Henna/Indigo ladies please help!

Bella_Atl

My hair is currently brown/burgundy with light burgundyish highlights from hennaing my hair for about a year.

I want to change the color to brown with lighter brown highlights. I don't want to use chemicals and I don't think I can with the henna anyway.

I bought some indigo but I have no idea what to do with it. Do I mix it with the henna? 50/50? 60/40? I don't want black hair. I want the lightest shade of browns I can get. Is it possible after being burgundy? And if so what's the recipe?

Thanks so much ladies in advance!:grin:

Go to Mehandi.com and download their free e-book, Henna for Hair. It contains various combinations of henna and indigo to dye the hair from brown to dark brown. Also, other combos of adding amla for a cooler brown color.

And how to use Katam (Buxus Dioica) instead of indigo for lighter brown colors. I used Katam and henna to dye my hair a warm brown color. I would not use indigo to achieve lighter browns. I get my Katam from hennasooq.com.

I had to experiment to get the color I wanted. That's what I like about henna, indigo and katam. There is no damage to the hair when you change colors. LOL.

HTH and hope I made sense.

Back