Here is my MN mix AGAIN

TwistNMx

Bumping up for clarifications:

1. It's o.k. to heat ALL ingredients together or would that kill the properties of the MN? (I find that if I leave my coconut oil in a warm room, it does melt nicely without actually heating.)

2. Once the mixture is applied to the scalp, is it o.k. to then massage and rub it in?

3. How often is the mixture applied to the scalp? Daily? Every other day? Twice a week?

To Iae06, looks like you got an inch a month or a bit more.

4. Can you explain other aspects of your regimen like shampoos/conditioner/deep conditioners/moisturizers?

5. Is this mixture drying? Does your scalp dry out?

6. Do you use any other growth aid? Topical or otherwise?

7. No side effects like headaches, dry scalp, dandruff?

Thanks, as always. I know all these questions are annoying, but you are helping so many women and we all appreciate it!! :kiss:

]

I add this mixture to my scalp evry 2 days at night
and wash every week ( now ) .. I clarify once per month ..
IF you have any questions about my mix feel free to use this thread to ask them . thanks ladies

I know you asked her, but I hope you don't mind me answering #3 for you.
HP

mrshicks2002

:scratchchWith all this talk about the family dollar brand I think that I am going to put it to the test for the rest of my MN stretch....

Go ahead Nikkipoo, girl you know how I feel about the family dollard brand also. Using this is really going to make you have alot of NG. I cant wait to see your updates in January.

iaec06

So you don't rub it into your scalp at all ?
no I don't rub it in my scalp .. but I know of other women that do .. I whole head baggy for a while for it to penetrate then I take off baggie in the morning or b4 bed .. I have my own little thing going on .. HTH

iaec06

1. It's o.k. to heat ALL ingredients together or would that kill the properties of the MN? (I find that if I leave my coconut oil in a warm room, it does melt nicely without actually heating.) I only melt the coconut oil seperate and then I melt the SULFUR 8... I think melting the MN will ruin it for sure

2. Once the mixture is applied to the scalp, is it o.k. to then massage and rub it in? yes it is ok to massage it in I just wear a plastic cap over my head for a few hours at night to let it penetrate .. but some wommen rub it in

3. How often is the mixture applied to the scalp? Daily? Every other day? Twice a week? you can apply it as much as you want to I just do it every 2 days because I don't want too much build up

To Iae06, looks like you got an inch a month or a bit more. yes I think i got about that much or so

4. Can you explain other aspects of your regimen like shampoos/conditioner/deep conditioners/moisturizers? before i started going to the dominicans I washed every 2 weeks after i took out my cornrows.. poos i use mane and tale, CON, and panteene
clarify with nexxus
DC i use ORS replenishing pack, ORS hair mayo, alter ego garlic
moisturizing conditon- CON
leave ins - salerm 21
ladies I used either or at different washes then I would blow dry my hair ..
now I only get roller set and i relax every 6 weeks

5. Is this mixture drying? Does your scalp dry out? my scalp does not dry out infact i thick my scalp stays moist all day long but i natually have dry hair that is why i add so many oils and stuff.

6. Do you use any other growth aid? Topical or otherwise? I do not use any other growth aid no vitamins no shakes no nothing i have in the past but I have alwasy been a person to try one thing alone and see it effect and since the MN has gien me the most growth I have stucked with it..
I need to start taking a multi vitamin though also I DRINK 6 BOTTLES OF WATER A DAY

7. No side effects like headaches, dry scalp, dandruff? back when i first heard about MN in feduary i tried it but did not add anything to it and boy did I get headches until later on that year I saw a lady on another forum with eye popping growth and then I was like I am going to try this again .. so I figured since evryone was making thier own MTG with all kinds of oils and stuff why not make my own mix of MN and me and Mrs Hicks started coming up with different mixes and voila ..

