HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15-DEC 31 2008

FALL HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15TH-DEC 31ST 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still bunning and this week I will be 10 weeks post relaxer :grin::grin::grin:

December 31st is almost here ladies..

Ladies if you decide to get a touch-up or flat iron your hair for Christmas and New Years Eve -->PLEASE POST YOUR PICTURES OF YOUR YEAR END PROGRESS..<--

Still bunning. I will blow dry tonight and wear it down tomorrow (wanna test out my new flat iron :grin:) but as soon as my event is over back in a bun it will go. So I'm using my second pass. I plan on straightening it one more time over the Christmas holidays - well maybe 2 - 1 at Christmas and 2 at New Years Eve. I'll definitely post a pic from New Years Eve. :yep:

I started a thread about my progress, but I wont use that as the final reveal. I'm still bunning!!:grin:

I am still bunning. My next touch up is not until Jan 09. I am currently 9 weeks post. I can not wait to see my results.

Lets keep it going ladies, i know we can do it!

I am almost 10 weeks post and have 4 weeks left and I'll post a picture of freshly relaxed hair. This stretch hasn't been as hard as I thought. My can still part through my hair but I am keeping my ng moisturized with SMT and CLT.

I will be ending my HYH journey a few weeks early. I will be going out of town so I need my stylist to relax me early. I will be getting a relaxer, clear gloss, and dusting. I can't wait!

I know some ladies were planning to reveal before the 31st because of Christmas/stylist appointments.

I'm waiting to see these updates!!! I need some inspiration ladies! :yep:

Well, this has been good for my 4w hair and I will post something on or about December 27,28,29. I have manage to stretch this time around for the longest and I have not had any breaking. I believe that I can carry on like this. I really don't want to relax now but I need progess pic for all of my challenges. My ng is coarse, woolly, thick and just plain evil but it really help when you have something to soften the ng up. I use SMT and CLT. I like SMT better because I don't have to go through changes. I will be on a personal HYH challenge in 2009. I have joined the Wig Challenge and I will continue to wiggit up in the oh nine. If there is a HYH Challenge in 2009. Sign me up!!!:yep:

I won't post pics b/c in the middle of the challenge I cut my hair. The ends were just too damaged (sorry no length inspiration here). BUT I did straighten it a few weeks ago and it was noticeably stronger and the ends were beautiful and smooth. So now I will be doing LHCF bootcamp 09 incorporating the same regimen.

I will be ending my HYH journey a few weeks early. I will be going out of town so I need my stylist to relax me early. I will be getting a relaxer, clear gloss, and dusting. I can't wait!

Your hair looks great! :yep:

I'm sitting under the dryer now with a rollerset. I'll flat iron each curl and then get my sis to take a pic so I can post my progress pics! :yep: (Probably Fri).

Ok ladies.. We are almost there :grin::grin:

I am 13 weeks post and will be relaxing within a week and will be posting an update.

I will also be starting another HYHC from Jan 5th - March 31st :grin::grin:

Dang, I should have joined this challenge, I hid my hair about 99.9% of the the time this year. Is there going to another one for the first 6 months of 2009. If so, I want to join that one please.

I have some pictures but they look horrible so I will be getting my son to retake the pictures tomorrow and I will post them then. I do not have the skill of taking self pictures so please forgive me.:ohwell:

Here is my before pic (Aug 27th)

Hair8-27-08-1.jpg

And my after pic (Dec 28th)
12-28-08resized.jpg

I really like the results that I got from wearing the protective styles and will continue to do it in 2009. But I do want to enjoy my hair as well and will probably wear it down once a week and for special occasions.

Last edited:
I'm on a workout challenge so I'm trying to figure out when I can flat iron my natural hair... LOL I know its going to be a waste of time to flat iron my hair other than to get a picture and my ends trimmed because I'm going to be sweating again the next day :lol:

I'm going to have bite the bullet and figure out the best day to do this soon so I can have my starting point picture for the next challenge....:scratchch

I really like the results that I got from wearing the protective styles and will continue to do it in 2009. But I do want to enjoy my hair as well and will probably wear it down once a week and for special occasions.

Great progress! I am in LOVE with your layers! I also agree with you about enjoying your hair.

That's why I don't know if I could be on a year long c&g or HYH challenge. I should be able to enjoy my hair after all the hard work I put into it.

Thanks carribean dream! I just curl and feather the back to create the layer look (learned how to do it from my stylist). I'm glad she showed me how to do it so that I don't have to have my hair cut in layers to get the look.

Thanks carribean dream! I just curl and feather the back to create the layer look (learned how to do it from my stylist). I'm glad she showed me how to do it so that I don't have to have my hair cut in layers to get the look.

I was told by a stylist that I had to get my hair cut like that in layers in order to get the "feather look" Could you please tell me how to do it?

Blair your hair has had amazing growth! :yep:

Anybody else ready to reveal?

I will **try** to do mine tomorrow. I don't think the growth has been significant though. But I do want to get a starting pic for the beginning of 2009. It will probably be wet or straight, unstyled hair. :ohwell:

Back