Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2015-2016 Challenge!

@SmilingElephant How long does it take you to trim?

Don't leave until you reach your ultimate hair goal. I oftentimes think about not renewing my subscription as well, but I really love the Health and Fitness forum. If it was based on the hair side alone...I woulda left a long time ago. Is there another forum here that you are interested in to help you stay a little longer?

I've been peeking into the Book Club forum. I see it gets a little action :)

You just tryna get me to stay lol!!

Tbh it's kinda weird to go without LHCF bc it's been a part of my life for 8 years...almost a decade!! So I always end up coming back, but I'm finding with age comes less and less time. Like the older I get I'm tied up in other things in life.

Also, I really REALLY miss the old vibe that used to be prevalent on this board. :(

Tbh it's kinda weird to go without LHCF bc it's been a part of my life for 8 years...almost a decade!! So I always end up coming back, but I'm finding with age comes less and less time. Like the older I get I'm tied up in other things in life.

Also, I really REALLY miss the old vibe that used to be prevalent on this board. :(
Come into the book club!!! I wish more people posted there.

Shole is!!! :lachen:

I wore my hair down this past weekend to a cookout. The good thing about keeping it in braids is that as soon as I take the braida down, I get a style. LOL

How are we wearing our hair this week? Buns, braids, twists, updo's or are you just letting it all hang down?
I'm wearing my hair in two strand twists under a wig. I'll be switching to flat twists this week. I'll be hiding my hair until April because winters here are horrible and I'm trying to get to hip length by June. I don't need any setbacks.

I'm wearing my hair in two strand twists under a wig. I'll be switching to flat twists this week. I'll be hiding my hair until April because winters here are horrible and I'm trying to get to hip length by June. I don't need any setbacks.

I hear you Sis! Winters are brutal on my hair since I moved to an area that snows. My hair wasn't ready! LOL. I'll be wearing my turbans throughout the fall and winter to protect my hair.

I'm washing every 3 days and wearing flat twists. My girlfriend and I are doing a modified CG/MHM regi for 6 weeks so I'm in flat twist during that. I plan to start setting at the end of October.

Hopefully I've gained enough length to be able to put it up easier after rollerseting.

Do you care to share more about your modified CG/MHM regi? It may help someone here. I am oh so proud of your hair and how much you are dedicated to learning more about it.

Guuuuuuuurrrrrl.....that Busy Girl Bun! :lachen:

I hear ya Sis! Can't go wrong with a bun. I love my top knots when all other styles fail me.

I hear you Sis! Winters are brutal on my hair since I moved to an area that snows. My hair wasn't ready! LOL. I'll be wearing my turbans throughout the fall and winter to protect my hair.

Do you care to share more about your modified CG/MHM regi? It may help someone here. I am oh so proud of your hair and how much you are dedicated to learning more about it.

I hear ya Sis! Can't go wrong with a bun. I love my top knots when all other styles fail me.
Oooooooh turbans! Please post a pic of your turbans. I bet they look lovely. Turbans and head wraps are on my list to buy before it gets cold.

Oooooooh turbans! Please post a pic of your turbans. I bet they look lovely. Turbans and head wraps are on my list to buy before it gets cold.

This is the only one I have for now but I'll post more throughout the fall/winter as I wear them. I purchase large scarves, tie them up in different styles and secure the knots with ribbon ties.

image.jpeg

Thanks lulu. I have to stay on top of learning. Otherwise my hair would be at NL for the rest of my life. That would just depress me. :sad:

There isn't really much to share. My girlfriend is doing the modified CG so I don't know much about it. She is high po so she is doing conditioner. I'm lo po so doing Dubaidee's version of MHM which is just a mudwash and gel every 3 days. My curls are defining so I can wear a wng but Im still doing flat twist be wise they just last longer.

For the next few weeks I will just use mudwash and gel to see if my hair defines even further.

Then I'm going back to shampoo, conditioner, etc. I will stretch with a rollerset and then out it back into flat twist :lol:

I have a love hate relationship with them.

Gotta finish off the last leg of this challenge strong. Let's get those diets and nutrition snatched all the way together so the hair that's growing in is strong and supple.

I already don't play about my diet (I'm sure y'all know that if we chat in the Health and Fitness forum)! LOL Today I started my annual end of year Health challenge. With Fall being holiday season, it's easy to slip up so I always challenge myself to aim higher this time of the year. My hair and skin always reap the most benefits too.

I'm just making sure I eat, period! I get so caught up with work and everything and I sometimes forget to eat!

I learned my lesson Wednesday tho! I was running around town all day without really eating and it was hot and I was all sweaty.

I came home to lay down and when I did, I still felt like I was falling out. So I got back up and fixed me something to eat and drank about 4-5 water bottles back to back bc I was pretty sure I was dehydrated :nono:

So I'm eating today and making sure I drink plenty of water from now on!

Gotta finish off the last leg of this challenge strong. Let's get those diets and nutrition snatched all the way together so the hair that's growing in is strong and supple.

I already don't play about my diet (I'm sure y'all know that if we chat in the Health and Fitness forum)! LOL Today I started my annual end of year Health challenge. With Fall being holiday season, it's easy to slip up so I always challenge myself to aim higher this time of the year. My hair and skin always reap the most benefits too.

I need to join y'all more often over there. Between school, work and clinical rotations, my diet is horrible. I'm trying to do better but I need help :cry3:

I need to join y'all more often over there. Between school, work and clinical rotations, my diet is horrible. I'm trying to do better but I need help :cry3:

We would love to have you chatting with us over there. I gives me so much pride to see women with an interest in health and fitness.

I started a thread in the H&F forum called "What did you eat today"? It helps keep us accountable for our daily food intake. After losing 53 pounds and maintaining that weightloss for over a year now, there is one thing I know for sure. Health in general is not about doing a whole bunch of stuff and overwhelming yourself. It's about the small victories...taking it one meal at a time...one day at a time. Come on and join us!

I'm under the dryer deep conditioning with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm after a 10 minute protein treatment (used Colorful Neutral protein filler). My hair is feeling amazing.

For the month of October, I'll be doing 4 braids instead of 6 after washing. Gotta switch it up every month to avoid breakage.

Marguerite's Magic is gonna be my Holy Grail for my buns or any kind of protective style from now on!

I put some in my hair yesterday for work. I expected my hair to feel dry and parched as it usually does the following day, this morning...

Guuuuuuuurrrrrl! :lick:

My hair was moisturized as if I had just put the Magic in! I only put a pea size amount on my edges and my ends for my bun for good measure.

I'm so glad I found this product! I was having a really hard time finding something to keep my hair moisturized since it's gotten longer.

@SmilingElephant Looking good Sis!

I've been trying to come on and update anytime I do something to my hair that way I can remember to stay active. :look:

This morning I deep conditioned on dry hair with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, rinsed, then cleansed my scalp with Curl Junkie Daily Fix. Speaking of Daily Fix...here's a tip for anyone who uses this. I'm able to dilute it and turn 1 bottle into 4. It is uber thick so when I open a new bottle, I pour around 3 ounces into a 12 ounce bottle and fill the rest with hot water. Shake like crazy and bam...a whole new bottle.

IMG_0861.JPG

The bottle on the right is a brand new undiluted bottle compared to one I diluted on the left. The diluted one is still thick and still gets my scalp/hair clean.

Back