Has anyone recovered from PJism?

isawstars

I FINALLY have.

I've become fond of mnt, and used some nexxus samples and fell in LOVE. I can't believe I am no longer tempted to try new products. Let me tell you... i was BADDD. My hallmates sometimes left their shampoo or conditioner in the shower stalls and I'm not gonna lie... I tried a little! :lol: Yeah well, mnt, nexxus and a few of PM's products are all I need to make me happy. I no longer have that urge.

So keep your eyes open for me at the Hair Product Exchange Forum... i have a lot of good stuff (PM, Kenra, Kera Care...). It's going to be really hard to part from them though. :ohwell:

Yepper Pepper!! :yay: I was 'set free' about 6 months ago after I discovered my Indian Oils and treatments. I have pictures in my photo album that show 1 cabinet out of 4 that were stocked FULL of products.

Now, I'm down to two and I'm working my way through those. I need to have another sale/giveaway myself (again) :lol: .

VWVixxen said:
Yepper Pepper!! :yay: I was 'set free' about 6 months ago after I discovered my Indian Oils and treatments. I have pictures in my photo album that show 1 cabinet out of 4 that were stocked FULL of products.

Now, I'm down to two and I'm working my way through those. I need to have another sale/giveaway myself (again) :lol: .

FOUR cabinets? :eek: wowowow!

I have found the ones but I can't stay faithful. But seriously. I found what I love, but it's hard. I am in recovery though.

Aveda Damage Remedy Line
and Nexxus is what works for me, but I like to explore lol!

I've been in recovery for about a year and a half. I know what works for my hair. Occasionally, I might try something new (like Elucence recently) but other than that, I'm pretty sure on what works for me and have no real need to buy the next best thing.

Yeah, it was bad! My BF just couldn't understand it, that largely helped me see my 'problem'. :look: :lol:

I have chilled out after giving a ton of stuff to my mother and brothers a month ago. Its was crazy and this wasn't cheap stuff either. I do want to try the neosporin AF. But thats about it. I am still looking for a replacement shampoo. When i see new stuff in the store i just keep walking and leave it alone. I have a few conditioners i really like and i love my leave-in. All i need is a good natural shampoo and i am set.

I can honestly say I have, I was in 2 stores today and didn't pick up not one thing, :D , I didn't realize it until I saw this thread. But I did really good at gettingg my friend to buy some stuff, :lol: .

I used to be a baddd pj... but not anymore. I almost gave in to the temptation about a month ago, I purchased 3 new conditioners (2 full size 1 sample). This is after one full calendar year of staying consistent with my tried and true products. I dont regret it because i found a great condit in ORS replensihing pak, and now i know not to waste my time with other things... in my defense (lol) i was on the lookout for a good moisture conditioner, hence my purchases.

Now that i've tried a few things, im ready to stick to my guns because i know i get better results with consistency.

beana said:
I used to be a baddd pj... but not anymore. I almost gave in to the temptation about a month ago, I purchased 3 new conditioners (2 full size 1 sample). This is after one full calendar year of staying consistent with my tried and true products. I dont regret it because i found a great condit in ORS replensihing pak, and now i know not to waste my time with other things... in my defense (lol) i was on the lookout for a good moisture conditioner, hence my purchases.

Now that i've tried a few things, im ready to stick to my guns because i know i get better results with consistency.

You stayed consistent for a year? That's awesome!!

Did you see a difference in your hair? or just your wallet? :lol:

I did! Let me tell ya how I know. I just left a restaurant and I had an ice cream cone in hand. There was a BSS next door and I decided to take a look.

Before I could get in I saw the sign that said "Absolutely No Food Allowed"! I politely walk away and finished my ice cream.

hahahah This is a true event!

On the serious side I went back to Aubrey's and don't know why I left. All the other stuff cause major shedding and Aubrey's does not cause this for me.

MonaRae

Last edited:
Kristenxdollface said:
You stayed consistent for a year? That's awesome!!

Did you see a difference in your hair? or just your wallet? :lol:

In both lol ;) . My hair seriously prospered this past year, i went from base of neck to 1.5 inches above brastrap. I'm 5'8 so this is a lot of inches when you also take into consideration i obsessively trim my hair. I also purchase what i like in litre sizes if available, this helps me curb my pj ism too.

I've been good since 1/2006 I did a No PJ ism challenge and weaned myself off all the products, sold some gave some away, now I only buy what works for my hair.

I'm in the recovery stages. I'm still trying to find my hair oil staple and setting lotion. Right now I just replace my staple products and most are within 3 lines that I rotate.

I have the urge to try new products that were on my list before my recovery but I won't buy any until I get rid of all my so, so products which will take me a long time to go through.

I have recovered since I found works for me. I have saved so much money and my cabinet is almost bare. The only thing that I have bought in a couple of months is Mega-Tek which I will try this Friday.

Back