High Protein 3 month Challengers Check-in!!!!

This morning I had a protein shake with soy milk and plain yogurt which totaled 34 grams of protein. I did take my digestive enzymes. Here are my starting pictures, keeping in mind that I just flat-ironed to take the picture. If I was going to wear my hair down, I would have done a much better job of it; it wouldn't be looking so raggedy.

ETA: My Smart Ones lunch has 20 grams of protein...I would have guessed 10, but I just checked the box, plus I am going to eat a piece of baked chicken my colleague brought in, but I don't know how many grams that is.

Attachments

• StartingPoint.jpg
    StartingPoint.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This is my first post. I am consuming roughly 110 g of protein daily in the form of shakes, poultry & fish. Im drinking at least 100 oz of water a day. Its really easy because like Whip I have given up sodas so I just use Walmart Brand Add-ins ( orange sunrise is the best !!!)

My order of Twin Lab Amino Fuel should be arriving this week so I will see how many grams of protein are in that.

I’m not a big eater and I don’t have much time to eat during he day. IS there anyway I cab consume about 100-120g without eating so much? Like a protein shakes etc..

Lebiya said:
I’m not a big eater and I don’t have much time to eat during he day. IS there anyway I cab consume about 100-120g without eating so much? Like a protein shakes etc..

Yeah some of the other ladies are doing shakes. There's some info earlier in this thread.

lunch = 14g

snag = 15g protein bar

Dinner estimated about 25 - 30 g

I know this is not near the 100g that I need... I'll have two protein bars tomorrow.

***I had a 12oz can of tuna with romaine salad-->65gs!!!!!(13gs based on 5 servings in the can.) I pretty much eat tuna a lot unitl it gets old.

***3 eggs(each 6.5 gs each/Eggland organic)----->19.5gs

***2 protein shakes----->44gs

***1 chicken breast----> don't know

Total not counting chicken breast: 128.5gs (that darn tuna!)

I've also being drinking close to 64ozs of water a day in addition to the water I consume during workouts. I need to get some digestive enzymes to make sure my body is absorbing the protein. Also, my scalp is sore. I had to get my SO to massage it the last night.

I am taking one scoop of whey protein per day. My scalp is sore also, I didn't know that was a side effect of protein. Also what effects does it have on the menstrual cycle?

So far ive consumed 63g of protein...

13g fried eggs
38g protein shake
08g sardine
04g poptarts
63g total

My scalp has been itching up a storm

Last edited:
WhipEffectz1 said:
***I had a 12oz can of tuna with romaine salad-->65gs!!!!!(13gs based on 5 servings in the can.) I pretty much eat tuna a lot unitl it gets old.

***3 eggs(each 6.5 gs each/Eggland organic)----->19.5gs

***2 protein shakes----->44gs

***1 chicken breast----> don't know

Total not counting chicken breast: 128.5gs (that darn tuna!)

I've also being drinking close to 64ozs of water a day in addition to the water I consume during workouts. I need to get some digestive enzymes to make sure my body is absorbing the protein. Also, my scalp is sore. I had to get my SO to massage it the last night.

Do the protein shakes make you feel full? My protein bars made me feel like I just ate a huge meal.

Keen said:
Do the protein shakes make you feel full? My protein bars made me feel like I just ate a huge meal.

Yessss!

So far today I've been slacking. I have only consumed the following:

***protein shake-44gs
***chicken breast--don't know, maybe 12 gs????

I still have the whole day ahead of me. Just gotta remember to keep up with the water intake. My scalp is still sore/tender/or whatever you want to call it. I had the itchies a couple of days ago. I can't wait until the end of the month so see some progress!

gn1g said:
I am taking one scoop of whey protein per day. My scalp is sore also, I didn't know that was a side effect of protein. Also what effects does it have on the menstrual cycle?

I really don't know the question to that concerning menstral cycles. As to the soreness of our scalp, I've read several threads where people attribute it to growth spurts...meaning tis growing. I don't know for sure but my scalp has become sore since I've started this high protein challenge. I sure hope its something good!

I'm slacking today...

Yogurt 5g
Small Italian sandwich from Quiznos - 40g?
Cup of Cheese Broccoli Soup from Quiznos - 10g?
Small turkey burger w/ Collard greens - 15g?
String cheese - 6g
Pepperonis - 5g
Peanuts - 3g
12 oz glass of milk - 12g

Last edited:
I don't know my exact total, but I eat 2-3 eggs.

A can of beans. And chicken,

Veggies, fruit.

I've been either just shy of my total or just over.

I need to get some protein shakes...

Ok, I love eggs.

HAHAH

And yogurts!

Ladies...How many grams are in one Boiled Egg?

I went to a calorie counter site and it doesnt tell me the protein count.
Anyone know of a site that will give that kind of info that you dont mind sharing?

Letitia said:
Ladies...How many grams are in one Boiled Egg?

I went to a calorie counter site and it doesnt tell me the protein count.
Anyone know of a site that will give that kind of info that you dont mind sharing?

Hey! There's about 6-6.5 grams of protein in each egg as I understand. I got my information from the eggs I use at www.eggland.com

Today I've consumed:

12 oz can of tuna and salad- 65gs
2 Protein shakes- 44 gs

I haven't been eating that much. The protein shakes are doing it for me. My scalp is still sore.

So far today...

Chick-fil-A 8 piece nuggets 26g
2 servings of protein shake 66g

92g of protein...will probably eat a cheese string thing, bringing me up to 99g

today was a GOOD day

jaded_faerie said:
2 Servings of protein shake 66gprotein
3 helpings of cheese 21g protein

87g protein thus far

Jade, which protein shake are you using?

GNC brand whey brand protein shake, its 20g in each heap....i take 2 1/2 heaps which is 50g of protein mixed with 16oz of skim milk

Last edited:
Breakfast: approx. 40 g

Snack: (10 almonds) approx. 3 g

Lunch: approx. 24 g

Dinner: hopefully at least 20 g to bring me up to 87 g for the day.

jaded_faerie said:
GNC brand whey brand protein shake, its 20g in each heap....i take 2 1/2 heaps which is 50g of protein mixed with 16oz of skim milk

Do you like the taste?

preciousjewel76 said:
Breakfast: approx. 40 g

Snack: (10 almonds) approx. 3 g

Lunch: approx. 24 g

Dinner: hopefully at least 20 g to bring me up to 87 g for the day.

Have you lost weight?

I've lost 7lbs since starting this challenge!

gn1g said:
Have you lost weight?

I've lost 7lbs since starting this challenge!

Good for you! I haven't lost weight lately, but I've lost weight since I started eating more protein over the last couple of months. I think it's due to the fact that the protein helps curb your appetite and cravings.

Back