Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

ckisland

vmerie , um um uh!! I just can't :ill: . I'm a victim of a gorgeous hair overload :lol:!!! Your hair is incredible :notworthy. Off to search for your reggie. . . and all of you posts :look:

vmerie

Undercover superhero
Here are the pics as requested.

This is how I kept my hair styled for years. The front was long and the rest of my hair was layered short. I cut it myself. These were the days of grease, pink oil moisturizer, queen helene cholesterol, sulfate shampoos, cone-filled conditioners and styling products, and kiddie detangler. :nono::nono: All these things are banned from my current regimen.

Then:

Now:

Then:

Now:

Hopefully I inspired someone.

Last edited:

Cersei

Thanks for all the pics vmerie. So gorgeous. :drool:

I'm so frustrated right now. I twist and bun my hair 90% of the time, even got it trimmed in August, yet it's full of split ends yet again. :nono:

Aireen

Conditioned my hair really well last night with my Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin Conditioner. The little damaged area in front is waaaay better now.

Aireen

That moment when you look in a mirror and you're surprised at how long and thick your hair looks. <-- Haven't had that kind of moment in about 2 years, feels good.

Aireen

Trying to slowly work through my huge hoard of products. I haven't been tempted to buy anything new in a while. :drunk:

smores

Hi Ladies! I just came to this thread for inspiration pics and to cheer y'all on! Good luck and happy (continued growing)!! :thumbsup::yay::cheers::trampolin:bouncegre

:fan::fan::fan::fan::fan:

vmerie

Undercover superhero
vmerie I am definitely inspired. How long did it take you to get from "then" to "now"?
trclemons
I have not been consistently growing my hair thus the need to use the words "then" and "now".

When I decided to actually grow it out, I was a little above BSL which was in July 2012.
Most recent length check November 2013.

Last edited:

ChocolatePie777

May flat iron my hair for thanksgiving....I was going to wait till the end of the year but my hair feels sooo ready.....ugh....I don't want to risk damaging it though....I haven't flat ironed in maybe 2-3years

If I do ill def stretch with curlformers (maybe tonight or tommorow)...instead of blow drying.. .

I just need to find a heat protectant

BostonMaria

That is what I'm talking about! Don't let these stylists run you when you are paying them, :yep: .

She didn't ask twice because she knows I'm not playing LOL :lol:

Congrats! BostonMaria! Are you concerned about heat damage from the salon? What methods did they use?

I'm not concerned about heat damage, but I definitely won't go back for at least 6-8 months. There's no way I'd put my hair through that every week and think I'd still have hair.

vmerie

Undercover superhero
vmerie

Beautiful hair :lick:

Did you take vitaims? High protein! How ling do you keep your twists in before redoing them?

SubscribeI take a regular multivitamin but I am not consistent. I have a regular diet. I do not do twists on a regular anymore but when I did I usually kept them in for more than a month. I now wear my hair usually tucked away during the week in a bun.

How do I find your picture trail album?
I updated the info in my About Me section of my profile.

vmerie. That is still some awesome growth. Thanks for the motivating photos.

trclemonsYou're welcome! :wave:

leona2025

Aireen

I want to join. This is my ultimate hair goal and I will probably stop trying to grow at this point.

Details:

- Current length + hair type : Touching WL, Hair type idk

- Regimen - My reggie is super simple. I wash with shampoo (doesn't matter what kind) once a week. I DC in the shower for however long I'm in there with ORS Olive Hair Masque or ORS the goat conditioner in my avi.

- Exact goal length - Hip length is good for me

- Goal date - The last day of 2014. lol That will be December 31th. Hopefully enough time.
- Plans - No drastic changes. Leave the bleach alone. Not using heat a lot. Stay on top of conditioning. I'm bunning and ponytailing.

- Maintenance once goal is achieved - Same as above. I won't be changing my reggie.

My Start length is below: (I will be back lol)

Aireen

Ladies, by the end of December/beginning of January, I'll mention everyone in a post for updates and also to find out if you're still in the challenge for the last year. Just wanted to let you know! ;)