Pure Sulfur
Iron Supplements*

Sent from my HTC Inspire™