HELP- big fat buildup problem ASAP

hotshot

okay, so the other day after my conditioner wash, in an obsessive quest for moisture, i got a little heavy handed with the CDHHB. I was too tired to CO last night as planned so i did this morning. well, what turned into a regular shower and wash became a morning long project. i realized after the wash that i needed to clarify, so i did an ACV rinse. simple right? assuming the problem was gone, i began to part my hair apply surge and WGO- i decided to lay off the HHB for today. well, stupid me didn't realize the buildup wasn't gone from the ACV. so i added more crap to buildup on 2 sections of my hair. Then i decided to shampoo with Dr. Bronner's peppermint, twice. then i applied nature's gate herbal conditioner and im sitting with a towel on my head. there is still a section that looks greyish where i applied the WGO. Help- what do i do? im mad, frustrated and amused actually by this whole thing!
frown.gif
confused.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

i think that you should invest in a shampoo that is specifically for clarifying. i like Elasta QP Bodifying.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
i think that you should invest in a shampoo that is specifically for clarifying.

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O !

Thanks ladies! I was getting off to go and do an ACV when I noticed this post. I'll save the ACV for when I don't have as much build up.

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
i think that you should invest in a shampoo that is specifically for clarifying. i like Elasta QP Bodifying.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Elasta qp bodifying is a clarifying shampoo????? I thought that the main ingredient is sodium myreth sulfate... I wanted to try the stuff because I can't find the other (gentle) elasta qp shampoos anymore
frown.gif

purtygurly, to me, it is. lol! i actually started using it by accident. when i tried the Recovery, it had a tiny free sample of this shampoo attached to it. when i used it, i fell in love! i went out and bought the 32 oz bottle...
25.gif
now i just refill and leave the sample bottle in the shower caddy. i actually use this shampoo every time i wash. i've been doing this since before the summer, i think. i can't remember when my Elasta product binge was exactly...
grin.gif

anyway, here is what their website says about it:

[ QUOTE ]
Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo gently but effectively removes all traces of styling products for hair. Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) adds body to hair. Great for boosting volume and adding bounce to fine hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the only reason i got the 32 oz was because they didn't have it in the 8 oz size. i'm sure one of these decades i'll use it up.
laugh.gif

i used the dr. bronners castile soap b/c alot of ppl use it for clarifying and it works, generally. anyway i left the nature's gate on all day in a puff and i realized its a fantastic leavein! thanks for your help. i think i rinse/wash later tonite. i think the conditioner is helping loosen stuff up.

Back