Heat protection suggestions

motherx2esq

I am getting my hair flat ironed tomorrow and I want to take something that will protect my hair from the heat. What do you ladies suggest? I don't really use heat so I don't use a protectant. I'm only about 6 weeks post but I do not think my last relaxer took. TIA!

Candy_C

I am getting my hair flat ironed tomorrow and I want to take something that will protect my hair from the heat. What do you ladies suggest? I don't really use heat so I don't use a protectant. I'm only about 6 weeks post but I do not think my last relaxer took. TIA!

A lil Avocado butter mixed with some olive oil serum would do wonders, not just protection but straightness!

northernbelle

Farouk Silk Therapy is like the Chi Silk Infusion, but has a much better smell. The Chi Silk Infusion reminds me of men's cologne.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I think CandyC has a recipe for that. It's pretty easy to make from my understanding, you just need a really ripe avocado. My pick would be Keracare's Creme Press. It's light, the smell isn't overpowering, and it leaves my hair silky straight until wash day.

motherx2esq

I decided to go ahead and get the chi silk infusions because I saw it at the JC Penny's Salon. I only got the very small bottle ($13 dang). I was not very impressed with the shine but maybe I used it wrong. lol I just added it to the hair before the heat was applied. Was I suppose to let her do it section by section?

I recently got Chi infusions from walgreens and loved it. I applied it in small sections not to my whole head then flat ironed then used my carusos. I loved the result and I really like the way chi smells :look:

neonbright

I have my co-workers, my neighbor and a lady I met at my job that uses Chi but she was using too much for her hair length. We all use it differently, but we all love it.

1. I put about a quarter size or quarter 1/2 more on my wet hair, roller set, saran wrap and wow! My hair is shining, bouncing, and silky.

2. They usually put it in their hair wet or dry and blow dry and curl or flat iron. My goodness their hair is prettier and prettier everyday.