HAS ANYONE TRIED KERACARE RECONSTRUCTOR treatment?

MizaniMami

If I remember correctly, someone posted the ingredients to this and it had the EXACT ingredients as Nexxus Emergencee except one of the ingredients were flipped. I don't remember which one.

So if you like Nexxus Emergencee you prob. will like this.

amina kamal

Mizani Mami,
I used Nexxus Emergencee and dont remember being that impressed. I see you use Aveda DR line. Do you think the reconstructor would work only if you use the whole line or would it be worth just trying the reconstructor with other products?

luvlonghair

I've tried the KeraCare reconstructor and liked it pretty well. To me, its a light reconstructor though. It doesn't get as hard as Aphogee. You would still need to use the humecto creme conditioner afterwards:grin:

Last edited:

atlqt

I've used both (Keracare Super Reconstructor and Emergencee) and they are relatively the same product with the same ingredients and very similar results. I like both of them, so price rules in that case IMO.

apollo

I like the super reconstructor, it doesn't make my hair hard. I put on my heat cap for 10 mins, then I follow with the humecto. I now use the whole line and my hair loves it. I am now 13 weeks post and I can comb through my new growth.

luvlonghair said:
I've tried the KeraCare reconstructor and liked it pretty well. To me, its a like reconstructor though. It doesn't get as hard as Aphogee. You would still need to use the humecto creme conditioner afterwards:grin:

ITA, I love the Keracare reconstructor better than Aphogee, it doesn't get as hard and doesn't smell as bad either

mahogany66 said:
What is the difference b/t the 5n1 and this reconsturctor :confused:

I only use the 5n1 after I rinse out my relaxer and before I apply the neutralizing shampoo. I don't think the 5n1 is as concentrated as the super reconstructor