Hip Length Challenge 2010

You ladies are soo encouraging!! :D This is why love LHCF so much!! Its a real sisterhood :yep:

**schipperchow---that little hero smiley is cute..i've never seen it before!! :hero: I LOVE IT!!

I plan on bunning more and wearing my hair down less and go back to using less heat for a while. When it starts warming up some more i go back to co-washing more often and keep using my beloved JBCO!!

I would like to join if it's not too late. Mainly I plan on keeping my hair in twists. I would like to start hennaing on a more regular basis like every 3 months. I think I have about 5 - 6 inches that I need, so hopefully I'll be at least scrapping hip length by the end of the year. Here's my starting pic.

Attachments

• 12.27.09 update.jpg
    12.27.09 update.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 94
^^^
Goodness gracious Dee Raven where have you been hiding all that beautiful, long hair? So lush and soooo beautiful. Are you 4a/4b?

it is... i'm quite pleased with my growth so far... still not sure if i've hit mbl or not. i figure if its not a "for sure" mbl then i should hold off on claiming it lol

I think I have gained .5 inch in 3 weeks...yeah! I hoping to soon give it a good trim. So nice to see everyone with such great progress.

i'm gonna try and not trim at all in '010. i'm in a no trim challenge but i did tell them i would choose health over the challenge and if need be i would abort lol but i think i can do it. i've been really good to my ends and i think i can go the yr (or most of it) with out a trim

I would like to join if it's not too late. Mainly I plan on keeping my hair in twists. I would like to start hennaing on a more regular basis like every 3 months. I think I have about 5 - 6 inches that I need, so hopefully I'll be at least scrapping hip length by the end of the year. Here's my starting pic.

Welcome Dee Raven! HHG!

OK...
I'm going for it!

.....:S not sure if it's even realistic but it's a goal and that means I can make it...eventually! After my salon visit next month I'll update if ai need to drop out lol

Bumping for the Hip Length Challengers

My Crown & Glory braids are almost done. It's hard doing the braids at this point because they don't really make fake hair in the length that I need. So I have to try to stretch it out and cobble it together, which ends up looking a bit chewed up at the ends :cry3: Now I remember why I stopped wearing them!

I know what you are talking about LadyPaniolo. I was thinking about putting braids in until the summer but it is getting harder to stretch the hair and make it look good.

Hi, I'm interested in joining this challenge.

I've been maintaining WL but suddenly I feel like this is not long enough for me :look:. Hairanorexia, I know lol.I would like to go to hip so i can wear it with curls and it still be WL. Well anyways, is it to late to join?

Here is my starting pic. 6 months post rollerset. Stretching it to show actual length:
smaller-vi.jpg

I've been maintaining WL but suddenly I feel like this is not long enough for me :look:. Hairanorexia, I know lol.I would like to go to hip so i can wear it with curls and it still be WL. Well anyways, is it to late to join?

Here is my starting pic. 6 months post rollerset. Stretching it to show actual length:
smaller-vi.jpg

What is you avatar picture? It's really pretty and interesting!

Hey MariposaSexyGirl... you haven't been posting lately... good to see you here.

I know how you feel about the hair anorexia. I still feel like my hair is really short... which leads to strange moments when I'm watching TV and drooling over "long" hair and then I realize HEY! My hair is longer than hers! lol

But my goal has been classic length all along :yep: I really really hope I can make it that far. :pray: First will be hip in 2010, then Full Hip length in 2011, with Tailbone in 2012 :pray:

I love this thread, I love that we can encourage each other. Sometimes it seems like once you reach somewhat longer lengths the other posters don't want to hear about reaching even higher... know what I mean?

What is you avatar picture? It's really pretty and interesting!

Im not even sure. I love butterflies and I went to google to search for a picture that represented my SN and I really liked this one. A woman of color with butterfly wings with flowing long hair and I thought it fit:grin: lol.

Hey MariposaSexyGirl... you haven't been posting lately... good to see you here.

I know how you feel about the hair anorexia. I still feel like my hair is really short... which leads to strange moments when I'm watching TV and drooling over "long" hair and then I realize HEY! My hair is longer than hers! lol

But my goal has been classic length all along :yep: I really really hope I can make it that far. :pray: First will be hip in 2010, then Full Hip length in 2011, with Tailbone in 2012 :pray:

I love this thread, I love that we can encourage each other. Sometimes it seems like once you reach somewhat longer lengths the other posters don't want to hear about reaching even higher... know what I mean?

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I enjoy this threads too.I dont feel so alone lol.

Yeah its been awhile since I've posted . Been so busy lately with the my newborn daughter and getting everything and my family adjusted.

Your hair is already a nice length:yep: Don't be sad....maybe you just need to work on retention.

Thanks for the encouragement! I have been "babying" my ends because I am trying to keep every strand intact:yep:.
I was really just disappointed by the set back of an entire year, because I know better than going outside of my normal reggie':perplexed.
I am happy for this thread.:drunk:

just checking in lol how's everyones growth going?

I have a partial weave right now.
90% of my hair is in cornrows.
I am spraying it 2 x's a day w/ leave in conditioner.
Washing weekly, and hope to retain some length and thickness this way.

*btw you have had great progress!

... I love this thread, I love that we can encourage each other. Sometimes it seems like once you reach somewhat longer lengths the other posters don't want to hear about reaching even higher... know what I mean?

I know what you mean, too. Except for my bangs that don't want to grow out, most of my hair is already hip-length, so I am not joining you all in this challenge (unless I do decide to cut off the "scraggly ends" after all). But I have been lurking, and am here to cheer you all on. :yep:

:yay: Congratulations on the new baby, MariposaSexyGirl! :yay:

And yamilee21, thanks for coming in here to hang out and encourage us! I can't wait till I am where you are!

since that pic disapeared, my starting pic is going to be the second pic of my siggy.

i think i have 4inches to goooo until HL, correct me if im wrong. (looks around)

Last edited:

Wonderful...I think I had joined one of your MBL or WL challenges but failed:blush:

am i qualified to join this challenge?? if so, im INNNN

Of course you're qualified!

OK...
I'm going for it!

.....:S not sure if it's even realistic but it's a goal and that means I can make it...eventually! After my salon visit next month I'll update if ai need to drop out lol
We will never know what we can achieve if we don't try!

Count me in.

Counted!

:wow:4 more ladies who've decided to join the challenge. Welcome! Please share what you are doing to reach your goals:yep:

If there are any lurkers who want to join, :curtain: please let me know before Jan 14, 2010 because I will not add anyone else to the list after this date.

Happy Hair Growing everyone!

Back