Hide Your Hair Until Christmas Challenge!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

The purpose of this challenge is to keep your hair hidden from the public and as much of your family as possible until Christmas. You can use various methods to hide your hair (buns, braids, weaves, updos, etc). Any style where you can't see the length of the hair; therefore your ends will be protected.

We will also be hiding our hair from each other (Great idea from CandyC). That means no posting progress pics until Christmas. You can take them and save them just don't make them public. Also when you attend LHCF area meetings your hair should be hidden as well. I know this wil be hard for some of us, but it will be fun and we will get to be shocked at each other's progress.

The key is to never show your hair length at all, not even for a day. The purpose is to surprise everyone with your hair growth 6 months from now, while also benefit from protective styling.

As always continue to treat your hair even while it's hidden.

This challenge fits in well with other challenges that I'm on (no heat/low heat challenge, grow like a weed challenge, etc.)

We will check in monthly, however feel free to check in as needed.

Please feel free to join this challenge at any time. Include the styles that you will be using to hide your hair.

Last edited:
Challengers so far:

SexySin985
bmoreflyygirl
kbody4
JazzyDez
plove
nikkipoo
Cooyah
Puddles
anatomicallycorrect
BabyImaStarr
CandyC
michc
CantBeCopied
CurliDiva
Blackbird77
itsmehmmkay
CandiceC
Alliyasmom
prettykinks
trimbride
assumertyme
nelli711
londa70
ChiChiKinks
Nikki86
MissPriss08
teressa9
felicia
naturaline
YummyC
ThinNappy
so so chic
SNyeema
Luvableboo
planodiva
ivanay
ONASHN
EbonyPerez
amara11
Relaxedhairchica22
asha
keldevine
carribean_dream
tsmith
punchinella
Letitia
renae226
Mama Cita
ayoung1981
thenappygirl17
bettytoo
angellazette
misspriss
Shine-On
kinascott
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shashemane
tsmith
fallback
GoGoChik
Miz Complexity
Lucia
soun
renae226
PeachTreeCity404
Faith
jaded faerie
cmw45
missnurselady
Wishin4BSL
OneInAMillion
Sabina
stunningmane
Lana
Pretty Nappy Hair
SILKE74
churchie
Ms Twana
nubiangoddess3
Hair2day

Keep joining ladies...we'll be in for a nice present come Christmas time!

Last edited:
Hmm... I've been weaving regularly since school started, but I'm starting to get tired of the weaves. I need to figure out some new styles. Maybe I'll just start going to the salon every 2 weeks and get it pinned up.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Hmm... I've been weaving regularly since school started, but I'm starting to get tired of the weaves. I need to figure out some new styles. Maybe I'll just start going to the salon every 2 weeks and get it pinned up.

I can understand that. Have you thought about a phonypony. I love mine. I got it from www.phonyponies.com

BabyImaStarr said:
I'm in too.

My first challenge!! :D

Yay!!!!

You have made amazing progress. I love looking in your album for inspiration. You should post your pics in the comparison pics thread.

I added you above also. What styles will you be wearing?

yeh i'll do this, but only until maybe August then show it off for week then back up again till oct,nov..is that ok? Sorry i'm bendin the rules !!!

Candy_C said:
yeh i'll do this, but only until maybe August then show it off for week then back up again till oct,nov..is that ok? Sorry i'm bendin the rules !!!

:spank: That's for bending the rules! But yeah it's ok. Do what works for you. I just want to have that wow factor come Christmas time. Your hair already wows me :D .

Welcome to the challenge!

RabiaElaine said:
Yay!!!!

You have made amazing progress. I love looking in your album for inspiration. You should post your pics in the comparison pics thread.

I added you above also. What styles will you be wearing?

Thanks!!

I think I will be alternating between braids, buns, and flat twists. I made an appointment to get my flat twists tomorrow. I think that after I return from the beach in July I may get some braids. I am not good with keeping braids in very long. The longest I have gone is about 2 months.

BabyImaStarr said:
Thanks!!

I think I will be alternating between braids, buns, and flat twists. I made an appointment to get my flat twists tomorrow. I think that after I return from the beach in July I may get some braids. I am not good with keeping braids in very long. The longest I have gone is about 2 months.

