HAIRLINE GONE!! PICS inside *PLEASE HELP*

Wow, I feel ur pain. My edges are my problem area. I've been taking Bioton for almost 3 months and I can finally see some hairs starting to grow in spots where it was literally bald. I also use coconut oil everyday. I'd suggest braiding ur hair and wearing a wig for a while. HTH...Good luck!

I would suggest you wash your hair with a neutralizing shampoo, one that has the stop-action color indicator. If it turns pink while you are washing your hair, you're in big trouble. That means the relaxer is still in your hair. Follow the instructions carefully until all the relaxer is washed out.

You need a strong growth regimen. Do you have any heart problems? If not, I suggest you start adding rosemary, peppermint oil, or even sulfur to your deep conditioner.
I've used growth aids before and they all work. Some work for the better, but they do grow back your hair. Mega-Tek works the best but the strong protein might not work for you.
Three of my favorites are Boundless Tresses grease, Komaza Care Hair Nourishment oil and Lenzi's Request. All three worked. The Boundless Tresses grease is great for those who co-wash regularly, or have dry, tangling roots. Komaza Care is nice for women who like to use oil in their hair. I wouldn't use these two in the winter or for women who have scalps that are sensitive to sulfur.
The cool thing about the Komaza oil has essential oils and sulfur. You can mix it into your conditioner or deep conditioner.
I like Lenzi's Request in the winter time because sulfur dries my scalp out too much. I got excellent growth with this. You can order it at http://www.sunriseproductonline.com
I used all of these growth aids twice a day. I co-washed everyday and deep conditioned once a week. I think my old fotkis had my results.

agreeing with the Megatek reference as well as the essential oils rosemary, sulphur & peppermint. I used those mixed with MTG & it works. I am truly sorry for the setback you are in the right place for help.

:hug2:that sucks. DON'T braid. Get a very cute wig and one of those smaller satin headscarves/ band. tie the scarf (headband style) around your head covering your edges before applying the wig.

To regrow, massage your hairline gently with any oil, castor oil/EVOO and soon it'll be back as new:yep:

Thanks everyone for all of your help! I feel kinda bad since this is an old post and I have since BC'ed so I'm all natural now.
You can see my update thread here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=376205&highlight=

BraveNewGurl: what are/did you cowashing with? My hair doesn't seem to respond to it. How do you know a conditioner is working or is a good product? Do you use it and then let your hair dry to determine if the softness stays?

I'm currently nursing my dd so I can take any of the rosemary right now but I do have peppermint oil and the Komaza Care oil. I'll try adding them to my DC since I don't like the smell of the KC oil (it's too strong).

I'm really frustrated with my hair right now so I just may be wiggin' it until I get some kind of length.

You may want to try full scalp massages with Jamaican Black Castor every night. I've heard success stories with retrieving hair by doing so. I sure hope things work out for you.

CASTOR OIL and keeping my edges moistuirized/sealed(i.e.=leave-ins and coconut oil,etc.) hope this helps or someone elses suggestions. IT CAN BE DONE!

Back