HELP!!! NEED MOISTURIZERS FOR 3B/3C Hair!!

cdawnlewis

Hi! It's my first time actually posting something and please I need your help!! I have a serious issue with my hair being so dry!! I need a great moisturizer that will leave my hair soft and shiny with the "cold" feeling (you know that feeling when your hair is super moisturized??) Any suggestions for my "hair type" which would be considered 3B/3C??:ohwell:

AvaSpeaks

Hi! It's my first time actually posting something and please I need your help!! I have a serious issue with my hair being so dry!! I need a great moisturizer that will leave my hair soft and shiny with the "cold" feeling (you know that feeling when your hair is super moisturized??) Any suggestions for my "hair type" which would be considered 3B/3C??:ohwell:

There are a TON of moisturizers for hair that is 3B or even 3C. If your hair is entirely in the Type 3 range, you shouldn't have any problems finding any moisturizers for your hair.

Maybe start off with either Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Leave-In Conditioner or maybe something from the Herbal Essence Lines. Those are just a sample suggestion.

cdawnlewis

There are a TON of moisturizers for hair that is 3B or even 3C. If your hair is entirely in the Type 3 range, you shouldn't have any problems finding any moisturizers for your hair.

Maybe start off with either Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Leave-In Conditioner or maybe something from the Herbal Essence Lines. Those are just a sample suggestion.

Thanks for the advice...I've tried so many products and they either leave my hair too greasy or not moisturized enough! I've tried HE...never the Neutrogena line though...The lack of moisture is causing my hair to break!!

mariofmagdal

I use NTM, Aloe Vera Gel, Q Mango Butter, and Donnie's softening lotion.
I baggy my whole head at night. I am natural 3a/3b.

RockCreak

I certainly know that feeling your speaking of. When dry, your hair is like cool/cold to the touch and almost feel slightly wet. I know, I have that feeling as well. Right now, I just use water, VO5 moistue milk con, and vatika oil... to help build moisture. I clarify every so often.....:yep:

I'm hoping other ladies chime in.. I'm curious to know also.

cdawnlewis

I certainly know that feeling your speaking of. When dry, your hair is like cool/cold to the touch and almost feel slightly wet. I know, I have that feeling as well. Right now, I just use water, VO5 moistue milk con, and vatika oil... to help build moisture. I clarify every so often.....:yep:

I'm hoping other ladies chime in.. I'm curious to know also.

Oh great! It's hard to explain that feeling!!

BlackMasterPiece

3B/C? Why dont you give Mixed Chicks product line a try:yep:

Also I've seen many 3b/c's have great success by saturating their hair with rinse out conditioner and leaving it in....if you want extra moisturization you can seal with a butter or oil but the conditioner alone should suffice:yep:

LatterGlory

First off:welcome3::theteam:

Are you relaxed or natural? Do you tend to wear your hair curly or straight?

ETA: Have you tried Oyin Juices & Berries (water based moisturizer) or their Shine & Define ( creamy but light ).

I also love Argan Oil from camden-grey.

Last edited:

cdawnlewis

Also I've seen many 3b/c's have great success by saturating their hair with rinse out conditioner and leaving it in....if you want extra moisturization you can seal with a butter or oil but the conditioner alone should suffice:yep:

YEah I tried Mixed Chicks a long time ago, but I don't think I gave it a fair chance...the leave in was good from what I remember, but the shampoo not so much

cdawnlewis

First off:welcome3::theteam:

Are you relaxed or natural? Do you tend to wear your hair curly or straight?

ETA: Have you tried Oyin Juices & Berries (water based moisturizer) or their Shine & Define ( creamy but light ).

I also love Argan Oil from camden-grey.

No I haven't tried any of those products...The brands I've heard of tho...where can I find them?

