Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

oh divachyk you are hilarious:lachen: :lachen: As for joining I think you've been drinking on this sunday evening:lol: I'm aiming for wl in 2013 - the end of 2013:grin:

Current Length: not quite MBL so I'm forced to claim BSL
Regimen: PS, cowash as needed, DC 1x weekly (detailed regi in LHCF blog)
Plans: Baby ends, monitor split ends and mid shaft splits, trim as needed with split ender
Hip Length Date: 31 Dec 2012

Cheering everyone on! If I don't reach hip length by Dec 31st I may have to join you ladies for a few months. I was about a 1/2 inch away back in Oct.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

This thread made me flatiron to do a length ck and I have to say that I didn't meet my goal for this yr and I know that I wont because I had to trim .5 to 1" because they were hard and the comb or brush was getting tangled in it so I know it had to go. I rather have healthy ends than ends that are just going to make the rest of my hair fall out. I am so glad I caught this now, so I thank you for starting this.

Vitals

Current Length: BSL

Regimen: Wash and DC every 7 to 10 days. Apply leave in and grease. Baggy hair

Plans: Protective style, take multivitamin, trim ends as needed, and RELAX! :grin:

Hip Length Date: DEC 31st 2012!!!

LET'S GO, BABY!!! Grrr!
far87o.png

Yay!!! Good Luck Girls!!!! I'll cheer you on from the sidelines and wait for the Hip Length 2013 lol :)

Happy Growin!

You know what, I'm not only cheering from the sidelines but I'm joining too! Hey why not?! LOL! :lachen:

Current Length: not sure right now (somewhere between BSL & MBL) Will do a length check next month as a starting pic.

Regimen: Protective style 104% of the time.

Plans: Vitamins and Wigs :lol:

Current Length: hl

Regimen: er i should be more consistent but it is cowash weekly(suave almond shea ) clarify monthly (suave clarifying shampoo), protein treatment every 4 weeks. Moisturize with aloe vera juice + suave almond conditioner/avocado oil(sometimes), seal with sunflower oil and then some type of grease. Oh and lots of bunning.

Plans: wigs for the winter, maybe until the end of april actually. Bunning. I'll be cutting off my relaxed ends somewhere in between this december and april.

Hip Length Date: ??? Maybe August

Can you please add me Janet? I don't think I will make it this year (2011) but I might be close. I will definitely be going for Hiplength in the new year. I have decided that I won't go past hip though. I am STILL transitioning.

Current Length: Past Waist

Regimen: I gave up on reggies.

Plans: I think I am going to try rollersetting my hair this year. My hair shrinks up and tangles really badly so I have to be careful as I am transitioning and still going for length.

Hip Length Date: May 2012

Last edited:
You know what, I'm not only cheering from the sidelines but I'm joining too! Hey why not?! LOL! :lachen:

Hell if you're in, I'm in!! F the sidelines!!! :) I know I wont make it but it'll be fun trying!! hehe

I'll be back later with starting point and info

Okay JJamiah must be on that wacky tabacky if she tagged me in this challenge. I :love: ya but yeah...not happening. I'll cheer you ladies on from the sidelines as I TRY to reach APL next year lol

October-16.jpg

Current starting point is above (as of October 18th) I would say an inch or so above bra strap? It's growing well, I was APL after my cut in July.
I'll take another pic on New Years Eve and update my starting point.

Regimen:
My current regimen for the winter is:

• weekly wash and deep condition
  • either airdry then flatiron or put in twists for the week
  • moisturize or oil ends every other night

Plan:
DO NOT CUT MY HAIR NO MATTER WHAT INSANITY COMPELS ME!

Hip Length Date:
Not 2012 I'll tell ya that much!:lol: I'd say December 2013 to be realistic!

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

I was tagged???? Im not even close to APL :D anyway i will watch you ladies grow and like the rest, cheer you all from the sidelines.

Can you please add me Janet? I don't think I will make it this year (2011) but I might be close. I will definitely be going for Hiplength in the new year. I have decided that I won't go past hip though. I am STILL transitioning.

Current Length: Past Waist

Regimen: I gave up on reggies.

Plans: I think I am going to try rollersetting my hair this year. My hair shrinks up and tangles really badly so I have to be careful as I am transitioning and still going for length.

Hip Length Date: May 2012

NikkiGirl...How long has it been now and how much more do you have before you are 100% natural? It seems like forever!!:ohwell:

October-16.jpg

Current starting point is above (as of October 18th) I would say an inch or so above bra strap? It's growing well, I was APL after my cut in July.
I'll take another pic on New Years Eve and update my starting point.

Regimen:
My current regimen for the winter is:

• weekly wash and deep condition
  • either airdry then flatiron or put in twists for the week
  • moisturize or oil ends every other night

Plan:
DO NOT CUT MY HAIR NO MATTER WHAT INSANITY COMPELS ME!

Hip Length Date:
Not 2012 I'll tell ya that much!:lol: I'd say December 2013 to be realistic!

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

Whimsy who knows? With all those prenat vits you'll be taking, your hair might be butt length in 6 months :lol: :lol:

@NikkiGirl...How long has it been now and how much more do you have before you are 100% natural? It seems like forever!!:ohwell:

It does seem like forever. I will make two years transitioning at the end of this year (December 31st to be exact). I will go for three years I think. I just don't want to cut my hair. I have contemplated it and I would be at BSL natural, but I am like NOPE! :lol: I would prefer to at least be MBL natural before I cut.

It does seem like forever. I will make two years transitioning at the end of this year (December 31st to be exact). I will go for three years I think. I just don't want to cut my hair. I have contemplated it and I would be at BSL natural, but I am like NOPE! :lol: I would prefer to at least be MBL natural before I cut.

NikkiGirl I definitely understand, I was a longterm transitioner myself--it took me 2 years and some change and I was only CBL (collarbone length). Take as much time as you need! How often are you trimming?

LMAO yup! Then all fall out with the post partum shedding :(:nono:

Whimsy Dang!!! You ain't neva lied:lol::look::lol::look:

Back