YOU ARE SOO WELCOME AND GREAT QUESTIONS

Last edited:

iaec06

Ditto. :yep:
I made my mixture last night. It seems to have turned out well. However, I'm just wondering if something went wrong because I my total mixture equalled 16 oz. :look:
Did anyone else notice this as well?
HP

HEY YOU WERE RIGHT i just looked at my bottles and they are 6oz bottles not 8oz ok so corrections the mix should be at leat 16-24 oz which is 4 6oz bottles ok ... sorry I have so much oils and junk everywhere I am getting confused

TwistNMx

HEY YOU WERE RIGHT i just looked at my bottles and they are 6oz bottles not 8oz ok so corrections the mix should be at leat 16-24 oz which is 4 6oz bottles ok ... sorry I have so much oils and junk everywhere I am getting confused
That's okay. I'm sure...I don't mind. I appreciate you sharing your progress and recipe. :sekret:

no I don't rub it in my scalp .. but I know of other women that do .. I whole head baggy for a while for it to penetrate then I take off baggie in the morning or b4 bed .. I have my own little thing going on .. HTH
I wonder if rubbing it in the scalp would cause headaches. Did you rub it in the scalp when you had headaches iaec06?

thank you :grin:
You're welcome.:happydance:

Last edited:

iaec06

That's okay. I'm sure...I don't mind. I appreciate you sharing your progress and recipe. :sekret:

I wonder if rubbing it in the scalp would cause headaches. Did you rub it in the scalp when you had headaches iaec06?

You're welcome.:happydance:
no i did the exact same thing as I do now it is just that the MN is more potent IMO if not diluted with other ingredients ..

gorgeoushair

Ditto. :yep:
I made my mixture last night. It seems to have turned out well. However, I'm just wondering if something went wrong because I my total mixture equalled 16 oz. :look:
Did anyone else notice this as well?
HP

Girl you did good.....all I got was 8 oz:lachen:So something went wrong on this end too:lachen: I got a full La India jar's worth.......2 tubes of MN, 1 jar 2oz Sulfur 8, castor oil, frenchees, vatika oil, sulfur, polysorbate 80, and peppermint oil. I'm waiting for my rosemary oil to arrive in the mail so I can put this in my mixture. I also have a little glycerine in my mixture.

Last edited:

Coffee

My husband is too cool! I asked him to stop by the family $1 store to pick up a couple of boxes of coochie cream, and he just said "ok". I then said it's for the hair on my head, he said "ok". I'm like, "aren't you going to say anything else", he said "no, nothing surprises me about you any more"!

bklynLadee

I played Mad scientist at like 2AM

I put everything in it but I did half of the ingredients...I also added Emu oil to the mixture because I heard its great for promoting growth.

I ended up with a nice creamy mixture...its a bit lumpy though? I dunno if its supposed to be smooth because I just stirred it around. I refuse to put it in a blender for a few reasons

1. cause Im gonna use my blender for food
2. cause I dont wanna risk loosing an ounce of my expensive mixture that just may stick to the blender.

Instead of using sulpher 8 i just bought some sulpher and mixed the powder into the mixture and stirred it up

I also added some Apple Pie fragrance to take away the black castor oil/sulpher stench!!! peee--eeuu :crossfingers:

I just took my braids out that I had in for two months..my hair thickend up really nicely but I made the mistake of going to the dominicans to get a wash and set so you KNOW they tore through my hair from the crown to the tips as opposed from workin from the bottom to the top!:wallbash:

I hope to take some :Flahsssss to track my progress maybe I can get a digi camera at one of the black friday sales!

Thanks for the Recipe!!

By the way did your mixture come out lumpy?

TwistNMx

My husband is too cool! I asked him to stop by the family $1 store to pick up a couple of boxes of coochie cream, and he just said "ok". I then said it's for the hair on my head, he said "ok". I'm like, "aren't you going to say anything else", he said "no, nothing surprises me about you any more"!