LatterGlory

Thanks!!! I've been a stalker but finally joined!! I wear it curly most the time..I'm a natural

Definately try Oyin products then.( makes curls pop without weighing down the hair) {oyinhandmade.com}

Aubrey Organics also has some wonderful Conditioners!
( whole foods, vitamin shoppe)

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time

That's what I do and it works really well.
I don't know exactly what a "cold feeling" is, but I prefer my hair to feel light, clean, fresh and soft.

laCriolla

try La Bomba leave in

I love it for wash-and-gos when I want to wear my hair curly. It's moisturizing, not greasy and still defines the curls without making them hard and stiff. My hair just feels healthy with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-La-...sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1268939634&sr=8-4

Nouvelle

Some naturals/relaxed ladies like Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream. One of my sisters who is transitioning has 3b/3c curls/coils and she loves the heavy cream! The website is www.qhemetbiologics.com HTH!

cdawnlewis

^^^I've been wanting to use some Dominican products!! I saw reviews on this one in particular and they've been good...

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Haha! Yeah I don't know how to explain it!! LOL But it's like a cold wet feeling I've had a lonnnng time ago...maybe I'm the only one!!! :grin:

You're not the only one...my hair had that same feeling you described when I mixed Yes To Carrots Moisturizing Mud Mask with Elucence MBC and used it as a leave in/moisturizer. My hair is 4a so you may or may not get the same reaction. Just wanted to share.

HHG

LovinLocks

An older 3b/3c'er chiming in . . . I stumbled upon something since I've been in FL. I think I've seen the product in the past, but embarrassingly the packaging didn't grab me and I didn't buy. Well, now I'm out in the middle of no-woman's land, black hair care wise (IMHO) and I bought it.

Hollywood Beauty (trademarked) Olive Creme"

It's a creme hairdress for dry hair, right. It is "enriched with FOUR OILS and VITAMINS A, B, C & E. I LOVE this stuff. I put it on and braid at night. Let me show you what it does for me. I've gotta go snap a pic - hold on . . .

http://public.fotki.com/lovinlocks/2010/march/

The last 8 photos are what I JUST took. Now, I put the Olive Creme in last night. I kinda wanted to put some in now to show you BUT I don't want to mess with the waves I got goin' on. :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell19

hi :grin:
im a 3b natural and when i wear my wash n go's i use either mango butter, hawaiin silky 14, eq recovery, or cantu shea butter. when i flat iron i either use chi silk or aveda and thats it:grin: i hope these work for you and good luck!!

LovinLocks

Thanks so much! Where can I find Qhemet products?

You'll love Qhemet. This Olive Creme is $3 something at CVS which is why I've been so astonished. It is no less good than Qhemet and a FRACTION, ya read me, I tell you a FRACTION of the cost.

Let me take a pic of the jar so yaw'll can know: I'm telling you, this stuff is the business:

No petroleum jelly

rockstar

Any more ideas?

I recently used Suave Humectant, and my hair is now fluffy. That's the only way I know how to describe it. It feels extremely soft, any my curls came more out like waves and weren't packed together as usual. The ends of my hair didn't curl up with help of a comb.

I know not every product is going to work for me, but I feel so defeated and with fluffs. :(

I would have taken a picture of the texture, but I braided this fluffy mess up.

I'm not really sure of my hair type or how to define my texture. For the ladies who hate the discussion about hair typing and texture, I am sorry in advance.

Here are pictures of y hair damp/wet, dry in a pony tail (you can sort of see my curls), and my "Bermuda Curled" ends (not sure what else to call them, that's what I grew up calling them).

Can anyone define my texture/type and what type of products I should be using? Am I even in the right thread??

Last edited:

Mrs.Green

I was gonna suggest this! :yep: Conditioner with coconut oil

^^^I've been wanting to use some Dominican products!! I saw reviews on this one in particular and they've been good...

I use only Dominican products and they work VERY well for me and my kids that have 3b/3c hair.

Lacio Lacio leave in
Salerm 21 B5 leave in (Italian product heavily used by Dominicans)
Silicon Mix leave in and Deep Conditioner
Baba De Caracol deep conditioner

Just to name a few :look: