Has MSM Changed Your Hair?

MissMeWithThatIsh

I'm taking Powder MSM from Source Naturals...

I'm wondering how much I should take and how frequently should I take it? I think I take about 1 teaspoon once or twice a day at least 2 or 3 times per week.

I just hear different things like, "I went from 4b to 3a" and stuff, but I want to know what's realistic and does anyone have pics. I don't expect to become a 2a or waistlength overnight, but I do want to know what to expect.

I'm taking it to get stronger, healthier hair, and have a natural texture change (I hate chemicals, they can't uniformly process on my hair no matter how I try).

(My hair has like 3 textures.

From the nape to the middle of my head it looks 3cish when wet (like a large jherri curl LOL)... and shrinks into smaller, but obviously defined curls. The middle seems to be the "nappiest" but when you wash or condition it well... it's tiny coils (sorta pen sized) and shrinks the MOST. the front is wavy with no other real type definition to it... so when I texlax, I have half straight, half curly hair... and it looks like a bad wave noveau.)

MSM has made my texture softer. I once had beedy beads, but not anymore. I think that it also contributes to me being able to stretch longer. I take a 1/2 tsp a day in juice.

MSM has made my texture softer. I once had beedy beads, but not anymore. I think that it also contributes to me being able to stretch longer. I take a 1/2 tsp a day in juice.
Your definitely looks well manicured!

How long have you been taking it?

I hear people quting 2300 mg and things like that, and I'm like, "Uhm, how am I sposed to measure that? My can says take 1/2 a teaspoon?"

I've been taking the Vitamin Shoppe brand...1500mg a day for the past 4 weeks and I must say that my new growth is now softer and when I blow-dry it gets bone straight (I'm almost 8 weeks post relaxer) and that has never happened before. My skin has benefited as well and I've had no adverse effects....in fact it's smoother and has a glow.

my hair must be backwards cause i took msm for 3 4 months and it made my curls tigher

my hair is 3b/c and i'm natural and the back of my hair (new growth)is more 3c the front was 3c but it's back to 3b and at the very front by my hair line it almost 4a it would say it a very tigh 3c and it was 3b and it made my hair thicker but i don't know about the softer part

hmmm.... might just be my hair cause most people say it made hair looser but i have the oppsite

i took 1000mg once a day

I have been taking it over a year. Actually, it's probably a little more that 1/2 tsp but it's still ok. I drink lots of water with it. It will jack up your monthly cycle, so be aware. I try to take less around my cyle.

I have been taking it over a year. Actually, it's probably a little more that 1/2 tsp but it's still ok. I drink lots of water with it. It will jack up your monthly cycle, so be aware. I try to take less around my cyle.

My cycle is already jacked up... lol...

But dare I say it's been a few weeks and my cycle actually appears more regular.

I hear people taking it internally. What does it do if you apply if topically(on the hair instead of "eating" it)?

Have you used MTG or BT?

It does/can increase growth and thickness.

My hair has become REALLY thick using these things.

Nope, haven't used those. I mix my own stuff. When I was using MN I was mixing the MSM in it. Now I mix the MSM in coconut oil and oil my scalp with the mixture. I thought I heard somewhere that it could be used topically as well. If better results are achieved with taking it like a vitamin I guess I'll add it to my supplement regimen...

A long time ago, there were a couple of threads about how MSM changed people's hair texture. The search function hates me, so I cain't find them for you, but try seeing what you can find.... From reading those threads, I learned a few things. MSM is best utilized by your body when you also are taking an adequate amount of vitamin C with it. I actually learned this first hand - my hair grew some, but not anything big like I had heard so many ladies talking about, and my texture didn't change at all the first time I tried MSM. Then I started mixing it in Tang (I HATE orange juice), and I started to not only see a difference in texture, but my growth was crazy.

As for mixing MSM and applying it topically, there are also threads about this. The MSM that is taken internally is a water-soluble form of sulphur. This usually does not produce the desired results from topical application. However, the oil-soluble form of sulphur that is found in MTG & Boundless Tresses is what is typically used externally and produced fantastic results. HTH.

A long time ago, there were a couple of threads about how MSM changed people's hair texture. The search function hates me, so I cain't find them for you, but try seeing what you can find.... From reading those threads, I learned a few things. MSM is best utilized by your body when you also are taking an adequate amount of vitamin C with it. I actually learned this first hand - my hair grew some, but not anything big like I had heard so many ladies talking about, and my texture didn't change at all the first time I tried MSM. Then I started mixing it in Tang (I HATE orange juice), and I started to not only see a difference in texture, but my growth was crazy.

As for mixing MSM and applying it topically, there are also threads about this. The MSM that is taken internally is a water-soluble form of sulphur. This usually does not produce the desired results from topical application. However, the oil-soluble form of sulphur that is found in MTG & Boundless Tresses is what is typically used externally and produced fantastic results. HTH.

Thanks for the reply!
So Tang has Vit C in it? Hmmmm...

I haven't used MTG and BT in like a month. I think I might start it back up because Spring/Summer is coming and it's growing season!!!

I tried using the search function, but overall it kept freezing.

Thanks so much. I'll continue using the topical version. I take enough stuff as it is!!!

I am not sure WHAT it does fr my hair period...but I see results with my skin. I am going to try it with Vitamin C (Tang or Juice) and see if I get better results. I MUST get APL by summer.

Back