HELP WITH REGIMEN

longhaircraver

Hello ladies. My hair has been growing very fast but its starting to break.:perplexed:wallbash::wallbash: I had it cut in layers . The bottom layer covers my collar. Can you please look at my regimine and give me some advice. What can I do beside wrapping when I need a relaxer to prevent the shedding i get from the manipulation. how can I keep it off of my collAr, any hair product recommendations.When my new growth comes in which is two weeks after a relaxer its thick and by 4 weeksit seems like i have to relax it. if I wash weekly after 2 weeks I loose alot of hairs which makes it hard to stretch.. I am really trying to reach APL so please help. I will be posting pics soon! THANKS

NIGHT. Moisturize with silk elements moisturizer. moisturize edges with elasta QP mango butter. Apply IC serum. Wrap
Morning. Unwrap apply serum
WEEKLY. wash with creamof nature shampoo. Apply aphogee 2 min reconstructor. wash out apply silk elements moisturizing treatment sit under dryer 30 min wash out. spray proclaim leave in conditioner. set. apply silk elements moisturizer mango butter serum and then wrap
Vitamins. b12,b6,folic acid sublingual tab. garlic pills/ Ag Pro

I'm thinking you may be using too much protein (the Aphogee). Try doing it 1x/month for now.
Do you use the silk elements moisturizer on your strands nightly?
How often do you relax?
To get your hair off your collar try bunning it or doing some sort of updo. Southern Tease's bun can be done on shorter lengths as well.
Have you tried the glycerin based sprays like scurl? I didn't like it but many love it to soften their hair while they bun. It helps them stretch.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Too much protein and the aphogee 2 min reconstructor is heavy protein. Your hair probably needs moisture. Try Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose moisturizing conditioner you could buy this from the vitamin shoppe or whole foods. Or your could simply use ORS replenishing pack. I never used proclaim leave in conditioner. But a good leave in conditioner is giovani direct leave in this will give your hair moisture. Hope this helped I think your main problem is too much protein girl.

Last edited:
I'm having the same as longhaircraver. Growth has never been an issue. but the brealage i experience is so heartbreaking. i co-was and dc once a week. I do protein once a month followed by a dc. dont know what esle i can do:(

In addition to what's been said, i'll suggest co-washing once/twice between washes as that'll help with the moisturizing as well as soften the tough new growth. Also, cut down combing as much as possible till wash days - finger comb instead. To wrap while finger combing, I would suggest cross-wrapping, rather than normal round wrapping. Finally, protective styles are key at your stage of growth. Find one(or maybe even a few) you're comfortable with such as bunning, phony pony's, braids, wigs, e.t.c.

Back