I personally don't think one should go longer than 2 months, so you're ok. I keep mine for 6 weeks max now. This will be my last set of braids for a while though, I do my own and they take entirely too long to put in now that my hair is shoulder length. I don't have the patience right now. So I'll be weaving for the most part, and then wearing my quick weave or phonypony when I take down my weaves to rest.

OOOOooohhh I likey likey this challenge. I'm soooo in! It will work extremely well with the APL challenge and Vitamins challenge that I am on.

I'll wear buns, phoney ponies and possibly braids until christmas. :grin:

Yeah, I love this idea. Cept, I need at least a once a month pass to wear my hair down one weekend a month. Can I do it that way? If I can do that, then I will be able to make it to December. I have some events and stuff coming up and I need to be fly erry'now and then. :look:

michc said:
OOOOooohhh I likey likey this challenge. I'm soooo in! It will work extremely well with the APL challenge and Vitamins challenge that I am on.

I'll wear buns, phoney ponies and possibly braids until christmas. :grin:

I'm on the APL challenge too! Hope to get the last 3 inches to reach APL (only the longest layer will get there) between now and Christmas with this challenge.

Welcome!! Adding you to the list.

CantBeCopied said:
Yeah, I love this idea. Cept, I need at least a once a month pass to wear my hair down one weekend a month. Can I do it that way? If I can do that, then I will be able to make it to December. I have some events and stuff coming up and I need to be fly erry'now and then. :look:

Sure CBC! I understand people have obligations that they need to wear certain styles for.

What styles will you be wearing for this challenge?

Count me in!:D

This sounds like FUN, but I plan to cheap in August by get my first BLOW OUT wich will be my reward for reach shoulder length!

I put braids in my hair in April and i started redoing them this month
but after this month I'm only redoing the front. (out of laziness)
What do you all think is going to happen to my hair when i take them out in Nov.

This will be so easy for me! I am currently trying the crown and glory method and plan on doing so for 6 mo.(Christmas). I know by Christmas my hair will be alot further along(length wise) than it is now.:)

Candy_C said:

Yeah I think I may have to wear it out just once for maybe like 2 days but only when I get a touch up. I cant have my bouncy lovely hair after a fresh relaxer hiding like that :lol: . My next touchup will be in early july then again early october Then again just before the holidays. Most people wont see it though....just the people who happen to be around me at that time...plus I usually get a relaxer on a fri night, wear my hair out for the weekend and back to instant weaves on Monday....I'm sure my co-workers think Im baldheaded! :lachen: oh well! :look:

I'm in on this challenge.

I'll need at least three passes though just in case my husband sees my hair out between now and Christmas. It won't be done though so maybe that doesn't count.

RabiaElaine said:
Sure CBC! I understand people have obligations that they need to wear certain styles for.

What styles will you be wearing for this challenge?

Thank you! I'll wear my tried and true buns mostly. High buns, low buns, side buns....that's mainly all I ever wear when it's "put up". After my relaxer in mid-July, I may be able to swing some new updo styles and I promise to try my hardest to keep away from family during the times I have to wear it down. I also promise to make extra effort to consider other styles first before I resort to wearing it down once a month. Maybe there are some options I am not seeing. I'm excited! :weird:

Add me to the list! Currently I am doing Crown and Glory so I can add this in also. I wear braids all the time. I switch between box braids with extensions and box braids with my own hair. Happy Growing everyone :)

Count me in too. I am even going to hide my hair from my soon to be husband. I am going into a weave this weekend for my Wedding and honeymoon in 9 days. I will keep the weave for 6-8 weeks then get a relaxer. I will wear buns and phony ponies. I will wear a bun with a sideswept bang only when I go out on a special occasion. I want to prove him wrong so bad. I can't wait to see his face in December when he sees my hair. It should be at least shoulder length by then.

I hate that he doesn't truly believe in me:mad:

I will show him...and his little dog too

(Laughs sinisterly and exits thread)

add me in too chile...i stay in weaves and braids, and when i am not in some type of extnsions..my hair is in a afro, so they can tell its growing but i get soo much shriknage they can never tell what length my hair is...

Back