Hide Your Hair Til April Fools 2007 Challenge

I'm down for this as I wouldn't be getting a touch up until around this time....

Add MonaLisa please:)

*I just got me a fresh new wig today too......*:lol:

Can anyone tell me whats before APL(armpit length correct??)(and before that if there is such a thing!! I want to see where i'm at!)

I'm in. You ladies have inspired me to do better by my hair !
Right now I'm in braids.

Last edited:
What's up ladies. I'm posting for the first time and am very excited about it. I have been lurking for the last year and have learned a lot from this board. You can count me into the challenge.:D

I'm in :) I'll be using braids, buns, and a possible sew-in to hide my hair. I initially wanted to do micros, but my hair has gotten too long for them:grin: but, I got tremendous growth with them, so I think cornrolls will be just as good. I'm learning less is more with my hair, and deep conditioning has been a miracle in the condition of my hair. I'm also thinking about trying Henna ;) I'm hoping to get to brastrap by Feb, but I know I'll be there for sure by April! :D I'm excited already!

I'm in...I plan on stretching my relaxer for 3 months anyway so it'll be perfect. I can't wait.:grin:

After seeing how great all you ladies hair came out, I have been waiting for yall to start one the new year so I could join. Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in! I'm getting a sew-in today, and I'm trying to reach BSL by the Fall, so this challenge will fit in nicely.

I'm in on this challenge. I'm trying to get to waistlength and I want to get as close as possible. I'll be wearing a bun until April 1 and I may try an instant weave.

MonaLisa said:
I'm down for this as I wouldn't be getting a touch up until around this time....

Add MonaLisa please:)

*I just got me a fresh new wig today too......*:lol:

I wanna see the wig :yep:

Count me in, I plan on being braided or twisted up all next year anyway

Think I'll join this one. I'll likely hide my hair in a bun and/or baggy with a phony pony. This may be a good time to stretch my relaxer as well. I can't seem to make up my mind whether I want to transition or stretch (LOL). So this will give me the perfect opportunity to just leave it alone.

Lucia said:
I think you're allowed to relax as long as you put your hair up in a protective/hiding style when you leave the salon.

Lucia's right. I relaxed in the middle of the last challenge but I kept hiding even right after relaxing.

Wishin4BSL said:
Can Bootcamp ladies participate in this challenge even though we have to update every month? Can I just TELL how my hair is doing instead of posting pictures? If so, I would like to join this challenge this time!

Sure Bootcamp ladies can join. If you could just update them by telling them how they are doing that would be great, but if you have to post pics we won't :spank: , lol:lol: .

Good to have you :)

nelli711 said:
I'm in! I just bought some bun covers for $1.50 a piece so I am gonna keep my hair tucked away in a baggy for the challenge.

Can we see pics of the bun covers? Some others might be interested....:)

I'm in! I will be wearing sew-ins as my protective style. This will be a great graduation present for me. ( May 12,2007) I'm want to make it to APL or BSL will be even better. Happy Hair Growing to all I know we can do it!

locfreeme said:
I think I will try this time. Do updos count or does it have to really be hidden?

Updos count, as long as the ends are protected as much as possible and your length is hidden.

Back