Hello, I'm new here!

shinyblackhair

Hello, I\'m new here!

Hi there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My name is Nadine. I have been thoroughly enjoying these forums. I have found them informative and very encouraging. I didn't know there were black women out there really trying to achieve long hair by actually growing it themselves. I kind of always thought long hair was hair that maybe went a little past your shoulders. Here, I see women setting and achieving goals of bra-strap length and even longer! I have decided that I want to attempt the same. I now believe with the right products and proper attention my hair can reach phenomenal lengths.

I am currently using Pantene ProV and Creme of Nature. Next week I plan to buy Nexxus Botanoil and Humectress, some setting lotion (recommendations??) and some rollers. From here on in my flat iron and me are breaking up, lol. Take care and thanks for reading!

Nadine

Re: Hello, I\'m new here!

Welcome to the board Nadine. We're glad to have you /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi, shinyblackhair. Welcome!

I recommend that you use a moisturizing leave-in along with another product to add "silkiness" when you do your rollersets.

My choices for moisturizing leave-ins are Kiehl's Silk Groom or Africa's Best Organics Liquid Hair Mayo. For JUST THE ENDS, I apply jojoba or Wild growth Oil.

What part of the country do you live in? If you live in NYC, I highly recommend Lafier Honey/Almond Rinse (watered down a little) as a leave-in for soft, shiny hair.

hey nadine,
welcome to the board, i am sure you will achieve the bra strap length with all the help you will get here.
nay /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hello and welcome to the board. Everyone here has their favorite setting lotions. My favorite is Lottabody <font color="red">Cream</font color> for Wrapping and Setting. Tonight I'm gonna try something different(experimenting with something I already have). So I may end up with a new favorite.

Welcome to the board Shinyblackhair! You will learn a lot from this forum. Be sure to utilized the search function also!

Cheers,
Gen

Welcome, Nadine! I am also a newbie! /images/graemlins/smile.gifMy two favorite setting lotions are Keracare foaming and Jane Carter Solution foaming because my hair never comes out stiff - always soft and bouncy. But I think I need to learn a bit more from people on here about setting my hair. I think I need to use some oil on my ends or something when I do it at home to combat frizz. Otherwise, I am going to be stuck with my curling iron! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Welcome to the board Nadine, I know you'll find very helpful advice from some very nice ladies!

Skegeesmb

Welcome Nadine! I stopped using setting lotion some time ago because it just left my hair too hard and brittle with no body. I use Infusium 23 as a leave-in and it works well with wet sets.

Wishing you much success with your new hair goals.

Hi Nadine,

Welcome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif As far as setting, I use a leave in like Aubrey Organics White Camilla Shine. Sometimes I use just plain ole water. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back