Help I'm An Addict...Confessions of a Product Junkie

godzchildtoo

I am turning myself in. I am transitioning (last relaxer - March 2010). I didn't do the blind chop, but did cut my hair neck length (shorter than it's ever been in my life :blush:) after significant breakage. So I have been trying any and everything to get it growing again and keep it healthy. I read (and try) almost every product I see in this forum. I am a product junkie. :nono: Here's how I know:

1. This weekend I went in a new Sally Beauty Supply. They had the largest ethnic section I've ever seen in Sally's. I bought ORS Edge Control, Elasta QP glaze, and Luster's (?) Slick Stick...all because I had never seen these items anywhere else. Now I have them.
  2. I was in JCPenney looking for some drapes when I looked over and saw some Mizani product sitting on a display outside the salon. I walked over and to my surprise I saw Keracare shampoo and conditioner. I'd never been able to find it, so I picked it up. I went in to pay for it and saw a bundle pak on the clearance rack. When I took a closer look it was an 8 oz shampoo and conditioner (beige bottle) on clearance for $3.47. I bought them all (6 of them) even though I had never tried the product before.
  3. I drove an hour to pick up the infamous Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root from the only distributor in Illinois. Actually I drove an hour twice because the first time I went to the store it was closed...so I came back 2 days later.
It will probably take me 2 years to use all the stuff I've bought, but hopefully it will help my hair grow. Now...if I could just find that Elasta QP Mango Butter somewhere:wink2:

72giagia

:grin:I cmpletely understand your problem....I am a product junkie and the sally's where I live have these damaged truck sales where they all kinds of things from curling irons and every kind of product that you can think of because it's "damaged". I love it but my little salon in the basement is getting awlfully crowded.:lots:

ms.blue

I understand b/c I was a product junkie to the point that my brother had a little intervention with me about my spending habits. I have enough products to last me well into next year without buying anything but I'm waiting for the black Friday sale from qhemet biologics.:lol:

godzchildtoo

I understand b/c I was a product junkie to the point that my brother had a little intervention with me about my spending habits. I have enough products to last me well into next year without buying anything but I'm waiting for the black Friday sale from qhemet biologics.:lol:
So, they have a Black Friday sale????!!!! Where?!!! Do you buy online? What else do you recommend and how do you use their products? Sorry...I need all the info.

gadgetdiva

I'm a PJ but I have a ton of heads in the family to try stuff that I'm not crazy about on so that doesn't help much. I'm running out of cabinet space and am considering buying a cart for my bathroom to contain whats sitting on my counter top.

pink219

I'm a serious PJ too. I understand.... I stock up on conditioner and relaxer ( I know crazy... never know when the new growth will get out of control).

diadall

I am with you. But as of this morning (I purchased some Hello Hydration after already having some Giovanni conditioner) I have decided to use all of the ish I have right now. I cannot keep living this way. I don't plan on buying anything else until use what I got!

But this is expected when you are trying to figure out what your regimen is. That's what I keep telling myself. So far I have learned that I like cowashing with Suave's Coconut Conditioner. It gives me good slip and I can detangle quickly in the shower and put my bun in.

JJamiah

I can say now I am very reformed :)
While I purchase my lace fronts in bulk those too are on limited purchases; I have enough things to last me for still a few years :)

lolascurls

I'm a recovering PJ and one way to stop me spending too much or buying more than I need now is......buying sample sizes of any new products. Or asking for the free samples....lol!
Anyhu, this way, I can try it a few times and see if it works or not!
Sales....I'm getting better at dealing with...I used to go weak at the knees if i saw conditioners on slae in a Grocery store. Even if I only went in to get food!
We'll get better ladies!

Ese88

since doing the bc, i have become a terrible pj. I just keep ordering and the prettier the bottle and the scents, i just get dragged in

MissCurlyQ

I can completely relate...I am planning on doing the BC on Dec 29th and I am "stocking" up on products. I am anticipating what my regime may or may not be and I have a strong desire to have every product imaginable at my fingertips to try as soon as my dreaded straight ends are gone!!! I got some Oyin, Qhemets and Darcys during the Black Friday sale and I am determined not to purchase anything else besides sample sizes until I have a regimen. :blush: Ohhhhhh...wait that doesn’t include getting my new set of Hercules Sagemann combs....Then I’m done LOL :yep:

kellistarr

I'm not sure if you were looking for advice because I don't have any to offer. I'm about as bad as they come as far as PJ-ism goes. If you want to give it a label. I usually don't. I enjoy buying products. It's fun and I do use the stuff I purchase. Do I need all of the conditioners I have, no, but do I like trying them out on my hair? Yes!!!!!!!

I'm crazy about products in general. Lotions, soap, bath gel, I don't think I need an intervention at this time. I have a neighbor who collects refrigerators! :lol:

Last edited:

janda

Long time PJ'er here. But, just recently (since joining LHCF) added hair products to the mix (my DH just shakes his head). I've been obsessed with makeup and skincare products since I was about 14 years old. IMO, there could be worse addictions.