Hair Update, Pics Included...Any Advice?

angelc

Hi Ladies!

I have been lurking for a while and have been away for a bit but I am back and need a little advice.

A few pics from my hair journey are below in my signature pic. I have had some progress but I am a *slow* grower. I am currently transitioning 1yr, 4 months. (4b)

Co-Washing once per wk
Suave Naturals or V05 Moisture Milks
Deep Conditioning with ORS
Other Staple Products:
Neutrogena Leave In
Hawiian Silky Leave In
Castor Oil for sealing

Here are my issues and I need some pointers...

• In need of a quality leave in conditioner to combat dryness.
  • Hairline (edges on both sides) is very weak, besides castor oil not sure
    what else will help grow it back?
    http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=474062 (pics of my edges taken 6.5.10)
  • As my hair grows it seems to look thinner. What can I use to make it thicker?

I know that I need a trim badly...:sad:

(Thanks for peeking in...please don't hesitate to respond! :grin: )

Any pointers?

Your growth looks nice and steady too me. I dont know of a good leave in conditioner but i know that one of the lovely lhcf sisters will know of 1 or some. As for your edges why not try out Mega Tek? I had thin, broken edges and I after using mega tek for 6 months and my hair and edges is now fuller and healthy. i mix it with castor oil, argan and olive oil and this has real helped my edges. I use the mixture 3 times a week..

Sorry i can't be more helpful

Have you considered using MN mixed with Castor oil (regular or Jamaican)? I got pretty good growth with MN back in the day so I decided to get back on it.

:bump: for you

@angelc

For leave in conditioners you could try

Parnevu leave in conditioner Extra Dry hair
and/or

Giovanni deep leave in conditioner

You've got a very good amount of growth :congrats:

Hi Ladies!

I have been lurking for a while and have been away for a bit but I am back and need a little advice.

A few pics from my hair journey are below in my signature pic. I have had some progress but I am a *slow* grower. I am currently transitioning 1yr, 4 months. (4b)

Co-Washing once per wk
Suave Naturals or V05 Moisture Milks
Deep Conditioning with ORS
Other Staple Products:
Neutrogena Leave In
Hawiian Silky Leave In
Castor Oil for sealing

Here are my issues and I need some pointers...

• In need of a quality leave in conditioner to combat dryness.
  • Hairline (edges on both sides) is very weak, besides castor oil not sure
    what else will help grow it back?
    http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=474062 (pics of my edges taken 6.5.10)
  • As my hair grows it seems to look thinner. What can I use to make it thicker?
I know that I need a trim badly...:sad:

(Thanks for peeking in...please don't hesitate to respond! :grin: )

Any pointers?
I understand you're a slow grower...wondering how slow...meaning if you think you're slower because of the growth you're getting (and possible breakage) on a monthly basis.

The only way to tell for sure is to do protective styling for a month or two to gauge the difference. Some protective styles: cornrows, weave (but please take it down yourself and do it slowly and methodically), wigs, buns (please change the position of your bun or you're asking for trouble.

As for the breakage:
Are you using any headbands? Make sure that nothing is "pressuring that area". Some people can't take them. For instance I found some silk ones and I still get breakage if I wear them constantly (on hairline) so I make sure to only wear them once in a while or not at all.

Also If you can take sulfur I think an excellent product is by growth specifics. ONe of the ladies on our site invented it. They have it in a balm that's easy to put on the edges
RHB-1.jpg
. It's a little expensive but a little goes a long way. http://www.growthspecifics.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1
I ordered it for my mom's edges and it helped (she's relaxed). Really good product.

Also are you relaxed? Because if you are (and this is coming from a natural) you might want to consider relaxing the edges and back at the very last minute (some other relaxed heads do this). I realize you won't have the "smooth" edges, but it's a way to save them, and that's what you're after I would think: healthy full edges and hair.

Back