:lachen::lachen:That's so funny. It doesn't seem to move some men. I think our hair regimines really drive them :drunk: :lachen:You really made my day. :yep::lachen:

Girl you did good.....all I got was 8 oz:lachen:So something went wrong on this end too:lachen: I got a full La India jar's worth.......2 tubes of MN, 1 jar 2oz Sulfur 8, castor oil, frenchees, vatika oil, sulfur, polysorbate 80, and peppermint oil. I'm waiting for my rosemary oil to arrive in the mail so I can put this in my mixture. I also have a little glycerine in my mixture.

I used a kitchen scale to weigh everything except the sulfur 8 because I just used 1/2 the jar (2 of the 4 ounces).

TwistNMx

I played Mad scientist at like 2AM

I put everything in it but I did half of the ingredients...I also added Emu oil to the mixture because I heard its great for promoting growth.

I ended up with a nice creamy mixture...its a bit lumpy though? I dunno if its supposed to be smooth because I just stirred it around. I refuse to put it in a blender for a few reasons

1. cause Im gonna use my blender for food
2. cause I dont wanna risk loosing an ounce of my expensive mixture that just may stick to the blender.

Instead of using sulpher 8 i just bought some sulpher and mixed the powder into the mixture and stirred it up

I also added some Apple Pie fragrance to take away the black castor oil/sulpher stench!!! peee--eeuu :crossfingers:

I just took my braids out that I had in for two months..my hair thickend up really nicely but I made the mistake of going to the dominicans to get a wash and set so you KNOW they tore through my hair from the crown to the tips as opposed from workin from the bottom to the top!:wallbash:

I hope to take some :Flahsssss to track my progress maybe I can get a digi camera at one of the black friday sales!

Thanks for the Recipe!!

By the way did your mixture come out lumpy?
I added MTG to my mixture. I figured it couldn't hurt. :look:
I hope you get your camera. I promise you'll be hooked. :yep:

MuslimahTresses

How to measure the ingrediants was my next question. I know I can use a dropper for the essential oils but what about the other oils that are measured in oz. What should I use?

Mandy4610

girl if you see my batroom closet it is like a little lab with bottles and all kind of stuff .. I am so glad that your mix came out non greasy mine is not really oily buy my hair is so thick and dry all the time it sucks up everything I put on it ..
I am really inspired by your growth. WOW. Are you natural or relaxed?

tyte curlz

okay i m gonna try this thanks for the post but i have 2 questions b4 i start

1. DO U HAVE TO MELT THE MN OR COCONUT OIL OR CAN U JUST WHIP THEM IN ALL TOGETHER WITH THE OTHERS?

2.ARE U ACTUALLY MELTING THE MN SO THAT IT TURNS CLEAR OR SOMETHING?

TwistNMx

okay i m gonna try this thanks for the post but i have 2 questions b4 i start

1. DO U HAVE TO MELT THE MN OR COCONUT OIL OR CAN U JUST WHIP THEM IN ALL TOGETHER WITH THE OTHERS?

2.ARE U ACTUALLY MELTING THE MN SO THAT IT TURNS CLEAR OR SOMETHING?

1. It's o.k. to heat ALL ingredients together or would that kill the properties of the MN? (I find that if I leave my coconut oil in a warm room, it does melt nicely without actually heating.) I only melt the coconut oil seperate and then I melt the MN ... I think melting the MN will ruin it for sure
Here's her answer above. HTH
AS for me, I just melted the coconut oil and blended the other oils together and then whipped in the MN. It made since to me because the MN doesn't need any heat to soften it.
Also, I added the warm oils to the cream mixture gradually so that I would not melt the "hard" plastic container.
HTH

Last edited:

iaec06

I am really inspired by your growth. WOW. Are you natural or relaxed?

