Hello texturized ladies, could you please

Mufasa

answer the questions below? Your opinions are greatly appreciated
smile.gif

=> What is your hair type and what type of perm do you use for your texturizer?

=> What styles do you wear? how long does it take to create the styles and how many days (or weeks) do they last? Which style(s) do you wear most often?

=> What would you do with your hair in humid environment. For example, if you worked in Florida, outside, next to the ocean, what would you do with your hair?

=> When you first texturized (and when doing touch-ups) how long did you allow the relaxer to stay in your hair? For touch-up times, how do you avoid problems with overlapping and overprocessing?

=> Are there any "gotcha"s with texturizing or texturized hair altogether?

TIA

answer the questions below? Your opinions are greatly appreciated
smile.gif

=&gt; What is your hair type and what type of perm do you use for your texturizer? <font color="blue">
Primarily 4A (thick). Revlon Realistic (Lye), Regular Strength </font>

=&gt; What styles do you wear? <font color="blue">
Wash/Rinse n' Go.....twists, roller sets. </font>

how long does it take to create the styles and how many days (or weeks) do they last?
<font color="blue">Wash n' Go doesn't take any time other than the time it takes to wash (either conditioner or shampoo). I apply a leave-in conditioner and air dry to wear curly. I re-wet on subsequent days with water and fluff or use a glycerin/water spray.

I've worn twists for up to 3 weeks. It takes me over an hour to do twists.

Roller setting (45 minutes to do, plus drying time of 45-60 minutes) or curling iron (45 min.) curls last me for a couple of days without re-rolling the hair if I use a setting lotion.</font>

Which style(s) do you wear most often? <font color="blue">
Curly </font>

=&gt; What would you do with your hair in humid environment. For example, if you worked in Florida, outside, next to the ocean, what would you do with your hair? <font color="blue"> I'd wear it curly or twists.</font>

=&gt; When you first texturized (and when doing touch-ups) how long did you allow the relaxer to stay in your hair?
<font color="blue">I'm not a good one to answer this question because I don't think I'm the norm. I leave it on for 15 minutes after the relaxer cream has been applied. </font>

For touch-up times, how do you avoid problems with overlapping and overprocessing?
<font color="blue">Don't retouch often. I retouch every 3-5 months. I've covered my strands with oil on occasions in the past, but don't usually do that. </font>

=&gt; Are there any "gotcha"s with texturizing or texturized hair altogether?
<font color="blue">1) Different parts of my hair require different time limitations. Therefore, I have to apply the relaxer accordingly to avoid over-straightening the sides.
2) Work quickly!

</font>

Hi CurlyCrly and Brownie!

Thank you so much for your responses
smile.gif
I am reading them now and attempting to learn how to take care of my hair.

Wish me luck!
Mufasa

=&gt; What is your hair type and what type of perm do you use for your texturizer?
<font color="red"> My hair is 3C fine. I use Motions Oil in Mild.</font>
=&gt; What styles do you wear? how long does it take to create the styles and how many days (or weeks) do they last? Which style(s) do you wear most often?
<font color="red">I wear my hair straight or curly most of the time. I fashion updos after a day or so of wearing my hair down after a wash. I rollerset (and sometimes blow my roots) for straight hair and airdry loose for curls. </font>
=&gt; What would you do with your hair in humid environment. For example, if you worked in Florida, outside, next to the ocean, what would you do with your hair?
<font color="red">Wear it curly. </font>
=&gt; When you first texturized (and when doing touch-ups) how long did you allow the relaxer to stay in your hair? For touch-up times, how do you avoid problems with overlapping and overprocessing?
<font color="red"> I moved to texturizing gradually by using milder and milder realxers at the same time as I gradually left the realxer on for less and less time. I also apply products (Affirm Protecto, Elucence Barrier Balm) to my hair to slow the relaxing process and prevent overprocessing. Currently I have any relaxer creme removed from my hair about 5 minutes after it's applied. Pretty much as soon as they get it in they take it out.</font>
=&gt; Are there any "gotcha"s with texturizing or texturized hair altogether?

<font color="red"> Only that texturizers shouldn't be underestimated. Just because it's called a texturizer doesn't mean it's any easier or less damaging than a relaxer - they use the same chemical to do their job and they can wreak the same havoc if not taken care of properly - they are essentially the same thing. Take excellent care of your hair no matter what. </font>

Back