Help with neice's hair (pics)

Re: Help with neice\'s hair

I know there is someone out there with this texture hair. I just want to know what to use to tame her hair. I read the post about the curls but I need something that is going to keep it from getting frizzy and poof out.

i think it look lovely just like that! ur niece is so pretty, i wanna put her in my pocket and take her home...lol

this might be a lil labor intensive, but using a curl gel product and blowdrying with a diffuser while pulling the hair down will control the curls. Since she's so young, I'd save the all hair out style for only certain occasions and put her hair maybe in two cute curly ponytails, that would control the pouf factor.

Her hair is gorgeous! Are you trying to style her hair in a style where she will just wear it out, or are you asking the question with respect to any stlye at all? I think ponytails are a good option for her hair. As far as keeping them from frizzing up, fantasia IC gel should do the trick. If she wants to wear her hair in down styles, I think braidouts might be a good option. If you braid it while it's wet and wait until it dries completely before taking down, the poofiness should be minimal.

She wants to be able to wear it down. The thread about the curls is too much work. Tried the IC gel about to try the one with the sparkles. The curls are very loose after she washes it, the pics is what happens to it once it drys. She is tired of the ponytail.

What about good ol' water and grease/oil to make cute pony tails and braids. How old is she? Is this for everyday wear or just for a change. I was raised in the days where you could only wear your hair "out" on special occassions. /images/graemlins/look.gif

I think little girls hair is supposed to "puff out", especially if their active. I remember being a little girl on Easter Sunday and seeing all the little girls with puffy hair that was supposed to be pressed, curled, straigtened etc. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ooooh, you ain't never lied tician'. I remember leaving the house looking like as my grandma put it "a black barbie" by the time I got back barbie looked as though she'd been picking cotton all day and rolling in dirt for good measure. But for anti frizz I would try a creamy leave in that would sort of weigh the curls down and that would probably prevent frizziness. Try doing a heavy salerm treatment. spray it on and leave it in and let it dry mixed with water is should define and shine.

I just found someone (Kha) who has hair similiar to my neice. She uses coconut oil and elasta qp mango butter. I'm going to buy these and try them in her hair. I tried the salerm and it made her hair very hard. I told my sister to put a little of the garnier sleek and shine conditioner in her hair as a leave in, it worked real well as a conditionerm, she was able to comb it without a tangle.

If you want to keep her hair from being puffy,
I am telling this method I spoke of works.
If you do not want to condition wash her hair every morning just wet or dampen it with a spray bottle then apply the IC Fantasia (what I use is not a gel) the Profectiv and then the Suave.
Can someone please tell me how to post a picture of my daughters hair without using Fotki just a link or something!

Her hair is beautiful I wish my hair would POOF out like that , Look at my silly little hair all fluffed out ...chute , anyway if i do not puff out my hair (if you wanna call my skinny little hair that) When I use Citre shine making waves curl and wave http://www.cosmeticmall.com/product_deta...345&search= booster in the pump fat bottle . My curls stay clumped together and frizz free. the secret is not touching it before it dries .. for a fuller look after it dries run your hands over it a couple of times. Now that i've told you my secre tell me yours for the length /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

I would make sure to leave some conditioner like Fructis sleek and shine, suave milk and honey or tropical coconut in her hair. I would then gently detangle her hair with a Denman 31. I would finish with some coconut oil and either the Elasta mango butter or smooth n shine's curl activator. The plopping technique could also turn out well on her hair. No matter what she would not want to touch or comb her hair after she's added in all the products.

Her hair is beautiful.

Back