I am relaxed all the way and I love it .. i have been natural for 2 years and it was to hard to maintain because i had to get a press and curl which never last .. but this was ofcourse b4 I met LHCF and now I know you can do anything to natural hair so who knows what I will do in 2-5 years with my hair

iaec06

Here's her answer above. HTH
AS for me, I just melted the coconut oil and blended the other oils together and then whipped in the MN. It made since to me because the MN doesn't need any heat to soften it.
Also, I added the warm oils to the cream mixture gradually so that I would not melt the "hard" plastic container.
HTH

THANK YOU AGAIN ..

iaec06

omg THANKS to high Priestess I just read over my thread I do mot melt the MN I never do that I meant to put that I melt the coconout oil and the sulfur 8 grease I was so busy ansewring the questions from different hair fourums that all I could think of is MN MN MN AND GUESS WHAT I typed what I was thinking ... SO LADIES NO PLEASE DO NOT MELT THE MN IT WILL RUIN THE PROPERTIES OF IT IT WILL ... I am so sorry

iaec06

I put my cormrows in on wenesday and I have been using my mix ever since so I will take them out on the 12 of december but i took pics and i will keep you ladies updated ok .

bklynLadee

I had to share this story with you ladies

I asked my boyfriend to grease my scalp...when I showed him the bottle of the MN mixture he was like :nono: what in the world is this stuff??? I did NOT want to tell him I was puttin coochie cream on my scalp cuz good lord he'd be askin me 21 questions...

anyways he puts the stuff in my head and hes like babe its not greasy...and Im like ahhh yeah! I know! and he's like but you said 2 grease your scalp and I just smiled for one, he paid attention to my request to "grease" my scalp....2 I did recall someone mentioning that the recipie is not greasy at all....and I am also happy about that.

I just think its so cute that he would grease my scalp for me, he was so gentle awwww

he's soooo cute

SexySin985

I asked my boyfriend to grease my scalp...when I showed him the bottle of the MN mixture he was like :nono: what in the world is this stuff??? I did NOT want to tell him I was puttin coochie cream on my scalp cuz good lord he'd be askin me 21 questions...

anyways he puts the stuff in my head and hes like babe its not greasy...and Im like ahhh yeah! I know! and he's like but you said 2 grease your scalp and I just smiled for one, he paid attention to my request to "grease" my scalp....2 I did recall someone mentioning that the recipie is not greasy at all....and I am also happy about that.

I just think its so cute that he would grease my scalp for me, he was so gentle awwww

he's soooo cute

Awww, that's so cute. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

iaec06

Thanks for posting your mix Iae06. Your progress is wonderful. I am kind of mad at myself for not being intentional the first time you posted the mix. I have been only using the mn straight from the tube.

My mixture includes 2 tubes of mn, castor oil, coconut oil, EVOO, and Giovanni Direct. The 2nd ingredient in Giovanni Direct is Rosemary and countless other organic oils.

Do you all thing my hair will grow with these ingrediants? I just spent about $250.00:blush: in the last two weeks running behind suggestions from the LHCF. I can't bring myself to buying anything else. I believe that the active ingredients (2% plus 2% = 4%) MN is what helping the hair to speed up growth.
Is this the Family Dollar brand in the hot pink and green packaging?-- Just want to make sure...

Thanks ladies...

hey thanks for pm me about this quesion I missed this one .. yes My box is pink and green I am not sure if it is a different color but maybe others can chime in ..

iaec06

he's soooo cute

no it is not oily and besides if you have dry hair like me your hair will drink it up.. yes that is very sweet of him to grease your s calp now ask him to shave your BUNIONS :lachen: JUST KIDDING

bklynLadee

:lachen:hahahaha Omg I should shouldn't I. I nearly snapped on him for a second because he was really baffled by the fact that the mixture was not greasy at all...I ignored him at first until I realized he was serious. But yes my hair is dry and it drank it all up :lick:. I put on my plastic cap and a scarf to heat that yummy creamy goodness up and I applied some castor oil to my ends to make sure it stays nice and strong...the sad thing is is that I didnt put any water based leave in on my ends FIRST!!!:wallbash: I FORGOT.

Well I am going to mix that baby up really good, I think my mixture is lumpy because of the sulpher like you said Tasha via PM. Im just gonna boil some hot water afterwards and soak up my supplies.

Goodness I cannot WAIT for a month from now...I hope I get my t-shirt from dontspeakdefeat so I can really track my progress.