Hair Washing Frequency

I'm natural and I shampoo about 2-3 times a week in the summer, 1-2 times a week in the winter. I rinse almost daily if my hair isn't twisted or braided.

[ QUOTE ]
queeny20 said:
Nay when I do my co washes, I usually have my hair in braids for a braid out or four braids. I put some water and conditioner in a squirt bottle and saturate my hair. I shower and then rinse. I let it air dry then undo my braids. I would say I comb my hair an average of 2-3 times a week tops. I don't lose a lot of hair either. Take care Queneesha

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for explaining that to me!

Nay, when I co wash, I put the conditioner in my hair the same way I would if I were to shampoo. I massage my head with the conditioner in it then rinse. I put some more conditioner in, massage and let it sit while I finish bathing. Then, I rinse with cool water, leaving a bit of the conditioner in my hair. HTH!

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
I do daily or every other day conditioner washes. Once a week I do a pre-shampoo treatment and shampoo/condition/deep condition. I am natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here, I am also natural
smile.gif

transitioning - 3x a week. once with shampoo the other 2 times is a conditioner wash. once completly natural i will condtioner wash every day and shampoo 1 a week

When you wash your hair once a week or more are you putting heat in it with blow dryers? Curlers? Hooded Dryer Sets?
etc?

How much heat and how often are you putting in your hair?

I shampoo 1x/week & CO wash 3x/week. I use the bonnet dryer for 30 minutes on low to help it dry. Otherwise it's still pretty wet the next morning.

Texturized.

I am trying* to go back to washing/deep conditioning once a week, Im relaxed. A week is definetely the longest I will go w/o washing.

I feel like the only one that's not normal...hehe. I wash my hair once every three weeks, and my hair is pressed. If I washed my hair every week, that would mean I would have to press it every week, and that is not healthy for my hair. Plus, more of my hair would come out because I'm washing it so much. If I had relaxed hair, I would probably wash my hair more frequently...

I'll be honest. Maybe I just didn't want to deal with pressing my hair myself, or maybe I didn't think, my pressing results were as good as the salons, but now it would seem that if I did wash more frequently, I'd be damaging my hair with too much heat.

I'm actually glad to hear that you go 3 wks.

How is your hair doing? Are you achieving your hair goals?

tlmack....my hair is doing fine. For as long as I can remember, I always washed my hair every three weeks. It was a time, for about 4 years, when i washed my hair once a month, and pressed once a month, and I never had a problem. My hair is healthy, and its bra-strap length, and growing. I think these days, people use so many products on their hair, that they have to wash it so often, to get all that stuff out. People use moisturizer, and hair oil, and spray, and whatever else...no wonder they have to wash their hair so much. All I do is wash and condition and moisturize with Creme of Nature products, and press my hair with Apex pressing oil, and grease my hair once a week, and it stays just fine. Actually, all of the friends that I have, that their hair is permed, actually wash their hair every three weeks also!! This is the first time that I have heard so many African Americans wash their hair so frequently. Well, if it doesn't hurt them...then why not. I probably would do it too.

I hve started condtioner washing every night and using shampoo 1-2x/week...my hair is responding well to it and stays moisturized. I shampoo with Surge Power Wash and I condition with (I think) African Prie detangling conditioner and also Fantasia tea tree conditioner. I follow up with surge plus 14, WGO on my scalp and then Carrot Oil on my hair....tie it down and let it dry. When I use shampoo, I surge plus the hair, WGO Wojee cream it and Lotion Motion oil it....am losing less hair than ever when I comb, wash, and brush!

I haven't been washing my hair as often as I did last year. These days, I've been shampooing my hair once a week. My hair is relaxed.

I do conditioner washes every other day but after the 2nd or 3rd conditioner wash, I shampoo and do an ACV rinse.
I'm transitioning.

My plan is to wash and condition twice a week. I think that my hair will look and feel better overall. My hair is relaxed, and fine textured.

northernbelle

I wash daily and put into a ponytail and let air dry and i'm out the door.

At most I do every other day but not to often because I exercise everyday.

I wash at least twice a week. I haven't deep conditioned using heat in a while. I just leave the conditioner in for 5-10 minutes and then rinse.

Back