Heat Training

caringangel

I am thinking about texlaxing using Just For Me hair softener, but I am afraid of the chemical process. I have been transitioning a little over a year and I where my hair straight most of the time. It would be easier if my curl pattern was looser.

I saw a video on you tube about heat training, does anyone use this technique and how exactly is it done?

I use to do "heat training" but that was before I found LHCF.

Heat training is the same thing as Heat damage. Not sure if you wish to do this... but ya...

I'm confused. Do you want to be texlaxed or natural? Heat training texlaxed hair is just as frustrating as heat training natural hair. You are better off relaxing if you prefer strait styles. If you prefer flat irons and you have long hair, a Maxiglide can get your hair strait with steam. I hope I was of help to you.

I do it and love it. My hair is healthy and growing quite nicely (see siggie). Let people say what they will about heat training but the proof is in the pudding. I achieved my results over time but I plan to make a video on how I do it. Check out my channel if you'd like to see my results.

I do it and love it. My hair is healthy and growing quite nicely (see siggie). Let people say what they will about heat training but the proof is in the pudding. I achieved my results over time but I plan to make a video on how I do it. Check out my channel if you'd like to see my results.

^^ I agree. Heat training doesn't have to equal damage. The damage is caused because the person applying the heat used a higher setting than was needed for the hair. You could also avoid damage by never pressing to bone straight.

OP, there are many naturals who wear their hair straight but their hair isn't heat trained. They have just mastered the pressing technique so well that they can do so often, wear their hair straight and then still have the option of wearing it curly. Pinkskates comes to mind. Maybe you need to stalk her or her posts to learn her technique.

To me the idea of heat training is like playing Russian Roulette. Some people pull the trigger and shoot blank and have awesome results and progress like Brittanynic. But others aren't as lucky and when it's their turn to play, they end up firing a bullet. And some setbacks are just too huge to take chances with, IMO. :nono:

Unless you're serial BCer (and don't mind) then I'd say find a safer/less risky way.

Last edited:
I do believe Pinkskates said her hair was "lightly heat-trained" OR "slightly loosened" - something to that effect. I'll try to find the thread...

Heat train texlaxed hair? That a lot for hair to go though. If you prefer straight styles then you probably should just stop being so scared, and get a relaxer. Relaxers do the exact same thing, break the S-bond.

Not sure why you want to take chances with heat damage:perplexed...but okay. Some people get good results, some people do not, but hey, not my hair.

Thankfully.

Back